nVidia GTX TITAN Z performance leaked

Is it just me or are the performance benchmarks not much of a surprise. If the card is two titans or whatever won't it just be pretty similar to two separate titans in sli anyway

Does anyone really think that 2 GPUs with the same RAM,Core count, etc   on one card will have a surprising result. Am I the only one that gets upset when some one asks how they will believe a dual GPU card perform vs 2 cards in CX/SLI. The answer is very redundant.

They are for 4k, see the fine print.

edit- Core I7 3960X-3.3GHz, 3840x2160, with AA

really? why would you need AA on 3840x2160 resolution (24-28" screens)

example http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=860-BBCD

it has 185 PPI and you are sitting about 50 cm in front from the screen. in my opinion you do not need AA 

i had mobile phone with 4.5" screen 480x800 it had 207 PPI but pixels were invisible from normal distance for mobile use so it's my arguments :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

example http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=860-BBCD

it has 185 PPI and you are sitting about 50 cm in front from the screen. in my opinion you do not need AA 

i had mobile phone with 4.5" screen 480x800 it had 207 PPI but pixels were invisible from normal distance for mobile use so it's my arguments :)

Yes really, because that's what it says on the screenshot :)

Unless it's a lie, in which case trust nothing ever.

This card is for people who need DP, I think some of you don't understand.

Your eyes must be terrib;e of you haven't seen better screens. If you have 20/20 vision, at 1 foot you would need 600 ppi before you start not getting any benifits.

The R9 295x2 already beats two 780 Ti cards in SLI.

The Titan Z has two underclocked versions of the Titan Black GPU so it will naturally be slower than two 780 Ti cards in SLI.

Titan Z is a stillbirth, dead before it was even introduced to market.

I can't wait to see an EVGA HydroCopper card be OC'd and wreck the Radeon meltdown.

Your eyes must be terrib;e of you haven't seen better screens. If you have 20/20 vision, at 1 foot you would need 600 ppi before you start not getting any benifits.

600 PPI? man you have eyes or microscope?

you know what retina display is right? 300 PPI is limit from 12 inch to not notice any pixels. and from 50 cm 185 PPI screen does not need AA. you can not see jaggies (as linus said)

those that do backups

600 PPI? man you have eyes or microscope?

you know what retina display is right? 300 PPI is limit from 12 inch to not notice any pixels. and from 50 cm 185 PPI screen does not need AA. you can not see jaggies (as linus said)

"Retina" is marketing dribble for a really high pixel density for the time. It's 600, that is a scientific fact, there is no disputing it.

Did they delay it so the performance is faster than the new amd r9 295x2 card?

i will say...yea (i think)  ^_^

and they are not even sure... of bring this new Z to the market right now... at this point (i guess)  :ph34r:

the water block on the R9 295X2 was a killer move from AMD (for the green side)  B)

NVidia really made a mistake with this card I think. The price tag is the nail in the coffin, I get that R&D costs and a larger margin because they will sell fewer contribute to the price but when AMD can bring the same or better performance (in games at least) with what looks to be better cooling and probably better noise levels, what's the obvious choice unless you really want some NVidia features? I understand that it isn't angled towards consumers but even on the pro level, spending the same money on 2 295x2s and using OpenCL over CUDA has to be tempting.

"Retina" is marketing dribble for a really high pixel density for the time. It's 600, that is a scientific fact, there is no disputing it.

you are not right my friend. so you say on galaxy s4 (441 PPI) you can see pixel? LOL

even on 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density) it is almost imposible to see pixel with only eye about 12 inch away from the screen 

those that do backups

NVidia really made a mistake with this card I think. The price tag is the nail in the coffin, I get that R&D costs and a larger margin because they will sell fewer contribute to the price but when AMD can bring the same or better performance (in games at least) with what looks to be better cooling and probably better noise levels, what's the obvious choice unless you really want some NVidia features? I understand that it isn't angled towards consumers but even on the pro level, spending the same money on 2 295x2s and using OpenCL over CUDA has to be tempting.

Hmm. I don't think they made a mistake. People (some enthusiasts & those who both like work in 3d & at the same time play games) still gonna buy it. Remember, Titan's & HD 7990 price? 7990 was way cheaper, but people still prefer Titan, cause it's Nvidia.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Hmm. I don't think they made a mistake. People (some enthusiasts & those who both like work in 3d & at the same time play games) still gonna buy it. Remember, Titan's & HD 7990 price? 7990 was way cheaper, but people still prefer Titan, cause it's Nvidia.

I can see the point of buying this card for cuda applications, companies can afford it. But i don't think normal consumers can justify themselves a 3K$ card for gaming, especially when the 295X2 is a better value.

I can see the point of buying this card for cuda applications, companies can afford it. But i don't think normal consumers can justify themselves a 3K$ card for gaming, especially when the 295X2 is a better value.

Agree with you.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

The R9 295x2 already beats two 780 Ti cards in SLI.

Not if you look at Tom's Hardware and AnandTech benchmarks. Between the two sites, the 295x2 does better in only about half the benchmarked games. I have no idea why anybody would want to go to Forbes as their go-to for benchmarks...

Don't get me wrong, I think the Titan Z is kinda silly, but I'm just sayin'...

Let me translate it.

Slide 1 (starting from the top)

Traditional dual GPU

Fixed TDP/Dynamic frequency

50% TDP

50% TDP

Frequency: 850Mhz

Bottleneck

Frequency: 950Mhz

Slide 2

Massive fast memory

12GB memory

768-Bit/7Gbps

Slide 3

Extreme cooling

Huge axial(?) fan

Slide 4

Titan Z

Dynamic load balancing/Equal frequency

Dynamic load balancing

Frequency: 900Mhz

Frequency: 900Mhz

Optimize performance

Slide 5

Game at 4K smoothly

Test platform: Core i7-3960X 3.3Ghz, 3840*2160 with AA, high quality

Slide 6

CUDA cores

Base clock

Boost clock

Single precision performance

Double precision performance

Memory capacity

Memory speed

Supplementary power connectors

TDP

Display connectors

Bus support

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

you are not right my friend. so you say on galaxy s4 (441 PPI) you can see pixel? LOL

even on 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density) it is almost imposible to see pixel with only eye about 12 inch away from the screen 

I'm not right.... really? They teach this stuff to Optical Engineers.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7743/the-pixel-density-race-and-its-technical-merits

It's not about being able to see pixels and you can, There is so much more to it just than that.

I am utterly astonished at the community acting so ignorant to change, especially on Linus Tech Tips.  Nvidia has been dominating for so long, the time has finally come for a failure and what do the people say? "It's a fluke."   

BUUULLLLLLLLL

Amd finally stuck nvidia with the sharp end, for the first time in years, a superior product for a MUCH cheaper price. 

We can agree on: 

1. Geforce branded card = Gaming (Plastered all over nvidia website.

2. Double precision = Average

3. Workstation verified? = Hardly, you are better off with a Quadro/firepro

Reality: Once in a while the competition gets the best of you...

Get ovvvvveerrrr ittttttttttttttttttt!

Power comsumption on this? :D

crafted personality!

Dumbest card introduced for a while.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Well this just confirms my puny 780 Classified isn't enough for 4k. 

This is the only time that i found Chinese is useful in reading a graphics card review.

I think there are a lot people including the reviewers linked here forgot that the Titan Z isn't supposed to be a gaming card.... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?