This Ugly PC will BLOW YOUR MIND

jakkuh_t
9 hours ago, madseason said:

changing stock Dell fan on stock cooler (cutting needed) gave -15'C under load.

sub ambient temps with a fan change is quite amazing. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

15 hours ago, Syfes said:

Also, please don't connect a 3080 with a single split PCI power cable. Bad form. I did that with my 3060ti and paid the price.

image.png.d314ce1265ff11b337637824e400ba49.png

Yes, thats why it melted... Corsair, Seasonic, Be Quiet, Super Flower etc do not include split cables as a cunning plan to melt your cables or connectors. Split cables are perfectly fine but can have more ripple and trouble with spikes.

1 hour ago, Jeppes said:

Yes, thats why it melted... Corsair, Seasonic, Be Quiet, Super Flower etc do not include split cables as a cunning plan to melt your cables or connectors. Split cables are perfectly fine but can have more ripple and trouble with spikes.

also. really people need a ups.  if you live in a really that has very small spikes... well this can happen.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I would love to have something like that. but a 3070 or 3080 seems a bit overkill for 1080p gaming. 
Also, shouldn't a build like this have gone for a fanless psu?

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

I kinda miss those days. Built a lot back then. I built my Mom a PC with that case

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

There's potential, for a little SFF 22L version of the build with the new top dog <135mm cooler (that black finish looks so awesome on the new ID-cooling + round-frame 120 LCP Noctua fans:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

All the Sama IM01 clones fit the Noctua 3070/3080 cards :), and the two above are the best (vented, and glass looks). There's a couple of more SAMA close and the SAMA itself (but the right one with glass above is already a bit too gray, so it doesn't fit the black + owl theme, and Sapphire one is even more gray/lighter gray/silver:

spacer.png

But due to the using the same platforms, there's no reason why the Sapphire glass (which is black on the edges), couldn't be used with the FSP on the left picture above, to make a perfect vented+aesthetics build (The FSP logo is almost certainly removable, for a sleeker look).

spacer.png

Or used on the Original SAMA which is more black and has that sleek NZXT-inspired front.

However, for slightly less performance, using this Silver <135mm cooler, a silver + owl Naos or Sapphire build is possible. Or even a White one for a white + owl build in Sapphire case. The beige/brown combos are infinite xD

spacer.pngspacer.png

Could we get some info on the painting? Which paints were used, did you have to sand it before, use a base... Please 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 5:16 PM, HenrySalayne said:

@jakkuh_t
I'm expecting a follow-up video in Q1 2023 when the real Noctua desk fan hits. 😅

image.png.df0d197ca64da73ac9e373bc4d5b698c.png

me 2

Also,

!!! I NEED THIS !!!

496733368_220809140006(880)ThisUglyPCwillBLOWYOURMIND-YouTube.thumb.jpg.7973a4c70996271346a99b75c8a828f5.jpg

Take care, and take care of somebody else.
George Carlin: Jammin' in New York 1992

</>

On 7/14/2022 at 5:42 AM, Luscious said:

silicon is getting too hot and inefficient,

To be fair, nVidia pulled the "we wanna advertise more cores so we will make each core 1.5 cores but they can only do 1 core worth of work at any given time" like the AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver architectures, and nVidia's own Thermi. 

• 2 months later...

I sort of wanted to replicate this PC idea but instead of using the traditional noctua colors, I wanted to go down the chromax-black path. 

The normal Noctua NF-A20 comes with the proper-length rubber fan mounts and extra cabling while the chromax-black has less accessories and costs more, at least they have 4x 6 colored anti-vibration corners. I knew the chromax-black version didn't come with the rubber fan mounts, so I ordered the Noctua NA-SAV2 chromax-black alongside. When I got the fans and the rubber fan mounts, I was disappointed. The black SAV2's were just too short but the bigger problem was Noctua doesn't sell chromax-black versions of the SAV3/SAV4, only the traditional brown ones. I searched around for black knock-offs but I couldn't find any. At that point, I wanted to temporarily mount those fans with something. I tried the long hex screws that came with the case, which worked but required a very small screwdriver or a lot of angle screwing. Eventually, I settled on zip ties.

Personally, I'm thinking of going RGB again. The CM SickleFlow 200mm looks promising since its ARGB Gen 2 with PWM versus the stock fans (CM MasterFan MF200R ARGB) being ARGB "Gen 1" with no PWM.

• 4 months later...

So I somewhat recreated this.  Some things Linus didnt tell me and Im kind of miffed about LOL

1- The screws to the 2 200mm fans that come with the case will not work with the Noctua.  The Cooler Master fans are thinner.  I did not look into this before hand which is my fault I know.  This means you either have to go buy screws somewhere that will work because Noctua does not provide long screws or you have to use the rubber thingies.  

2 -  The rubber thingies do NOT fit through the holes in the H500 ARGP case.  For some reason Cooler master made those holes smaller than standard fan screw holes AND did not clean out the punch through or left on purpose the punch threw on the other side of the case.  Really wish Linus had said more than a joke about how tight getting those rubber mounts in were because that was a big task.  I had to go buy an awl and reem out the holes to allow the rubber mount thingies to fit but I also had to take a screw driver and a hammer and chisel off the inside of the holes that were beveled (for lack of the proper word) from the factory.  

This is not a full new build but a GPU upgrade that forced me to change cases as on paper the Noctua Asus RTX 3070 should have fit my old case it just did not work.  Saw this video randomly while I was case searching and decided to recreate it.  

Specs

CPU - AMD 3800X

CPU cooler -  My 9 year old Noctua NH D14 that has been put through 4 rig upgrades.  

Mobo -  Gygabyute X570 Aurus Elite

Mem -  Crucual Ballistix 2x 32gig PC3200

GPU - Asus Noctua RTX 3070

PSU  Corsair RM850X

Drives -  1 Samsung 500 gig 980 pro  1 Samsung 980 1TB

Case - Cooler Master H500 aRGB

Fans -  1 NF a12 rear  2 NFa14 top  2 NF a20 front

To be bought -  GPU support bracket.  Cant find my old puget systems acrilic one I know is in a box somewhere so I will have to buy something new.  The GPU sag is real in this thing.  

Yes my cable management is horrid.  I will be vinyling the tempered glass window because I really do not like glass and I will be looking into if the fab shop at work can make me a solid simple aluminum side panel but that is yet to be determined.  I REALLY wish they would sell a simple plain metal side panel for this.  I would spend 100 bucks on that if Cooler Master just sold it.  I will end up having to hope an engineer at work will help me design one instead haha.  

627911446_Case1.thumb.jpg.6e77002026e6074b3384c6e7b267c8b4.jpg1847545651_case2.thumb.jpg.bc8d5ac28ea57dc5b4098947f0afa625.jpg

On 7/13/2022 at 9:52 PM, jakkuh_t said:

watched this a while ago, honestly im a fan, i dont think it looks that bad 

• 1 month later...

Think a creative labs ae-9 would fit in this build. Literally the build I’ve been thinking of completing. Well, all Noctua, AMD, tuf x670, and 3070/3080 for flight sim.