Edit on girl problems

WisdomTurtle

This is a tech forum, you'd have better luck getting an answer screaming this question at the wall of your local Wendy's.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I was the same when I was young. Honestly, just ask her if she'll go with you. If not just shrug it off and ask someone else. If it's meant to be it will.

40 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

This is a tech forum, you'd have better luck getting an answer screaming this question at the wall of your local Wendy's.

He’d probably have better luck screaming at the girl from across the parking lot.

1 hour ago, WisdomTurtle said:

So I'm a freshmen in high school (i know that's young) and there's this girl I really like and I wanted to ask her to homecoming, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW, I don't want to have to do that cheesy poster, so just give me ideas or advice on what to do. 

My suggestion would be if you know her and talk to her already, maybe you can find a way to turn the conversation to that topic and ask her. if you don’t know her, just ask.

I’m far from and expert, but I don’t think there’s a right way.

plenty of wrong ways I’m sure.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

The obvious answer is "just ask her". But how well do you know this girl and how well does she know you?

Are you actually acquainted at all or is she just someone you have admitted from afar but never really talked to?

If she's part of your friend group or you're in a class together just pull her aside one day and ask her. Not "Hey, go out with me" just specifically ask her to go to homecoming with you.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

TBH, I don't think there's any way to ask a girl out that's universal. For example, I met my fiance at a Transformers toy convention. I was wearing Norwegian curling pants, had hair down to my shoulders, a massive beard, and I was walking by her at the bar after the show closed for the day and heard her say something like, "I just want to be friends with him." So I just walked right up next to her, looked her square in the eye and said, "So what you're saying is, you're available." Then I disappeared to Iceland for a month and then New Zealand for another three months. We've been together now for 9 years. It could easily have gone very differently with me ending up pepper sprayed and with a black eye.

So I'd just be up front about it, ask away, and if she says "no" then you'll always have the rests of us forever-alone types here on the internet. Don't beat around the bush; be direct so there's no room for misunderstanding (made that mistake way too many times myself)

thisisawendys.jpg

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

7 hours ago, WisdomTurtle said:

So I'm a freshmen in high school (i know that's young) and there's this girl I really like and I wanted to ask her to homecoming, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW, I don't want to have to do that cheesy poster, so just give me ideas or advice on what to do. 

It's the approach.

First, try not to straight ask her... "would you go to Homecoming with me?" 

Phrase it:

I'd like to take you to Homecoming, what kind of flower do you like?

You can change that to anything.

What time should I pick you up? Do your friends want to ride in the limo with us? 

Can even change the beginning, Since we are going to homecoming together, would a Limo be ok? 

----

Young man must understand a simple thing in life about (most females) 

A women's challenge in life is material.

A man's challenge in life is the woman. 

Not saying this is the correct approach, but at least an alternative to "Just ask her"....

Good Luck young blood! 

5 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

It's the approach.

First, try not to straight ask her... "would you go to Homecoming with me?" 

Phrase it:

You can change that to anything.

What time should I pick you up? Do your friends want to ride in the limo with us? 

Can even change the beginning, Since we are going to homecoming together, would a Limo be ok? 

----

Young man must understand a simple thing in life about (most females) 

A women's challenge in life is material.

A man's challenge in life is the woman. 

Not saying this is the correct approach, but at least an alternative to "Just ask her"....

Good Luck young blood! 

Honestly this is awful advice and is just going to come across as arrogant.

Also freshman in highschool is what, 13-14? They're not going to be hiring a limo for a school dance and if they are that's just a stupid waste of money. 

Just ask her if she'd go to the homecoming with you. Everybody in your grade is probably thinking about who they're going to the dance with so it's safe to assume she's already chosen who she wants to go with, if she's planning on attending at all. Assuming she knows you exist she would already have formed an opinion of you and already decided if she'd be willing to go with you or not. Trying to use pickup lines, following sleazy guides on how to pick up women, or just coming across as an arrogant jerk is only going to hurt your chances.

You should also consider that inviting the girl to the school dance might not be the play. In my experience it's usually couples who are already dating who attend together, and then single people going with their friend group. Even if this girl likes you she might not be confident having the first date be the very public school dance. School homecoming dance seems like it's a lot more pressure as a date. Maybe try asking her out on a normal date first like going to the movies or whatever. If she isn't interested in that then she probably wouldn't be interested in going to homecoming with you either.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Honestly this is awful advice and is just going to come across as arrogant.

Also freshman in highschool is what, 13-14? They're not going to be hiring a limo for a school dance and if they are that's just a stupid waste of money. 

Just ask her if she'd go to the homecoming with you. Everybody in your grade is probably thinking about who they're going to the dance with so it's safe to assume she's already chosen who she wants to go with, if she's planning on attending at all. Assuming she knows you exist she would already have formed an opinion of you and already decided if she'd be willing to go with you or not. Trying to use pickup lines, following sleazy guides on how to pick up women, or just coming across as an arrogant jerk is only going to hurt your chances.

You should also consider that inviting the girl to the school dance might not be the play. In my experience it's usually couples who are already dating who attend together, and then single people going with their friend group. Even if this girl likes you she might not be confident having the first date be the very public school dance. School homecoming dance seems like it's a lot more pressure as a date. Maybe try asking her out on a normal date first like going to the movies or whatever. If she isn't interested in that then she probably wouldn't be interested in going to homecoming with you either.

I admitted it may not be the best advice.

But you took the time to quote me and call me arrogant? Thanks? And a jerk too? Thanks? 

Nonchalant, bead around the bush, however you'd want to say it... don't call me names. It's against your own forum policy in fact.

3 minutes ago, Guest 5150 said:

I admitted it may not be the best advice.

But you took the time to quote me and call me arrogant? Thanks? And a jerk too? Thanks? 

Nonchalant, bead around the bush, however you'd want to say it... don't call me names. It's against your own forum policy in fact.

I'm not calling you arrogant or a jerk. I'm saying that walking up to a woman and saying "You're going out with me. What are you going to wear?" is arrogant and isn't good advice for a high school student asking a girl he likes to the school dance. Don't try to play the victim just because somebody said your advice was bad and you have no other response.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Nah screw all that man, I went to homecoming with the boys when I was still in higschool. It’s basically 6 hours in the parking lot eating pizza and harassing people with paintball slingshots, since they said we couldn’t bring paintball guns.

45 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm not calling you arrogant or a jerk. I'm saying that walking up to a woman and saying "You're going out with me. What are you going to wear?" is arrogant and isn't good advice for a high school student asking a girl he likes to the school dance. Don't try to play the victim just because somebody said your advice was bad and you have no other response.

I didn't word it like that at all. 

Said, 

"I'd like to take you to homecoming...."

And I'm an arrogant jerk for that?

I can see why this forum is becoming less popular. Big names deleting their accounts and shit...

Don't bother quoting me again, I won't be responding to this thread here out.

just ask

we are not out of stock of people, you can just go into the streets and you probably can find a look alike 

in case you don't have luck

10 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

This is specifically what you said. The first part is fine - the second part implies they're going to say yes. Which, can be a bit forceful.

This is even worse - this is just outright telling the girl she's going. That's generally not well received.

Since we are going to homecoming together, would a Limo be ok? 

If you ask this after you ask her and she says yes, it's okay. But if you just use this as your opener, that's... definitely a bit much.

Arrogant sounds about right. Jerk? Depends on your tone mostly, but can definitely come across as a jerk.

Now, let's be clear. I'm not calling you arrogant or a jerk. I'm saying your advice would cause the OP to be arrogant, and perhaps a jerk. Your advice, frankly, is bad. It's the kind of advice that a Hulking Overly Attractive Douchebag Jock in a Teen Movie would follow.

Maybe some girls would fall for it, or find it funny. Most would probably find you creepy for saying stuff like that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Lol I thought homecoming was a spider man movie.

Just ask her if there is not someone that she is supposed to go with she will 90% say yes.

don't pussyfoot around the issue, just walk up to her and ask if she wants to go to homecoming with you. Also if she is always with a group of friends sometimes its nearly impossible to get her alone to ask so you're just gonna have to nut up and ask her while the friends are around. Worst case is she says no and you move on and ask someone else.

I've been rejected more times than i can possibly count but I've also gotten a crapton of dates, its the law of averages and ya win some ya lose some. Remember you get the courage after you do the thing you're afraid of doing not before.

6 hours ago, Wictorian said:

Lol I thought homecoming was a spider man movie.

Just ask her if there is not someone that she is supposed to go with she will 90% say yes.

I thought this was a thread about Silent Hill ....

6 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

I thought this was a thread about Silent Hill ....

I think Silent Hill is about Slender Man

step 1 - study every comment in this thread
step 2 - google search it and research there
step 3 - rehearse, practise, repeat twice hourly
step 4 - completely forget the above 3 steps, make a mess of yourself, and either have a date or be laughed at.

just send it bro. she either understands or wasnt interested in the first place, and if its the former, you got a winner.,

14 hours ago, Caroline said:

I'd date the guy who walks up to me and talks straight like that.

Alternate ending: he has a smartphone so I punch him in the face and leave in an overly dramatic way in front of everyone else.

I can't help but like the alternate ending here..... 🤣
U go girl!!!

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

• 3 weeks later...