Bricked 3060 During Repaste?

49 minutes ago, Cs labs said:

Dear customer. It is obvious that you hate our product so much that you have endless time to follow all posts on most popular forums about K5 PRO in order to share with everyone your bad experience, instead of spending a few minutes to actually try what we sugested to you. Unfortunatelly we don't have equal free time to argue with you since we wish to offer support to customers who are actually are using our product and do follow our sugestions. We pointed your mistakes and we explained how critical is to do everything perfect if you wish to get good results on new high end boards like yours. For other boards it is not a big deal but for boards where already manufacturer used best thermal material it is important to do everything perfect. So every time we notice that you might be missleading other users with your experience where you didn't follow our instructions we will have to point your mistakes so that people who are really using K5 PRO can apply it correctly. We hope for your understanding. 

Your attitude in this entire thread means I won't be trying any of your products, ever. What a condescending set of posts.

And your defensiveness suggests your product is actually crap, hence you spending a ton of time typing these responses to defend it.

2 hours ago, Federson said:

What’s your suggestion? “Please add more”? I did that, it’s expressing out from the sides of the heatsink. If you think one tiny corner is causing my vram temps to go up 10c you’ve lost your mind. Also, 3000 series GPUs do use good thermal pads but they’re not top of the line. I replaced them with Gelid GP Extreme pads (after I removed the k5 pro) and my gpu’s vram temps went down 5c from stock temps. 

Man, I don't want to know how hard it was to clean that mess up. 

39 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Man, I don't want to know how hard it was to clean that mess up. 

It was pretty annoying. I scraped up what I could and then poured a bunch of 91% isopropyl alcohol on my gpu and scrubbed it with an old tooth brush, which flung tiny bits of k5 everywhere. If I were going to do it again I’d probably submerge the board in alcohol and scrub it while it’s in there. There’s still k5 lodged under various parts on the PCB, but I’m not too worried about it. 

CS Labs, I realize customer service is a tough job that can test the limits of anyone. However, maintaining a professional tone is an essential core feature. And this tone from your discussion in the Reddit thread is entirely unprofessional: 

"You seem to know and understand K5 PRO better than our research and repair teams who designed it and work with it the last 9 years. Still we will have to follow our application process and instructions because with these instructions we get very good results while with your application process you obviously got not so good results."

Snark and sarcasm immediately turns me off, and I would never consider buying from a company that responds to customers in this manner. Implying that if a customer isn't satisfied with a result, it must mean they are incompetent imbeciles? Yeah, I'm telling my PC friends to stay away.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

This thread is a dumpster fire top to bottom. I don’t even know what to say 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

8 hours ago, Federson said:

Also, 3000 series GPUs do use good thermal pads but they’re not top of the line.

lol, no
some of my G6x cards was so bad that it required me to swap the pads

gigabyte cards pads are so oily that it's literally dripping into my PC if mounted vertically

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I agree with the other mentions here the LTT video using this K5 paste needs to be taken down, replacing thermal pads with messy paste just isn't a good idea unless you know what you're doing, even if you're careful the paste is difficult to clean up and you could break something trying to remove the paste.

And the response from the CS labs customer service is unprofessional, I wouldn't recommend the paste because of the condescending response also.

27 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

replacing thermal pads with messy paste just isn't a good idea unless you know what you're doing

from the video, it's no better than just replacing the stock pads with slightly better pads, with the massive mess of using paste

i don't get this product, but that's besides the point of this thread

27 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

the LTT video using this K5 paste needs to be taken down

hah, good luck, they won't even take down the baking gpu video

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

lol, no
some of my G6x cards was so bad that it required me to swap the pads

gigabyte cards pads are so oily that it's literally dripping into my PC if mounted vertically

Was it bad to the point of it overheating? I wouldn't recommend someone disassemble a working gpu unless the pads are so bad the card throttles or overheats.

I wonder what pads gigabyte uses though, they're usually oily but never noticed them dripping, but I've never mounted a card vertically.

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

from the video, it's no better than just replacing the stock pads with slightly better pads, without the massive mess

i don't get this product, but that's besides the point of this thread

hah, good luck, they won't even take down the baking gpu video

I really don't get it, the product doesn't make sense in a laptop either as it just makes a mess, and thermal pads depending on the thickness needed can be cheaper than K5 paste.

And yeah I remember the baking a gpu video, its bad advice as an oven doesn't get hot enough to reflow the solder under the gpu die.

6 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Was it bad to the point of it overheating?

gigabyte 3090 throttles to around 70% of its max performance on stock pads

swapped it and instantly no throttling, and temps were among one of the best 3090 (I own 3 models and 4 3090)
MSI Gaming x Trio is borderline throttling, but it manages so i never swapped the pads

EVGA FTW3 3080 was throttling, so i swapped the pads on that, and put the old pads at the rear of the VRAM to use the backplate to help cool the VRAM, but i noticed the pads they used were eeriely similar to the ones i bought (thermalright odyssey)

notably good VRAM cooling cards were Palit's 3080, amongst the cards i own

I wonder what pads gigabyte uses though, they're usually oily but never noticed them dripping,

MSI gaming x trio is oily too but not to the point of dripping

its bad advice as an oven doesn't get hot enough to reflow the solder under the gpu die

u dont need to melt solder to heat shock the bumps into touching the pads, if that's your issue, that's a GPU Die issue, so baking the entire card is just bleh

if you wish to ask more Q, use DM as to not derail the thread further

On 4/4/2022 at 3:53 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

janky repair

On 4/4/2022 at 4:01 AM, GuiltySpark_ said:

This is going up there with some of the greats for GPU carnage.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:01 AM, GuiltySpark_ said:

Best you can do is pull it apart, spent the likely hours cleaning up all that wasted thermal paste, acquire the properly sized thermal pads then report back here before any re-assembly. 

There is nothing wrong with this method other than being very messy, many manufactures have used putty on their cards over the years, the most recent I've personally seen is the EVGA 3080 xc3. 

At this point I wouldn't bother cleaning up the putty as it not the cause of the issue, most likely the putty didn't completely contact where it needed to be, even though so much was used. At this point I would try to scrape of the excess looking for points of poor contact and then try again. I wouldn't use putty on the die, use normal paste on the die.

As someone who has replaced paste and pads on hundreds of cards I recommend using putty, because replacing pads is often not as easy as just getting the correct size.  

Thermal pads can be such a pain to replace because it's more than just getting the same size, in fact you don't nessisarly need to use the same sizes as the originals.

The difficult part of replacing pads is getting ones that act the same under uniaxial compression as the originals did, in fact different thicknesses can be used if the end state after compression is close enough to the original pads once compressed, how much force required to compress something to a certain size depends on the composition of the material used. 

If a card is under warranty and isn't working as intended then return it to be fixed or replaced, don't take the risk when you don't have to. 

1 hour ago, Cs labs said:

About our product being crap, it is up to you to decide if you would like to try it or not. But we can't help not to mention that the verion of K5 PRO 110g  for which the previous user left a very bad 1 star review on Amazon is the top selling new release product in it's category on Amazon USA (Amazon insists to put it in thermal pads category although we sell it as thermal paste) above the thermal pad brands that the same user is sugesting every time he is complaing about K5 PRO. So this indicates that customers who actually use it consider it better than the brand he sugests every time.

If people consider the 110g tub better than gelid gp extreme pads, why do gelid pads have 4.7, while your 110g tub has 3.1 stars?  Also, amazon says gelid gp extreme are #1 while your pads are listed as #53.  How many people that purchased your 110g came back to buy a second tub?  You had one of the most famous YouTubers give your product a decent review, so of course you got a bump in first time buyers. That doesn’t mean people think your product is good. People don’t email you with complaints because they know you can’t do anything to fix it. Check the YouTube comments on the LTT video, everyone hates your product for use on GPUs. 

Also, I had given your product a 2 star review, but you were condescending which is why I changed it to a 1 star review and make sure to tell everyone to stay away from your product.  If you’d had good customer service I probably would have added stars instead of taking them away. Having “technical knowledge and scientific background” doesn’t give you permission to have poor customer service. And also, I highly doubt your technical knowledge seeing as you’ve claimed that having one tiny corner of one of my 10 vram chips uncovered led to your product being only “20% effective” and caused my temps to increase 10c. Also, I stand by the fact that the corner actually was covered by your product, but you can’t see that because there’s a freaking heatsink blocking the view. 

52558D90-1D68-40F1-8AA2-6E9A613444CA.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Federson said:

If people consider the 110g tub better than gelid gp extreme pads, why do gelid pads have 4.7, while your 110g tub has 3.1 stars?  Also, amazon says gelid gp extreme are #1 while your pads are listed as #53.  How many people that purchased your 110g came back to buy a second tub?  You had one of the most famous YouTubers give your product a decent review, so of course you got a bump in first time buyers. That doesn’t mean people think your product is good. People don’t email you with complaints because they know you can’t do anything to fix it. Check the YouTube comments on the LTT video, everyone hates your product for use on GPUs. 

Also, I had given your product a 2 star review, but you were condescending which is why I changed it to a 1 star review and make sure to tell everyone to stay away from your product.  If you’d had good customer service I probably would have added stars instead of taking them away. Having “technical knowledge and scientific background” doesn’t give you permission to have poor customer service. And also, I highly doubt your technical knowledge seeing as you’ve claimed that having one tiny corner of one of my 10 vram chips uncovered led to your product being only “20% effective” and caused my temps to increase 10c. Also, I stand by the fact that the corner actually was covered by your product, but you can’t see that because there’s a freaking heatsink blocking the view. 

52558D90-1D68-40F1-8AA2-6E9A613444CA.jpeg

It is top selling new release product. It has #1 New release badge on Amazon.com. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/pc/21403483011/ref=zg_b_hnr_21403483011_1

Indeed now the product that you advertise is not anymore in new release list as it is older than K5 PRO 110g but a few weeks ago was below K5 PRO 110g

https://www.facebook.com/computersystemsgr/photos/a.302655323258784/1866644856859815/

and indeed K5 PRO has far less reviews than your product because it is newer so reviews are still to come. As you can see customers still trust K5 PRO despite your campaign against it and the bad review that you left.

40 minutes ago, Cs labs said:

It is top selling new release product. It has #1 New release badge on Amazon.com. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/pc/21403483011/ref=zg_b_hnr_21403483011_1

Indeed now the product that you advertise is not anymore in new release list as it is older than K5 PRO 110g but a few weeks ago was below K5 PRO 110g

https://www.facebook.com/computersystemsgr/photos/a.302655323258784/1866644856859815/

and indeed K5 PRO has far less reviews than your product because it is newer so reviews are still to come. As you can see customers still trust K5 PRO despite your campaign against it and the bad review that you left.

Oh wow your product with a 1.4million view YouTube video managed to outsell three no-name Chinese companies. Your thermal paste must be really good…

5 hours ago, Cs labs said:

Thank you for your interest in our replies. We understand that our attitude might not be the same as what you are used to when dealing with USA or Chinese companies but we kindly ask you to understand that we are real human beings with feelings and also with technical knowledge and scientific background. We are an active workshop and developed these products as part of our research in order to improve our work and they became a global success because they do offer solutions to so many cases. Obviously no product can fit all cases and make all customers happy but it is hard to recall another case where manufacturer gives exact instructions which customer doesn't follow and then customer complain everywhere that product didn't work. 

Indeed we do spend a lot of time to search and reply to customer complains. For some reason we almost never receive some complain to our email so we understand that complaining customers are not so many. They just post the same complain in many forums. Maybe you consider this as defensiveness but we will continue doing it because in most cases the complain is related with wrong application. We need to point the mistake so that other users will not repeat it. Also if indeed there is some problem with product or application we need to understand it so that we can solve it. 

About our product being crap, it is up to you to decide if you would like to try it or not. But we can't help not to mention that the verion of K5 PRO 110g  for which the previous user left a very bad 1 star review on Amazon is the top selling new release product in it's category on Amazon USA (Amazon insists to put it in thermal pads category although we sell it as thermal paste) above the thermal pad brands that the same user is sugesting every time he is complaing about K5 PRO. So this indicates that customers who actually use it consider it better than the brand he sugests every time.

Your replies are childlike and your product will crash and burn, otherwise you wouldn't have to type War and Peace in every response 😆 😆 😆

5 hours ago, Federson said:

Oh wow your product with a 1.4million view YouTube video managed to outsell three no-name Chinese companies. Your thermal paste must be really good…

Here is a photo of top new products on thermal pads category at end of February, two months after the video. As you can see the 110g version of K5 PRO was number one new release product on world's bigest marketplace Amazon.com ahead of all versions of the product that you promote. (maybe this is why you made this acount here with only reason to promote your product by decring our product in every oportunity???)

Today more than 3 months after the video your product is not so new to show in this category any more but stil 110g version of K5 PRO is number one.

The reason is that no matter what success you have on high end boards, these boards represent less than 1% of the market while K5 PRO will give perfect results all the time on the rest 99% of systems including all kinds of electronics. Not just video boards.

top new.jpg

20 minutes ago, Cs labs said:

Here is a photo of top new products on thermal pads category at end of February, two months after the video. As you can see the 110g version of K5 PRO was number one new release product on world's bigest marketplace Amazon.com ahead of all versions of the product that you promote. (maybe this is why you made this acount here with only reason to promote your product by decring our product in every oportunity???)

Today more than 3 months after the video your product is not so new to show in this category any more but stil 110g version of K5 PRO is number one.

The reason is that no matter what success you have on high end boards, these boards represent less than 1% of the market while K5 PRO will give perfect results all the time on the rest 99% of systems including all kinds of electronics. Not just video boards.

top new.jpg

Cool, you got a 1.4million view video endorsement which drove a bunch of first time buyers to your product… and you only got 8 reviews and 3 stars. Meanwhile Gelid’s pads have a lot more reviews and a lot better reviews. First time buyers doesn’t really mean your product is great, especially if you just had a huge advertisement. Your product is fine for low temperature applications like in game consoles, but it sucks on video cards, and you act very rudely any time someone mentions it.  

And I don’t even know why we’re comparing product ranks, but the product I recommend is #1 on the world’s biggest marketplace, amazon… and that’s without running some million view advertising campaign.  Sooo I guess by your logic their product is better than yours. 

633B8BCB-DC12-447D-BF38-57322A722CE6.jpeg

At first I thought it was that gap filler foam stuff that's often used for insulation....

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

5 minutes ago, Federson said:

Cool, you got a 1.4million view video endorsement which drove a bunch of first time buyers to your product… and you only got 8 reviews and 3 stars. Meanwhile Gelid’s pads have a lot more reviews and a lot better reviews. First time buyers doesn’t really mean your product is great, especially if you just had a huge advertisement. Your product is fine for low temperature applications like in game consoles, but it sucks on video cards, and you act very rudely any time someone mentions it.  

Thank you for noticing that our product is fine for the main category or electronic devices for which it was designed. Honestly this is very encouranging to hear from propably the most unhappy customer we ever had.

At this point we need to mention that what we consider rude in our communication is the fact that a user started this post asking for help about his problem and instead of focusing on this problem we started arguing about K5 PRO.

Still you are not the only one mentioning our replies being rude in this post so we honestly wish to appologise to you and to anyone who was insulted by our replies. Maybe it is because we are a team of Greek electronics engineers focused on technical matters and not proffessionaly trained customer support (who usually provide zero help in polite way) or maybe for some other reason that we will research but honestly we didn't intent to insult any customer and we really wanted to understand the problem and focus on the solution. That's why we reply to all problems that we notice.

By the way the 110g packaging that you bought is the newest and lowest selling version.  For hundreds of reviews please check these versions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UTX7K2E

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0851NLK48 (Amazon's choice badge in heatsinks and 4.8 stars)

1 hour ago, Cs labs said:

Thank you for noticing that our product is fine for the main category or electronic devices for which it was designed. Honestly this is very encouranging to hear from propably the most unhappy customer we ever had.

At this point we need to mention that what we consider rude in our communication is the fact that a user started this post asking for help about his problem and instead of focusing on this problem we started arguing about K5 PRO.

Still you are not the only one mentioning our replies being rude in this post so we honestly wish to appologise to you and to anyone who was insulted by our replies. Maybe it is because we are a team of Greek electronics engineers focused on technical matters and not proffessionaly trained customer support (who usually provide zero help in polite way) or maybe for some other reason that we will research but honestly we didn't intent to insult any customer and we really wanted to understand the problem and focus on the solution. That's why we reply to all problems that we notice.

By the way the 110g packaging that you bought is the newest and lowest selling version.  For hundreds of reviews please check these versions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UTX7K2E

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0851NLK48 (Amazon's choice badge in heatsinks and 4.8 stars)

Your paste is fine for some applications, which is why I didn’t return my 110g tub. I even said it’s okay for some stuff in my Amazon review. But it isn’t for the new generation of GPUs 

5 hours ago, Cs labs said:

You have a LOT to learn about good customer support. In fact, given your responses here, whoever typed those is better handing over customer support to someone who doesn't alienate potential customers before they've even bought your product. Alienate to the point where I can 100% state I will never buy your product, your apology is futile. And to say you 'didn't intend to insult', you typed a TON of condescending shit before saying that. Get in the sea.

This whole thing smacks of amateurs with a bad attitude.