The Popcorn Time developers have gone silent

TopWargamer

http://torrentfreak.com/popcorn-time-devs-drop-like-flies-but-no-one-will-talk-140420/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Popcorn Time was one of the most-discussed topics last month with contributors happy to chat and bathe in the publicity. Recently though, something has changed. Previously talkative developers have deleted their work, gone silent, disappeared, or all of the above. It's hard not to draw the obvious conclusion.

Spooky. That's extremely strange, and I dunno what could have happened, unless they were hit with a bunch of lawsuits, but if they were, wouldn't we know about it? Either way, I think we all want to know happened to them. For now, Popcorn Time is still available for download, but at this  point, it may not be for long [speculation]

COMIC SANS

is this bad? Im not sure, ive never used the service, well i hope the people that like it will enjoy it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

is this bad?

Yes and no. I mean, if they're being silent to focus in on development, then that's fine, but apparently they've always been really chatty, until now. It's just strange that they would go silent all of a sudden. 

COMIC SANS

I have used the service a few times to watch films in 1080p. The quality is outstanding and is great if I am honest. The only problem I have with it is that the other people in my house use the internet to which means I can only watch stuff when they are out. We don't have much bandwidth. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Strange...

I must say though i have tried the app and the work they have done is Amazing!! It streamed content better than Youtube and Netflix, both huge services with tons of support, on my super slow 4mbps connection at 720p with out dropping or buffering once, if only the big players would use this open source stuff to increase the quality of there products instead of silencing them with lawsuits  

Yes and no. I mean, if they're being silent to focus in on development, then that's fine, but apparently they've always been really chatty, until now. It's just strange that they would go silent all of a sudden. 

Guessing you didn't actually read the article?

“All you need to know is that I’m still alive and moved on to others projects,” he wrote. “I can’t really tell you anything more than that and I won’t contribute anymore to popcorn-time.”
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Guessing you didn't actually read the article?

Skimmed. Either way, still strange. 

COMIC SANS

That sucks, i was really hoping they would add tv shows to popcorn time.

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Edit: wth somehow this got posted to the wrong thread, no clue what happened there.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Sucks. Used them a bit. It was a pretty good service. Sad to just see them "disappear" as it seems.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Sad, i still use it, and its very awesome. :D

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]