Project Farm Ratcheting screwdriver review with LTT screwdriver

PeachyUwUSenpai
15 minutes ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny they are just the work of a power grip over torque.

I cannot wait for shills like you fine tune the torque with your inferior screwdrivers. 
Again, I have no doubt people can feel the torque with a power grip since they have screwed 100,000x more sensitive components. 

Shill? I would argue the same points with zero regards for brand. Its insane that we have to repeat this point so often that if you actually ever need to be that precise with torque, which you NEVER have to in a consumer pc situation, you use a torque screwdriver, as in one with a clutch that slips. As in, your point is moot.

A precision screwdriver is not about torque, I have no idea where you got this idea. I have no idea what you mean by superior screwdrivers. 

You know, watch makers dont use torque screwdrivers either, its crazy what the hand can fell in terms of pressure, even slight. 

9 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Shill? I would argue the same points with zero regards for brand. Its insane that we have to repeat this point so often that if you actually ever need to be that precise with torque, which you NEVER have to in a consumer pc situation, you use a torque screwdriver, as in one with a clutch that slips. As in, your point is moot.

A precision screwdriver is not about torque, I have no idea where you got this idea. I have no idea what you mean by superior screwdrivers. 

You know, watch makers dont use torque screwdrivers either, its crazy what the hand can fell in terms of pressure, even slight. 

Funny you like to derail the topic about the precision screwdrivers using Ph00. It's a different category. 
A 30mm power-grip screwdriver is a much inferior tool that over torque easily. 

dxwco6ek1ld91.jpg

I still find it amusing you shot your foot by sending these Gamer Nexus footages.  

Again, I have no doubt people can feel the torque with a power grip since they have screwed 100,000x more sensitive components.  

9 minutes ago, that_dude said:

Wait for the car guy telling you there is torque + angle specification. Also screws aren't reusable (depends on details).

If you refer to the small  screwdrivers like the Wiha pico finish they are handy because they are small. They aren't about torque at all.

Except that they are expensive. Upfront cost is $50-100 followed up by the $30 calibration after 1 year or 1000 screws/uses.

Btw. 0 to 1Nm is a shitty range. 0.1-0.6 Nm is the standard found on a lot of torque driver.

Notebooks have 0.2nm on most screws while 0.5nm for PC CPU cooler are the upper end. Making 0.1 to 6nm the perfect match for the enthusiast.

The next torque range would be 0.5-2nm. This would fit server CPU sockets/CPUs like epic which are around 1.5nm.

That's why there are more than two sets of torque screwdrivers for different ranges and how unfitted 30mm power-grip is. 

35 minutes ago, that_dude said:

Wait for the car guy telling you there is torque + angle specification. Also screws aren't reusable (depends on details).

We're too busy laughing at people debating the torque on sub 6mm screws.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

28 minutes ago, vetali said:

We're too busy laughing at people debating the torque on sub 6mm screws.

Good luck screwing your PC like a car. 

9 minutes ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Good luck screwing your PC like a car. 

15 years, must have great luck.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

On 9/10/2022 at 4:48 PM, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny there is actual torque screwdrivers made when dealing with your" 100,000" x more sensitive electronics or whatever,

Funny you can't actually address anyone's points other than a very weak "Funny..." you are using one of the worst ratcheting drivers on the market and have the gall to act like you know what ALL ratcheting drivers can do. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and just want to be a contrarian. Yes maybe for some people precision drivers and torque drivers will always be better. But believe it or not there are MANY people who can and do use well calibrated ratchet drivers for precision work. Just not you.

4 hours ago, MeidoShinshi said:

Funny you can't actually address anyone's points other than a very weak "Funny..." you are using one of the worst ratcheting drivers on the market and have the gall to act like you know what ALL ratcheting drivers can do. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and just want to be a contrarian. Yes maybe for some people precision drivers and torque drivers will always be better. But believe it or not there are MANY people who can and do use well calibrated ratchet drivers for precision work. Just not you.

Funny it is you who can't address anymore points by derailing the topic to ratchet mechanism. The tools I have are more than you think. There are specific tools for specific jobs. 

Obviously You don't even have a set of torque screwdrivers. The all-in-one you have, you hyped, you defended like this LTT screwdriver is usually the worst. 

What a prefect engineering solution to solve the torque by adding a ratchet mechanism lol. 

Again, I have no doubt you can feel the torque with a power grip since you have screwed 100,000x more sensitive components. What's more, a rachet magically makes you screw 0.5Nm better lol.

1 hour ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny it is you who can't address anymore points by derailing the topic to ratchet mechanism. The tools I have are more than you think. There are specific tools for specific jobs. 

Obviously You don't even have a set of torque screwdrivers. The all-in-one you have, you hyped, you defended like this LTT screwdriver is usually the worst. 

What a prefect engineering solution to solve the torque by adding a ratchet mechanism lol. 

Again, I have no doubt you can feel the torque with a power grip since you have screwed 100,000x more sensitive components. What's more, a rachet magically makes you screw 0.5Nm better lol.

Dude I stopped reading your posts halfway through... Can you stop talking shit?

If you are worried about screwing in a screw too hard in a PC, then the problem is you.

I'm guessing you write warranty and safety use for loads of products, where you write in such specific detail what is and isn't allowed, so that if someone did even something slightly beyond what you've written down, you can dismiss their claims for improper use. Moved the toaster by 1mm once in it's lifetime? Well guess what missy, you are responsible for breaking it!!!

6 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Dude I stopped reading your posts halfway through... Can you stop talking shit?

If you are worried about screwing in a screw too hard in a PC, then the problem is you.

I'm guessing you write warranty and safety use for loads of products, where you write in such specific detail what is and isn't allowed, so that if someone did even something slightly beyond what you've written down, you can dismiss their claims for improper use. Moved the toaster by 1mm once in it's lifetime? Well guess what missy, you are responsible for breaking it!!!

I cannot wait for people defending a product that is not designed for PC components in the very first place lol. You have been always over torque all the time. High performance modification such ILM, water blocks and other assembling are always sensitive too these marginal details. It's fine you always over torque. I just point it out it's a high-torque screwdriver that's not designed for screws under 1Nm, which is 99% cases on your PC.

6 hours ago, MonitorFlicker said:

I cannot wait for people defending a product that is not designed for PC components in the very first place lol. You have been always over torque all the time. High performance modification such ILM, water blocks and other assembling are always sensitive too these marginal details. It's fine you always over torque. I just point it out it's a high-torque screwdriver that's not designed for screws under 1Nm, which is 99% cases on your PC.

I'm glad that you know that I over torque things. I hate it when people don't say this stuff about me. Sure I get it, it's a risky assumption, because I could also screw it in too loosely or just right. But darn do I love it when people make a wild assumption instead of being a pussy about it and not say anything at all.

That say though, I think you are wrong, but don't let that ever get in the way of making assumptions.

27 minutes ago, Neroon said:

I'm glad that you know that I over torque things. I hate it when people don't say this stuff about me. Sure I get it, it's a risky assumption, because I could also screw it in too loosely or just right. But darn do I love it when people make a wild assumption instead of being a pussy about it and not say anything at all.

That say though, I think you are wrong, but don't let that ever get in the way of making assumptions.

No doubt you have the right torque settings in your arm. 

5 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Personally I can't sleep at night unless I know my CPU cooler is secured with four screws all tightened to at least three ugga-duggas.

Nah man gotta use a torque wrench on it, might cause a nuclear melt down if you overtorque it.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

Nah man gotta use a torque wrench on it, might cause a nuclear melt down if you overtorque it.

Speaking about melting down. Have you tried melting the case together. It's a bit of a hassle to open it back up, but it's a great way to make sure you don't over torque it.

16 minutes ago, Neroon said:

Speaking about melting down. Have you tried melting the case together. It's a bit of a hassle to open it back up, but it's a great way to make sure you don't over torque it.

It can’t be too tight if it’s liquid!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

18 minutes ago, Neroon said:

5950x with a big OC and a 3090ti, its a work in progress to turn the case into a molten blob.

Funny people need to circlejerk from time to time to strength each other. It has to be the new thing they've ever tried.

1 hour ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny people need to circlejerk from time to time to strength each other. It has to be the new thing they've ever tried.

Ah, see, thats where we all learned how to ugga-dugga, our big circle jerk. You are free to join in to learn so you to can build a PC without overtorquing things.

1 hour ago, starsmine said:

Ah, see, thats where we all learned how to ugga-dugga, our big circle jerk. You are free to join in to learn so you to can build a PC without overtorquing things.

No wonder this is the holy grail of redneck technique without ever knowing what 0.5Nm feels like. Or the balanced torque matters even more on CPU block lol. 

The current PB5215 has only VDE version. The ESD version of PB5216 coming out next year will be a even better fit. Even the larger grip is a slim profile of 26mm diameter.  

1657200581_5216SUGY.jpg

23 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Personally I can't sleep at night unless I know my CPU cooler is secured with four screws all tightened to at least three ugga-duggas.

I prefer purple-tight. As in, turn it until your skin turns purple.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

33 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

I prefer purple-tight. As in, turn it until your skin turns purple.

Tighten until the screw loosens again, then back a quarter turn.

25 minutes ago, ProbablyNotFidel said:

Tighten until the screw loosens again, then back a quarter turn.

Or if you really want it to hold, crossthread is better than loctite any day.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV