This Ugly PC will BLOW YOUR MIND

jakkuh_t

Not a fan of the color scheme. It kinda blows.

At least it looks like a breeze to build in. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Ugly? Nay. I say vintage.

If I have but one criticism, the rest of the case should've been painted that beige colour instead of being left black.

To be fair. The color theme actually does work.

Also, that RAM cooler is actually a rather nice design, though likely rather motherboard specific.

The statement at 14:06 is perfect: "You don't buy Noctua components for the looks. You buy them for the performance." Except I apply that for computer hardware in general.

20 minutes ago, h91 said:

Ugly? Nay. I say vintage.

If I have but one criticism, the rest of the case should've been painted that beige colour instead of being left black.

I could see it. It would be even better with fake wood vinyl on top of the plastic, although I could see that being a pain in the but to build in.

Y'all went all that trouble of machining parts, designing brackets, painting and proceeded to use shitty old stock psu cables...

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Somehow I immediately remembered this

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

I dusted this old account to post this, because right it's doubling has my feet cooler as I'm in a fresh 41ºC Hell surrounded by all sides by forest fires.
Mind not the cables, it's temporary and they are secured...they will also be rearranged when I'm not destitute and get a new GPU card to replace the one in there with a water cooled loop one, because of all the things gigabyte is good at is not having reference designs.

PS: that's 9 NF-A12x25 I bought 10 of them for 300€, I'd say I got a good deal given that I'm now permanently suffering my tinnitus even in this fresh hell.

20220713_230153.jpg

35 minutes ago, Levent said:

Y'all went all that trouble of machining parts, designing brackets, painting and proceeded to use shitty old stock psu cables...

In fairness, Linus mentions at 12:26 that shipping delays prevented the inclusion of Noctua-themed Cablemod cables that had been ordered for this build. Though I don't see why they couldn't have delayed the video by a week or two for the cables to arrive...

FormD T1 V1.1 Build

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 || Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX || RAM: 32 GB (2x 16 GB) 3,200 MHz CL16 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 ||
GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC ACX 2.0 || Storage: 1x 128 GB Samsung PM851, 1x 256 GB Adata SU800, 1x 1 TB Crucial P5, 1x 2 TB Teamgroup MP34 ||
Case: FormD T1 V1.1 (Silver Panels/Black Mesh) || PSU: Corsair SF750 || Cooling: Noctua NH-L9a, 2x NF-A12x25

19 minutes ago, Aveniform said:

In fairness, Linus mentions at 12:26 that shipping delays prevented the inclusion of Noctua-themed Cablemod cables that had been ordered for this build. Though I don't see why they couldn't have delayed the video by a week or two for the cables to arrive...

Or you know, they could sleeve those themselves. It wouldn't even have to be done to OCD spec. Just buy some paracord sleeves, unpin the connectors sleeve it over, heat shrink both ends and done.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Are the files for the noctua fan ram cooler available? I would love to try using it for fun even though my new pcs ram would probably not need it.

Noctua is awesome, despite their somewhat odd colors, that's the only negative i got besides the fan mounting being a bit annoying on my cooler.
Those bendy metal wires that needs too be oriented a certain way & sometimes bends a bit out of position lining up the other side.
Once you've done it a few times it's easy enough, like you can probably do it by feel with your eyes closed.

I haven't done anything other then remove the fan, clean off dust & put the fan back onto the cooler every few months.
And this cooler & fans is between 11 - 13 years old at this point.
I've had case fans, an ssd & 2 gpu's fail before anything so far on this cpu cooler.
Bought between 2009 - 2011 The Noctua NH-U12P SE2
With i think a pair of NF-S12B-FLX fans instead of the standard ones so 2012 - 2013 for those fans maybe ?
Don't quite remember what fan it is on the cpu cooler but the 2nd one is outside of the pc cooling me with 5 other fans as a tower.

I removed the cooler & repasted it last year after about 3.5 years of nearly daily use with the same cheap Arctic Ceramique 2 I've had for years because i upgraded the CPU too a used I5 2500k at the start of August 2021 @ 4.4 ghz.
I'm still seeing low too mid 70's at most during summer here.
A Gigabyte 1660 super oc which i got an aggressive fan curve on too keep the memory colder & the vrm & gpu die itself cooler in general.
No regrets really doing that together with an fps limiter in most stuff i play keeps it even cooler.

I got extra fan mounts, the metal wire ones so i got 2 spare even if i mount a 2nd fan on there, a new case badge & stickers as well.
4x rubber fan mounts for putting them in a case instead of the cooler.
I can split that for 2 fans if i mount each pair of rubber mounts diagonally on the fans if i decide too use them.
The 6 year warranty had expired by at minimum 1.5 years at the time in 2018 & they sent it anyway for free.

Because i had proof of owning the cpu cooler more then a picture of the cooler in the pc basically, still got the box, some of the accessories, and the AMD am3 & am2+ cpu cooler mounting kit.
I probably could have asked them too ship the AM4 mount i bought recently for the cooler in prep for moving too AM4 here.
(Got motherboard + ram used cheap & it will be enough for the 1660 super even if i pick like a used Ryzen 2600 & overclock it a bit probably.)
But I'd honestly feel bad asking too get anything more for free.
I wouldn't be surprised if they would do that honestly even for a cooler that has lasted over a decade so far.

The second oldest part in my pc is a 500 gb Seagate Harddrive from 2007 that still runs well at between 51000 - 52000 hours atm as I'm writing this came out of an acer aspire pc.
Literally everything else has been changed or upgraded around the cpu cooler for years.
Box has socket 1156 support as the newest one with the rest of them being socket 1366, Socket 775,AM3,AM2+ & AM2 on socket compatibility but technically fits 1150 & 1151 i think as well right ?
So it must have been bought 2009 or 2011 before they put socket 1155 on the box.

Edited by mini-z1994
grammatical fix + just removing a bit of a wall of text.

All my quiet builds use Cooler Master cases with 200mm fans.

My i9 9900k build listed below uses all Noctua fans except the 200mm fans in front. 

Even though the setup is fine with a 350 watt 30 series card it struggles with a 400 watt card.

This may be the solution I am looking for but I think I will go black(chromax). 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

3 hours ago, Levent said:

Also, please don't connect a 3080 with a single split PCI power cable. Bad form. I did that with my 3060ti and paid the price.

image.png.d314ce1265ff11b337637824e400ba49.png

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

I just did this to my pc about a month ago after all but 1 of my stock fans that came with the case failed. Iv got 2 120s as side intake, 2 140s for the top output, 1 140 ippc intake for the front and 1 120 ippc output on the back. Tons of air movement about 40cfm according to my bios when at full spin

16577680078247134131220959284882.jpg

@jakkuh_t Can we get the STL files for the Noctua RAM cooler? Thanks ❤️

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

How many noctuas can you spot? 😃

BTW, just changing stock Dell fan on stock cooler (cutting needed) gave -15'C under load.

noctua.jpg

Okay but like where can i get the Noctua color schemed box fan

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

57 minutes ago, CT854 said:

Okay but like where can i get the Noctua color schemed box fan

You can paint one

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I'm running 30 fans in my system, and no, it is NOT obnoxiously loud. 22 of them are the black/yellow Akasa Viper S variety mounted on 80mm thick alphacool rads. They keep the four 980TI's and a 5960X running at full tilt even in a room where the ambient in the summer goes over 30C. 4 more of these fans handle exhaust from the Case Labs Mercury S8 case while four custom ordered 40mm PWM Delta's do memory cooling duty on the 8 sticks of GSkill. Oh yeah, there's the fan from the EVGA T2 1600W PSU as well - 31 fans in total!!!

When your "single" GPU is beyond 4 slots thick 🤣🤣🤣 that says one of three things: (1) air cooling is no longer practical, (2) silicon is getting too hot and inefficient, and (3) ATX as a spec has become obsolete. It makes better sense installing two water cooled graphics cards in the same space that one of these freak behemoths takes up, especially in instances where GPU performance is a priority. As for ATX, that dates back to the days where big beige boxes sat on your desk horizontally under your monitor, the motherboard inside was horizontal and your video card sat vertical with it's weight holding it down in it's slot. Back in those days a 600W PSU was high end, a single 80mm exhaust on the case was it and your CPU/GPU needed only a tiny fan on it, if it needed one at all. There's only so far you can go before a modern GPU in a tower case cannot be secured safely due to it's size/weight, never mind the challenges of transporting and shipping a system that's been assembled. That's one big reason why I chose the case I have - it mounts the mobo horizontal, and the four GPU's aren't under ANY stress whatsoever.

This is also a 7 year old system that's been running 24/7 which is a testament to how good these Akasa fans really are - not one has failed. Anything with a 50,000 hour MTBF or greater is worth it's coin unlike some fan makers who give you maximum bling and forget about things like CFM, noise and static pressure (thanks Corsair). Those four 980TI's will also soon be replaced by four 3080TI's making my rig quite the powerful home F@H setup... when I'm not gaming on it 😎

When the entire PC is noctua coloured, it actually looks quite nice. but just having the brown and tan fans inside a normal PC looks ugly

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒