Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
On 5/8/2016 at 8:31 PM, BashZeStampeedo said:

I don't think I can say much without knowing more about how the overhaul is already being planned... I guess we can chat about it on TeamSpeak if you've got some time? Really all we'd probably want is a thread or other way to share info on the translations, and maybe a similar sub-thread for them to discuss them if they'd like. If possible, also a mailing list we could send notices to those who want to be notified when a release happens?

Yeah, I'll make a pm group sometime this Wednesday. A mailing list? Sure thing, I still have the old Drunken Wolf one haha. Firefox is always logged into the translation group email.

20 hours ago, helping said:

Fred, the heck are you doing back in August of 2015

Idk, one of my tabs was just that far back. 

20 hours ago, Charger said:

Friendly stalking I'm sure

The best kind of stalking?

53 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Oh yeah, anime and manga... let's see, what have I watched/read lately....

Rinne S2 (5). so-so.
This was a laid-back ep that had three parts to it, surprisingly. It felt more like DVD specials they decided to pad the series out with. Thankfully they were pretty decent sketches, and as usual the deadpan delivery of the over-the-top jokes was a chuckle-worthy combination. Especially Masato's entrance and his demon army summons.

Sansha Sanyou (5). decent.
This ep filled time pretty well, despite not doing much that we haven't already seen. And yet, it does take a skilled hand to pull this off without it feeling repetitive or tiresome, so I'll give them that. Involving the entire cast and showing how they bounce off one another was a nice touch, especially how they demonstrated everyone's "place in the pack" and how much the show loves its body language. A couple parts were a bit too hackneyed for my tastes, but it worked as a whole.

Space Patrol Luluco (6). decent.
The Samurai Pizza Cats-esque launch gun in this episode was cute. As for the rest, it was just the right kind of silly nonsense to put a smile on my face. I usually like these FLCL-esque "what the hell is going on" shows. I like the little bits of goofy animation they're putting in here, like when the city was folded up into a box to be delivered.

Girl Meets Bear (6). awkward.
Wow, this show is odd. I'm not even sure whether it's supposed to be a comedy. At first it felt like they were peeling back the layers to reveal that Machi is actually a traumatized little girl with a severe anxiety disorder, who wants to leave home because even the people around her are jackasses about it. Seriously, Natsu? Getting mad at her for having a panic attack that you instigated? And what's with Yoshio, who knew it was too much for her, yet still took her to the mall and tried pushing her into a store while she was having an obvious panic attack? Yikes. And this after an episode where she was freaking out while an older girl was basically bullying her for freaking out. Then in the last few minutes it felt like they didn't know how to end it and just decided to try to get out of jail free. I can't help but wonder if they know how this show is coming across at times.

My Hero Academia (6). decent.
Not too bad. With the plot having settled down a bit there's less room for plotholes and awkward scripting. This episode may have been all setup, and it wasn't particularly well animated, but it certainly did the trick. They're characterizing the other characters more, keeping it moving, and managing to save a lot of budget (hopefully for the next arc after this one). Aside from their problem of not really being able to give their "villains" clear motivations for their villainy, this seems like it'll be able to at least do the manga relative justice without just being fanservice junk. Still a shame they aren't taking more risks, but I guess if that's the price to pay for it being an okay series, then I'll suck it up.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c323-325). so-so.
This is a kinda disappointing place to go on hiatus, but if they need a breather to come up with better material, then I'm all for it.

Actually, I'm... manga (c123). good.
This was a good chapter for character-based humor. It was pretty on-the-nose stuff, but it all fit together nicely into a comedy ball of sorts. Then the ball exploded, like that weird grenade-thing stuffed into Oka's mouth. I was of course expecting this twist (and that it's also another red herring) but I just hope it's part of some good character development for super pervert. It might also make for a very fun set of ideas for ninja girl. After all, Shiho isn't just one personality.

Otoyomegatari manga (c55). decent.
It's kinda nice to see them taking the slower burn with Pariya here, though I hope they make build up some momentum as they do so. There are only so many ways these stories tend to go, after all, so it's always annoying to not feel like the payoff was worth the trip. With luck there will be enough to balance out her crippling anxiety at least. So far, it's half-decent, if a bit contrived.

I expected better stuff from Tomo-chan, last couple of strips have kind of been lackluster but oh well. 

Horimiya got some major development recently, interesting turn of events. I hope they do more with plot progression.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

Horimiya got some major development recently, interesting turn of events. I hope they do more with plot progression.

I'm going to have to re-read Horimiya at some point. About a half-dozen chapters ago, I felt lost as to who the characters I was looking at were, and that's never a good sign. Maybe now's a decent time to do that.

7 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I'm going to have to re-read Horimiya at some point. About a half-dozen chapters ago, I felt lost as to who the characters I was looking at were, and that's never a good sign. Maybe now's a decent time to do that.

They really diverted attention to the non main characters for a couple of chapters, I'll be honest I don't really care for many of the side characters. I wanted to see more of Hori and Miya interaction more than anything.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

6 hours ago, Belgarionbg said:

[/spoiler]

apB4Z7B_700b.jpg

xD

Putin's my man Onodera FTW!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

So I'm now on episode 12 of K-On's second season and I gotta say, this show really went downhill. Its basically how I thought the first season was gonna be. The first season kinda surprised me with how it was more focused on the band/music aspect than what people said online, which was basically "its a show about nothing".

the second season is literally about nothing now. I just watched an entire episode on how its hot in the summer.... This is really really fucking boring. Its kinda disappointing after the first season.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

1 hour ago, Tr3vor said:

So I'm now on episode 12 of K-On's second season and I gotta say, this show really went downhill. Its basically how I thought the first season was gonna be. The first season kinda surprised me with how it was more focused on the band/music aspect than what people said online, which was basically "its a show about nothing".

the second season is literally about nothing now. I just watched an entire episode on how its hot in the summer.... This is really really fucking boring. Its kinda disappointing after the first season.

Sounds about right, I really didn't care for season two either.

finished watching the seven deadly sins. contrary to what i said earlier about this show, it managed to turn itself around towards the end. but i still think there's some flaws to this show i can't really overlook. probably the most glaring one is exposition. it really dragged on with this problem around the middle of the season. because of that i was starting to have second doubts to what this show is trying to accomplish and whether or not i should care. luckily it became more clear as the plot reached its climax. but the fact that it took that long to actually clarify stuff was pretty off. in addition some of the battles were just lackluster. fortunately there weren't too many of those but the ones that were felt like the characters were fighting for no real reason. and the final battle of the season still had its drab moments. speaking of drab, the dialogue is pretty predictable and sometimes corny that i shudder once i hear them. but it's to be expected as this is a shounen. funny i say that cause the show started getting quite dark towards the latter half. 

i would say more but i think what i said sums it up. solid 7/10 

On 9/5/2016 at 5:44 PM, BashZeStampeedo said:

Recently i've been reading a manga called "Bokura no kiseki" it has a pretty interesting story so far and a great style of storytelling, the cons being that it can be confusing at times with all the characters that look so similar and the possible plot holes that could arise with time.

You should check it out if you have time, but give it at least 3 chapters since around that chapter is when the plot starts to pick up the pace nicely, or that's when you'll realize that that manga isn't for you :P

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

I see that people are showing off their (none-anime) purchases in this thread.

I just got these fine books delivered to me in the mail today.

Spoiler

DSC01671new.jpg

The art book got a really cool feature. You download an app and then you can use your phone as x-ray vision.

Some pages are also layered (celluloid style) so you can remove stuff layer by layer.

41 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I see that people are showing off their (none-anime) purchases in this thread.

I just got these fine books delivered to me in the mail today.

Hide contents

DSC01671new.jpg

The art book got a really cool feature. You download an app and then you can use your phone as x-ray vision.

Some pages are also layered (celluloid style) so you can remove stuff layer by layer.

i really should not be surprised about the x ray vision lol

Just now, Charger said:

is it just me or do random things in that look oddly like they have the old red blue 3d effect on them lol

It indeed does.

So I started watching "Lost Village", so far so good, 3 episodes in. I've heard complaints that there are too many characters but about by the end of the 2nd episode I think I get a good feel of who the characters are, and they're all fucking nuts.

Also, has anyone else been buying the Nichijou mangoes in english, now that they're coming out?

20160511_205341.jpg

51 minutes ago, Tr3vor said:

So I started watching "Lost Village", so far so good, 3 episodes in. I've heard complaints that there are too many characters but about by the end of the 2nd episode I think I get a good feel of who the characters are, and they're all fucking nuts.

Really?, I have it on hold, I just watched the first 3 episodes and I didn't find it confusing but the characters are soooo annoying!

I'll probably pick it up at a later time.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

1 hour ago, azurezeed said:

Really?, I have it on hold, I just watched the first 3 episodes and I didn't find it confusing but the characters are soooo annoying!

I'll probably pick it up at a later time.

I think they're supposed to be a bit insane in a way. They're supposed to be social rejects and the sort, so I guess they're all just fucked up. I guess that can come off as annoying.

Although there is one character I really don't like, that edgelord chick in the yellow jacket.

Lost village is starting to remind me a lot of Town of Salem or something.

7 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

@wolfgang Look at all those Marks of Excellence.... 

45c9f4e0c5063e855c6f2debc6825c690e313e6b

Not many on there. Although for a PZ.IV it may be a lot.

I want to play tanks again. No free time.

Blarg

5 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

oh righty lets see what i can draw with this new tablet of mine if  i cbf'ed:D

Which Intuos is that? I got the draw, personally, but it seems a tad small.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

1 hour ago, Crowes said:

Which Intuos is that? I got the draw, personally, but it seems a tad small.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Chibi editon?  I'll let myself out.

lol its a wacom Intuos pen & touch medium(CHT 680)

lives on

BAKABT

9 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

oh righty lets see what i can draw with this new tablet of mine if  i cbf'ed:D

DSC00733.JPG

damn I need to get one of those

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

um....JPG

But, the game isn't even out yet. xD

I wonder how long the campaign is.

1 hour ago, CatCloud said:

Sup
Did i miss anything fun?

Atw1nyW.gif
Edit: oh wow this forum is still a slow loading shitshow with that annoying Quote system

nope and yep.

16 hours ago, Technicolors said:

damn I need to get one of those

inb4 talking about the sticker

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono