nVidia GTX TITAN Z performance leaked

VideoCardz showed the first numbers of the upcoming GTX Titan Z from nVidia. The slides come from the Galaxy AIB, and some are in Chinese with numbers and other information showed clear.

http://videocardz.com/50408/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-z-first-performance-figures-leak

post-70274-0-33519400-1398848984.jpg

post-70274-0-67533700-1398848985.jpg

post-70274-0-62761800-1398848986.jpg

post-70274-0-79407100-1398848987.jpg

post-70274-0-09490700-1398848989.jpg

post-70274-0-02979300-1398849019.png

post-70274-0-79900700-1398849020.jpg

Occasionally roaming in YouTube and exhibitions like Computex. 8Bitz.gr.

Unless these benchmarks are 4k or more, they're quite puny...

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

They are for 4k, see the fine print.

edit- Core I7 3960X-3.3GHz, 3840x2160, with AA

Yes they are in 4K my fellow LinusTechTips member. Though I don't find the results overwhelming, but I am guessing this is purely due to driver inhabitants. This is always the case with a new GPU and especially one such as this.

The results aren't overwhelming as we're used to seeing 1080p as the standard.  Even 1440p and 1600p don't crop up that regularly - thankfully more recently than previously.

If we'd been benching 580's and 680's at 1080p+ we'd be more adjusted to seeing <60fps.

Maxwell better be something special because the tech is outpacing our gpu's.  Especially now that 4K appears to be relatively cheap.

Is it just me or are the performance benchmarks not much of a surprise. If the card is two titans or whatever won't it just be pretty similar to two separate titans in sli anyway

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I think the idea is that it should be two fully unleashed Titans working together in beautiful, nerdy harmony.  As opposed to two Titans in SLI that would only be about 70% of the performance effectively.

The Titan-Z in theory should beat two SLI Titans every time.

I think...

well not for another 6 months we wont see this card. im just assuming btw

Yes for sure. A single GTX Titan should be getting atleast 60+FPS at 4K I would think, AA is enabled however.

A single Titan Black isn't even close enough for 4k, with or without AA.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I think the idea is that it should be two fully unleashed Titans working together in beautiful, nerdy harmony.  As opposed to two Titans in SLI that would only be about 70% of the performance effectively.

The Titan-Z in theory should beat two SLI Titans every time.

I think...

Do remember that they are running at a significantly slower Base Clock and Boost Clock than regular Titan Blacks

Doesn't say how much AA was applied and what driver was used. Nonetheless I see the same voltage controllers as on the reference 780Ti and Titan Black so this is also voltage locked. Asus had also released specs on the card before they pulled it down but TPA has it for anyone interested. Needless to say, the clocks are very moderate.

Do remember that they are running at a significantly slower Base Clock and Boost Clock than regular Titan Blacks

I did not know this!  Thanks for pointing that out.

A single Titan Black isn't even close enough for 4k, with or without AA.

Agreed. Don't know why some people think the Titan Black is some mythical performance beast - it performs marginally better than a 780 Ti or a 290X

Yes for sure. A single GTX Titan should be getting atleast 60+FPS at 4K I would think, AA is enabled however. I should hope Maxwell is a powerful as promised. Companies that produce monitors work hand in hand with those that produce GPU's, otherwise either of those institutions wouldn't be successful in the consumer market.  

I think Andrew performance is purely being held back by driver limitations. What do you think? Id imagine the performance is slightly below that of 2 titans in SLi, this is usually the case with single PCB due GPU solutions. I hope I am incorrect in this though, I'd like to see people get their $3000 worth.

yeah i'd imagine it would be a few fps behind 2 stand alone cards. And then overclocking and cooling the gap would increase. To me this card is incredibly pointless unless you have so much money and a certain purpose whilst using a small case which can't support multi gpu setups. But then again like if you are dumping that much money into a system why aren't you watercooling it or running like a 2011 atx mobo. Idk thats my opinion

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

I could see it being used in some fancy Steam-type boxes if it can keep the noise down, or if someone custom engineers a silent/backplated solution...

But I agree, when you get to those kinds of costs you may as well have your beast in a different room and invest in something efficient enough to stream the data.  Far more elegant of a solution.

The R9 295x2 already beats two 780 Ti cards in SLI.
The Titan Z has two underclocked versions of the Titan Black GPU so it will naturally be slower than two 780 Ti cards in SLI.
Titan Z is a stillbirth, dead before it was even introduced to market.

1440p-gaming-benchmarks-295x2.png

The R9 295x2 already beats two 780 Ti cards in SLI.

The Titan Z has two underclocked versions of the Titan Black GPU so it will naturally be slower than two 780 Ti cards in SLI.

Titan Z is a stillbirth, dead before it was even introduced to market.

1440p-gaming-benchmarks-295x2.png

That's gotta sting for all those nVidia endorsed "The way it's meant to be played" titles.

What is wrong with people?Look at the source article,then scroll down at comments.

The Titan Z, remembering me with this Titty Z...for $3000 what'd you prefer, this Titty till ZzzzzZ or Titan Z???

+tits picture

Lol...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

One plus ozone and fuuuuu thrrreeeeeeeeeee

is more like performance is "leaking" away LOL, so u got a certain amount of time before it runs out LOL

Thats what i first though when i saw the top,,,  :D

PC Gaming forever...

They are for 4k, see the fine print.

edit- Core I7 3960X-3.3GHz, 3840x2160, with AA

Yarrrr,

They be saying 3840x2160 me matey

Yes they are in 4K my fellow LinusTechTips member. Though I don't find the results overwhelming, but I am guessing this is purely due to driver inhabitants. This is always the case with a new GPU and especially one such as this.

Ya sry I just saw it, was on my phone at class, couldn't really tell :D

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

That's gotta sting for all those nVidia endorsed "The way it's meant to be played" titles.

Even though the 295x2 beats 780 Ti's in SLI I have the feeling that the 780 Ti in SLI is probably going to be more popular than the 295x2.