What a home made server rack should look like

Cassidy1982

The more you look at it the more amazing it gets.

That PS3 must feel like a king in their throne in there.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, Cassidy1982 said:

IMG_1898.thumb.JPEG.c720716f576d06122e27a22322c5fb56.JPEGIMG_1899.thumb.JPEG.a11d522dd28da9937f7031ee494acf91.JPEGIMG_1964.thumb.JPEG.bdd9ede3fdb07f7f58521f5df9e1138b.JPEGIMG_1971.thumb.JPEG.4387971170036f0b358ecf8aae0f40aa.JPEG

so this is my solution then buying 2 racks for my home office. And yes I made it took about a week from start to finish. plus 3 days to cable manage the rack.

Starting at the top left. 
main network switch netgear gs748tp

surveillance switch netgear gs724tp

10g switch netgear xs712t

2 battery backup for the switch and modem

a hdmi matrix 4x4

first silverstone case is a retro gaming pc running batocera 

next is media pc for playing video 

next is a windows 10 pc for my Surveillance

A truenas file server

and last of the left side is a plex server 

the right side 

a pfsense router

2 pioneer receivers one for video and the other is for audio 

2 8 port kvm

a pentium III running windows 98

a pentium 4 running windows 2000/ me

lga775 running windows xp 

lga1156 running windows vista

and a future spot for a windows 7 pc

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

Cherry or oak poly stain?

The vented panels are oak veneer with a clear coat and the rest is hemlock with a clear coat. 

im guessing your using some sort of kvm? im trying to do something simmer  to that having a hard time thow...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

im guessing your using some sort of kvm? im trying to do something simmer  to that having a hard time thow...

I’m using 2 8 port kvm’s the second one is connected to a input of the first one and the kvm is all vga usb 2 and 3.5mm audio. I need adapter to switch over to hdmi. 

44 minutes ago, Cassidy1982 said:

I’m using 2 8 port kvm’s the second one is connected to a input of the first one and the kvm is all vga usb 2 and 3.5mm audio. I need adapter to switch over to hdmi. 

im guessing your systems are older i guess when you start adding in hdmi and dispalyport and want like 144p+ or 4k it gets even more interesting i guess well as a keyboarded and mouse and audio as well... i was trying to do it automatically witch is costly but i might need 2 systems. the goal was 4 pcs hooked up to attest one of the monitors but because i have a mechanical keyboard  and alot of kvms dont have usb 3.0 and some macros dont work with it makes it hard and usb 3.0 switches are also poor quality. then there the problem having cable longer then 10 feet total and still keeping 144p + on the monitor...

for now i think i need 2 keyboard and mouse one for main pc and another keyboard and mouse for the other pcs and have one monitor at 170hrz and the other at 144hrz or lower had use that to switch to the other pcs

fun times... anyway nice build ill hope to have cable looking like that one day...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links