Titan Z, postponed, looks like this "titan fell" to the 295

brownninja97

titan-z-3-slot-bracket-new-762x620.jpg

So rumors have been going around that the 295 is pooing all over the titan, by that its like 2-3 fps but you know how people are, they are like me, thats a bad habit, dont be like me.

This is due to the superior cooling of the 295, the two gpus in that card are clocked 300mhz higher, you might notice that the cooler above is the a triple slot, they tried to increase the heatsinks in order to raise the clocks, they are probably gona overhaul so that it can beat the 295.

GEFORCE-GTX-TITAN-Z-3.jpg

Nvidia have said(no ask where, its not said where) that it will not hit the markets in april, no new date has been added so im assuming that half life 3 will come out first.

Well enjoy the new pictures of the card, i think it looks fat, too many cream cakes, BAD TITAN.

TITAN-Z.jpg

http://videocardz.com/50349/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-z-launch-postponed

I told you, no one listened to me, wait for the titan brown, then you will be in true awe

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Comparing an AIO and a single fan cooler is an unfair comparison. 

precisly but nvidia dont seem to like that

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Titan Z: $3000

R9 295x2: $1500

It is fair. xD

i guess the logical thing to do is to buy R9 295x2x2 get it ahahahaha

Listen if you care.

Titan Z: $3000

R9 295x2: $1500

It is fair. xD

You are comparing a card with 8GB of vRAM to a card with 12GB.

You are comparing a card that double floating precision accuracy to one that doesn't.

You are comparing a CUDA monster opposed to a OpenCL monster (but who uses OpenCL anyway?)

Does all that justify the high cost of the Titan Z? Probably not. BUT it does help to justify it. 

Titan Z is a computing monster, R9 295x2 is a gaming monster.

Comparing an AIO and a single fan cooler is an unfair comparison. 

How do we know Nvidia won't come out with a revision of the Titan Z with an AIO water cooler. But instead it had the same aesthetic as the stock coolers. I think that would be a win for Nvidia if the pricing was right. $3000 is far too expensive for a duel GPU card that should cost £2000. If Nvidia had just taken 2 780Ti's and made a duel GPU card with that and charged £1500 for it I would have been happy. Although the Titan Z wasn't a card made for gaming in the first place so maybe Nvidia was planning on coming out with a duel GPU 780Ti from the start.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You are comparing a card that double floating precision accuracy to one that doesn't.

You are comparing a CUDA monster opposed to a OpenCL monster (but who uses OpenCL anyway?)

Does all that justify the high cost of the Titan Z? Probably not. BUT it does help to justify it. 

try using maya with cuda

i dare ya

i double dare ya

Listen if you care.

I was justifying the comparing an AIO with a air cooler :P. Yes I understand, the Titan Z is a better card than the r9 295x2, especially for high resolution gaming. It's still a ridiculous price point though, you can't even justify it A BIT :P.

Do you DoubleY dare me? 

Kappa.gif

your kappa skills are no match, also im pretty sure 99% of mac users use opencl, opencl does have uses.

Listen if you care.

I was justifying the comparing an AIO with a air cooler :P. Yes I understand, the Titan Z is a better card than the r9 295x2, especially for high resolution gaming. It's still a ridiculous price point though, you can't even justify it A BIT :P.

I bet if the Titan Z was at a normal clock speed (opposed to the turned down one they have) they'd perform exactly the same. No GAME can even use 6GB (per card) of vRAM unless you're playing at 6K or 8K

Titan Z is still stupidly high priced, I would agree. 

No GAME can even use 6GB (per card) of vRAM unless you're playing at 6K or 8K

Multi Monitor 1440p or multi monitor 4k is what I'm talking about ;P, not a single 8k display.

I really don't even know why I bother to comment on Titan Z related posts anymore.  EVERYONE LISTEN UP: THE TITAN Z IS NOT PRIMARILY A GAMING CARD FOR CONSUMERS!! THEREFORE IT SHOULD NOT BE COMPARED TO THE 295 IN TERMS OF PRICE:PERFORMANCE. Thank you.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I really don't even know why I bother to comment on Titan Z related posts anymore.  EVERYONE LISTEN UP: THE TITAN Z IS NOT PRIMARILY A GAMING CARD FOR CONSUMERS!! THEREFORE IT SHOULD NOT BE COMPARED TO THE 295 IN TERMS OF PRICE:PERFORMANCE. Thank you.

the irony

Listen if you care.

The Titan Z isn't even supposed to compete with the 295...Nvidia needs to release the 790 for that.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Don't go there brother... not another thread of people "explaining" why Nvidia itself call the Titans gaming cards... :rolleyes:

From Nvidia

"Introducing GeForce® GTX™ TITAN Black.

TITAN Black is a masterpiece of design and engineering. Evolved from the award-winning GTX TITAN, the Black edition gives you the added horsepower to drive your most graphics-intensive games while still maintaining whisper-quiet acoustics and cool thermals."

http://www.nvidia.com/gtx-700-graphics-cards/gtx-titan-black/

From EVGA

"This is the elite gaming GPU for gamers who demand the ultimate pure gaming experience - the perfect balance of sleek design, spectacular performance, and groundbreaking technologies. Ideal to power the most extreme games out there, as well as 4K and multiple monitor setups at 2500x1600, with high-speed double precision and 6 GB of frame buffer memory. The GTX TITAN Black is the ultimate graphics cards for 3D Surround and multiple monitor gaming performance, especially with the latest high-resolution monitors where video memory is a major factor."

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-3790-KR

I hope that with this we're done discussing that matter... :rolleyes:

Don't go there brother... not another thread of people "explaining" why Nvidia itself call the Titans gaming cards... :rolleyes:

well the corporate guys dont give two shits about what its branded, by calling it a gaming card nvidia could snatch up just that extra bit of money from the people that some how justified buying the card.

Listen if you care.

Don't worry I won't be arguing with anyone over it this time :P  just thought I'd slap that statement on the thread.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

try using maya with cuda

i dare ya

i double dare ya

Use Blender(Cycles) without using CUDA.

I dare ya.

You won't have a life while it's rendering ;_;

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Use Blender(Cycles) without using CUDA.

I dare ya.

You won't have a life while it's rendering ;_;

use windows without a processor

I dare ya.

Listen if you care.

This is a professional card that can also game not a gaming card.
It's a dual TITAN Black and the TITAN Black doesn't compete with the R9-290X in the first place.
A GTX790 with dual GTX780 TI would be a different story.

RTX2070OC