Project Farm Ratcheting screwdriver review with LTT screwdriver

PeachyUwUSenpai
4 hours ago, MeidoShinshi said:

Honestly if you like the backforce of the Megapro get it. Linus said as much himself. Linus like most of us was just tired of ratchet drivers that back out machine screws since they have such low friction. The Megapro is apt to be very good but you'll have that constant backing out of machine case screws. It's up to you if the extra 30USD is worth the time you'll save not having to manually screw every case screw in the future.

$30 to just put a fingertip or something as a friction force on a screw as i ratchet it into place?  Seems like a fair trade to me.

29 minutes ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny 99% case is you over torque with your oversized screw driver. You denied the 20mm has much better control over 30mm.

Then you said you actually need to buy two sets of screwdriver for PC components lol while 20mm can do more jobs than 30mm. 
What is the definition of a proper tool if your screwdrivers is not going to handle the task lol.  

Better look back at your initial defense. I have no doubt you screwed 100,000x more torque sensitive components.

...Wow you just can't help but be totally disingenuous and bad faith in your argumentation can you? I never denied that 20mm has better precision control (not torque...how do you not get that precision control and torque are not the same thing...) I said that shaft driving on a low force ratchet is the same as a 20mm driver...you know because it's litterally the same diameter? And yeah you need more than one tool. Are you bloody stupid? No pro in ANY industry uses just one tool. You actin a foo.

As for how you keep coming back to the "you screwed 100,000x more torque sensitive components" yeah you are showing you aren't very clever since slightly over torqueing or under torqueing a water block that isn't total rubbish will mildly affect efficiency, where as getting the torque even a fraction of a feather off can and will shatter 80 year old fire resistant plastics. But yeah just keep showing the whole thread you are clueless with a hate-on and no comprehension of industry standards.

Can you please show proof where 99% of machine set machine screws that often times are machine set with more torque than a human is generally capable of one handed get over torqued by someone turning the screw one handed? Cause yeah you are looking at 1% (a crappy water cooling block system) and saying it's the 99%. Most of the components are LITTERALLY DESIGNED FOR STANDARD DRIVERS BECAUSE PRECISION DRIVERS WEREN'T VERY COMMON BACK WHEN THE STANDARDS WERE MADE.

5 minutes ago, IPD said:

$30 to just put a fingertip or something as a friction force on a screw as i ratchet it into place?  Seems like a fair trade to me.

That's totally fair. Honestly I'm long tired of having to use that hack to get backturn force to work...

50 minutes ago, MeidoShinshi said:

...Wow you just can't help but be totally disingenuous and bad faith in your argumentation can you? I never denied that 20mm has better precision control (not torque...how do you not get that precision control and torque are not the same thing...) I said that shaft driving on a low force ratchet is the same as a 20mm driver...you know because it's litterally the same diameter? And yeah you need more than one tool. Are you bloody stupid? No pro in ANY industry uses just one tool. You actin a foo.

As for how you keep coming back to the "you screwed 100,000x more torque sensitive components" yeah you are showing you aren't very clever since slightly over torqueing or under torqueing a water block that isn't total rubbish will mildly affect efficiency, where as getting the torque even a fraction of a feather off can and will shatter 80 year old fire resistant plastics. But yeah just keep showing the whole thread you are clueless with a hate-on and no comprehension of industry standards.

Can you please show proof where 99% of machine set machine screws that often times are machine set with more torque than a human is generally capable of one handed get over torqued by someone turning the screw one handed? Cause yeah you are looking at 1% (a crappy water cooling block system) and saying it's the 99%. Most of the components are LITTERALLY DESIGNED FOR STANDARD DRIVERS BECAUSE PRECISION DRIVERS WEREN'T VERY COMMON BACK WHEN THE STANDARDS WERE MADE.

Funny said yourself you screwed 100,000x more torque sensitive component with whatever mega driver your have lol. Denying 20mm has better control than 30mm.  

What is a better tool lol? I cannot wait to see how you are going to defend 30mm power grip is designed for PC components in the first place. 

Spoiler
8 hours ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny

4 hours ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny

3 hours ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny

2 hours ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny

1 hour ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny

4 minutes ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny

I figured we'd be having more fun if something were that hilarious.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Funny 99% case is you over torque with your oversized screw driver. You denied the 20mm has much better control over 30mm.

Then you said you actually need to buy two sets of screwdriver for PC components lol while 20mm can do more jobs than 30mm. 
What is the definition of a proper tool if your screwdrivers is not going to handle the task lol.  

Better look back at your initial defense. I have no doubt you screwed 100,000x more torque sensitive components.

I have never ONCE over torqued anything in terms of PCs

I have over torqued plenty of things doing handy work and just winging it, or with plumbing trying to stop a leak. 

But in terms of anything PC? Never. Its not like I'm new to the field, I have been messing with computers since the apple IIc. Its because you never HAVE to torque anything down outside of a mount and there its still a non issue as you are not EVER torqueing to yield, you are torqueing until it resists, and then if the instructions say do a quarter turn after that, you do a quarter turn. 

You keep attacking the other guy for having more experience then you. thing is, we all probably do. At this point, that verge video host does with the way you misuse terms and the way you over and under estimate torque. 

11 minutes ago, vetali said:
  Hide contents

I figured we'd be having more fun if something were that hilarious.

Funny people deny the obvious truth. 30mm screwdriver is better for PC lol. 

12 minutes ago, starsmine said:

I have never ONCE over torqued anything in terms of PCs

I have over torqued plenty of things doing handy work and just winging it, or with plumbing trying to stop a leak. 

But in terms of anything PC? Never. Its not like I'm new to the field, I have been messing with computers since the apple IIc. Its because you never HAVE to torque anything down outside of a mount and there its still a non issue as you are not EVER torqueing to yield, you are torqueing until it resists, and then if the instructions say do a quarter turn after that, you do a quarter turn. 

You keep attacking the other guy for having more experience then you. thing is, we all probably do. At this point, that verge video host does with the way you misuse terms and the way you over and under estimate torque. 

Said like before, you have the right setting in your arms.

4 hours ago, MonitorFlicker said:

Don't buy a super cheap one to improve performance.

Ahh, ok.. Not sure I needed that advice though, or anyone here or was related to what was said either 🤷‍♂️

-= Topic Locked =-

This topic has run its course and then some by becoming de-railed.

Image result for de-railed gif

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER