nVidia GTX TITAN Z performance leaked

I think there are a lot people including the reviewers linked here forgot that the Titan Z isn't supposed to be a gaming card.... 

Sorry, but that's a big negative ghost-rider!

Refer to my previous post.

Oh what, THATS OUR BOLT II!

Even some of the snobbiest in the PC community have used your benchmarks, feel proud!

Sorry, but that's a big negative ghost-rider!

Refer to my previous post.

Even some of the snobbiest in the PC community have used your benchmarks, feel proud!

So are going to pay $3000 for geforce card? Do you know of anyone who will? Is there any advantage fps performance advantage to titan Z that is worth an extra $1000 over 2x titan BLACK or 1500 over dual r9 290x's? There is absolutely no real reason for gamer to buy this card. If anyone posts on here a build with a titan Z and 4670k/4770k equivalent I will make a specific off topic thread specifically for such builds. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Gaming benchmarks for a business card? I highly doubt the titan-Z would be worth it with the 800 series coming out soon. I'm sure 2 SLI-880s would be cheaper and easier to cool than a titan Z. Not to mention better performance in games. Once again this is a product that would not be of any use to consumers, mainly just crazy enthusiasts. 4K gaming is going to get a lot better real quick if you have the patience for it. Just think of how easy it would be to run triple 1920x1080 screens now on max settings. ^_^

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

Gaming benchmarks for a business card? I highly doubt the titan-Z would be worth it with the 800 series coming out soon. I'm sure 2 SLI-880s would be cheaper and easier to cool than a titan Z. Not to mention better performance in games. Once again this is a product that would not be of any use to consumers, mainly just crazy enthusiasts. 4K gaming is going to get a lot better real quick if you have the patience for it. Just think of how easy it would be to run triple 1920x1080 screens now on max settings. ^_^

oh shit, i completely forgot 800 line  :o

what is this means, the Z release for the 800 line ?

is the 800 line release will delay... for this ?

2015 ? (more ?)

Don't think we're quite ready for 4K gaming just yet. I think I'll be interested when we've got single core GPU's that can handle it 

Can B-Roll or Edzil translate this? I'm lost in the chart.

P.S. I just took a guess on how to spell their names. It's morning and I'm in a hurry :)

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

I couldn't agree more. This card for mini-itx board and case would make a beast of a gaming PC, I'm sure someone will do that before too long, i know I would. Yeah I guess its really what application you'll be using your system for.

The card is actually more useful for GPU compute applications and CUDA developers, since it has unlocked double precision capabilities. A dev can swap their existing Titan for one of these and get a good increase in compute density (won't be exactly double, a little bit less).

You could certainly buy this as a gaming card, but it'd be a silly purchase.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

For everyone saying MINI ITX... its a triple slot card according the pics. Have fun fitting that.

Which is why I wonder why would a "professional" buy this instead of 2 Titan Blacks, is there a benefit to it? I'm actually curious, not sarcasm. Since you work with workstations too that got me thinking.

Which is why I wonder why would a "professional" buy this instead of 2 Titan Blacks, is there a benefit to it? I'm actually curious, not sarcasm. Since you work with workstations too that got me thinking.

Density. Compute power per PCI-E slot is much higher with a multi-gpu solution

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

2 Titan Black = 4 slots this = 3 slots.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

2 Titan Black = 4 slots this = 3 slots.

What "enthusiast" would not have 4 slots to spare. How many other things do you need.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

What "enthusiast" would not have 4 slots to spare. How many other things do you need.

Sound card, raid card, PCIE SSD. Compute cards.

Sound card, raid card, PCIE SSD. Compute cards.

I am a dumb shit when it comes to enthusiast shit...

But, a mid range case, like a 750D say has 9 slots...

4 for GPU's

1 For sound

1 for Raid

1 for SSD

2 For Compute cards

So basically for people with loads of SSD's who don't want a huge case.

Only problem would be the motherboard wouldn't it?

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I see builds on a daily basis where they have 4x GTX Titan blacks that take up all the space. Have two Titan Z in stead free up 2 more slots for a sound card or anything else the person might fancy.

People really need to stop complaining about this card. It's a reference card first of all, second of all it's not meant to be sold as a gaming card. Same as the Titan was not meant to be sold as a gaming card. Wait for a non reference card to be released with normal or higher clocks and then look at performance numbers.

I get it's for professional use, but if you're a pro, surely you would get a Quadro for $3000 rather than some GeForce card...

People really need to stop complaining about this card. It's a reference card first of all, second of all it's not meant to be sold as a gaming card. Same as the Titan was not meant to be sold as a gaming card. Wait for a non reference card to be released with normal or higher clocks and then look at performance numbers.

I understand bro, however the doubts and people arguing about it won't stop. Because no matter what you, or a "developer" or anyone else says, or even how technical the explanation may be. Nvidia does sell it as a "gaming" card, maybe just a marketing move to sell it more? The thing is they do sell it a s a gaming card primarily, or they words "extreme gaming". I know these cards has potential for those that actually need it, I will not deny that. The Titans are cuda monsters.

Just in case, I'm not discussing who needs the Titans or who doesn't, and I'm not trying to get technical with it... want to blame someone for the "confusion"? Blame Nvidia itself, don't blame anyone else bro...

Let's keep it simple, Nvidia says gaming card, but it's more than that for a "professional".

I understand bro, however the doubts and people arguing about it won't stop. Because no matter what you, or a "developer" or anyone else says, or even how technical the explanation may be. Nvidia does sell it as a "gaming" card, maybe just a marketing move to sell it more? The thing is they do sell it a s a gaming card primarily, or they words "extreme gaming". I know these cards has potential for those that actually need it, I will not deny that. The Titans are cuda monsters.

Just in case, I'm not discussing who needs the Titans or who doesn't, and I'm not trying to get technical with it... want to blame someone for the "confusion"? Blame Nvidia itself, don't blame anyone else bro...

Let's keep it simple, Nvidia says gaming card, but it's more than that for a "professional".

Nvidia doesn't cause any confusion themselves. They'll market it as a gaming card because those that it is meant for (developers) already know what they want. So fuck if, market it for gamers anyways.

Nvidia doesn't cause any confusion themselves. They'll market it as a gaming card because those that it is meant for (developers) already know what they want. So fuck if, market it for gamers anyways.

I know bro yeah, companies write all kind of stuff to sell lol

For everyone saying MINI ITX... its a triple slot card according the pics. Have fun fitting that.

Water block and mod the bracket?

Water block and mod the bracket?

A lot of work, but sure. have fun voiding the warranty on a $3k card :)

A lot of work, but sure. have fun voiding the warranty on a $3k card :)

Sounds like a challenge.