Lumio LED Book-Shaped Lamp

It's not the lamp you previously "dreamed of" on the WAN show on the 25th, but it's a pretty interesting novelty one nonetheless.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

5:21

I lost it.

Its pretty cool, I would buy it cuz its cool and so I could show off.  

But my brain isn't capable of understanding such remarkable technology. 

All I can is its...

post-42942-0-86345500-1398925708.gif

Interesting concept. Would like to see if anyone here is going to buy it lol

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

ITS A NOVELTY ITEM  !!!!

"Look at the root of the word Novelty, its Novel.   Which to me says your just being close-minded, because its in the shape of a book. That is to say, judging a book by its cover."

-Linus's words, not mine :D

It looks great though, mainly for aesthetics.

------------------------------------

~ Live Love Code ~

------------------------------------

Oh god I want this!

I love reading and while my kindle replaced oldschool books in most cases, I still like the aesthetics of a book. This as a light for my nightstand /for reading would be great.

Lets check the price... Yeah, nevermind... didn't want this at all

For that price in USD you could buy a Sonos Play 1 for all of that wireless audio goodness. Or you could get a pair of powerline adapters plus an access point to get a wireless signal to that far corner of your house with change. You could also get a 2DS with a couple of games which not only be a light but would also play the Pokemans and such. Or you could get a programmable multi-coloured LED globe from LIFX or maybe even two and control the lighting in one of your rooms with a cool little phone app.

Plenty of better ways to spend your ~$150-200US

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

OR, I could buy 10 book lights for portable use.

Interesting curiousity.

That being said, $160 is out of my price range for a curiousity piece. As Linus noted in the video, without permanent wiring capabilities, it soon becomes impractical in a home environment beyond that aesthetic curiousity decor item.

I might go $40, but then I'd probably immediately mod it with a USB wall wart of some sort to route permanent power to it, so I wouldn't have to drag it over to my USB hub all the time.

Neat, but even though I get the fact that it's "competitively priced" compared to other simmilar products, it still doesn't feel right  -_-

a Book That is Also a Light

Best title ever. 

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕

Looks neat, I could see this replacing a desk or bedside lamp. 

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

This is awesome...  The Lumio would make a perfect gift for the person who already has everything.  Yes it is expensive, but obviously it is exclusively for people who would appreciate it.  I have found the perfect gift for my mom on Mothers day.  Does anyone know what the word "Lumio" means, is there a translation to English that could roughly explain it?

My rig =SCOUT2= 

This is awesome...  The Lumio would make a perfect gift for the person who already has everything.  Yes it is expensive, but obviously it is exclusively for people who would appreciate it.  I have found the perfect gift for my mom on Mothers day.  Does anyone know what the word "Lumio" means, is there a translation to English that could roughly explain it?

I don't know the exact meaning of the word lumio (if it isn't a made up word) but the origin is the latin word "lumen" for light.

I know people use lights for more than just reading but I'd still rather spend $100-$120 on a Kindle Paperwhite with light included than buying this.

Definitely looks cool though. I'd probably find it more appealing if I was into a minimalist style for my room.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |