Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Hi everyone , just a random starnger walking by dropping something that you might like : Smokin'Parade : If Psycho-Pass and Five Nights At Freddy's have a baby... Surprising outcome though.

004.jpgMain.jpg

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

15 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

False, that's neither Nina nor the dog.  It's the hybrid of the two called a human chimera.  

Either way it is inhumane, barbaric and sad... Really really sad...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

8 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

I know some people are too hyped about it, the spiders arc and greed island were really good, but I'll be damned it if just didn't go dragon ball in the following ones. I mean ... we have Cell , someone going dark ssj ( pretty sure sonic did that first) and a wish granting entity to fix some problems. :/

I did not like the last arc until we got to see that amazing battle between Meruem and Netero. I actually had like almost a half-year - year pause because I couldn't just go with the flow when the Chrimera Ant Arc started :D

The very last arc was kinda rushed but I liked the ending.

I hype over the HxH and I almost consider it as the "best" anime I have ever watched, even though It has many flaws. (For example Gon stays as Gon...)

I still like FMA Brotherhood more because the story was more appealing to me and amazing considering that they only used like 60 episodes?

Still on the journey to find anime... though this season is not that promising. Continued Diamond no Ace s2 and dropped everything else besides Iron Fortress of Kabaneri, Joker Game, Re: Zero Kara sth and Boku no Hero Academia. I almost stopped watching Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikutsu cuz I felt that it used that immortality thing and going back in time too much.

EDIT: Arcs I enjoyed the most were Hunter Exam Arc and Greed Island Arc.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Btw Watched this anime called Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu no Utage like 7 ep. Still know nothing about the main character  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

(It has 12 episodes but maybe s2 coming?)  I only know that the main character is genius and super talented . . .

17 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

I know some people are too hyped about it, the spiders arc and greed island were really good, but I'll be damned it if just didn't go dragon ball in the following ones. I mean ... we have Cell , someone going dark ssj ( pretty sure sonic did that first) and a wish granting entity to fix some problems. :/

I felt that Greed Island was a slog for almost no real payoff. I agree on Yorknew of course, but aside from that I found the latter parts of the Hunter Exam arc to be the most entertaining aside from the obvious moments in Heaven's Tower. I haven't seen Chimera Ant though, and I can totally understand why people wouldn't like the Hunter Exam arc in the modern anime (the '99 one had the directing to back up the content and didn't feel as flat and childish for the material).

It has been such a long time since I've been on here, anything this season worth watching? 

Deleted code is debugged code.

1 hour ago, zymax_be said:

It has been such a long time since I've been on here, anything this season worth watching? 

Depends on your taste, but JoJo, My Hero Academia and Kiznaiver are good.

5 hours ago, zymax_be said:

Most of the anime airing are semi-decent, but the only ones that kind of stand out in terms of overall quality aren't getting much attention from the mainsteam crowd (Concrete Revolutio and Gundam Origin). They're predictably spending the season trying to hype the cheap-seats anime up, mostly Kabaneri, Re:Zero, and Hero Academia. Some of the older ones are still trying to get back supporters for Jojo after its Stardust Crusaders slog. I'm mostly sticking with light comedies, as there are a few pretty decent ones (Sansha Sanyou, Rinne, and Luluco). Others are finding the slower slice-of-life series Tanaka and Flying Witch worthwhile, but unfortunately they just bored me despite me liking those kinds of shows when they're done decently. YMMV, of course.

2 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Man if you think Greed Island had no real payoff, don't know what you're gonna say for the Ant arc(excluding Netero, yes he was epic). I always saw GI as a good "reality into game/game into reality" story, it wasn't too long , it introduced rules that everyone had to keep(no main character being OP cause plot armor) and mainly it was the arc that explained how  their unique powers are kind of formed and different uses for the energy that powers them up. In a way it was a world building arc.  

Gon isn't OP or plot-armored? Lolwut xD

All jokes aside, what little world-building they did could have been covered in a 2 or 3 episode arc - the rest was about a pretty nonsensical "CCG" that felt like filler while the author tried to figure out what the plot should do next. The new villains had no depth, the old ones just hung around to make things seem more ominous than they really were, and the only real point seemed to be to give Gon a magic plot macguffin and teach him some new moves. I didn't even get the impression that the characters had grown; just that they could lift more now. Did they really need to spend 16 slow episodes achieving that? I wouldn't mind if the characters were compelling or it felt like people had something to lose, which is probably why I'll enjoy Chimera Ant once I can brave the 100+ episode count, knowing it will probably be a slog through much of it.

9 hours ago, colt92 said:

Depends on your taste, but JoJo, My Hero Academia and Kiznaiver are good.

7 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Most of the anime airing are semi-decent, but the only ones that kind of stand out in terms of overall quality aren't getting much attention from the mainsteam crowd (Concrete Revolutio and Gundam Origin). They're predictably spending the season trying to hype the cheap-seats anime up, mostly Kabaneri, Re:Zero, and Hero Academia. Some of the older ones are still trying to get back supporters for Jojo after its Stardust Crusaders slog. I'm mostly sticking with light comedies, as there are a few pretty decent ones (Sansha Sanyou, Rinne, and Luluco). Others are finding the slower slice-of-life series Tanaka and Flying Witch worthwhile, but unfortunately they just bored me despite me liking those kinds of shows when they're done decently. YMMV, of course.

Thanks for the answers, haven't seen any JoJo so that's not an option :P 
Can you watch Gundam Origin without seeing the original? That reminds me I still have to finish Iron-Blooded Orphans, I liked that show.

Concrete Revolutio looks awesome and I might pick it up too, Hero Academia will get a chance.

I heard Kiznaiver is a bit dull, it has a good story but not so interesting characters.

2 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Gon isn't OP or plot-armored? Lolwut xD

All jokes aside, what little world-building they did could have been covered in a 2 or 3 episode arc - the rest was about a pretty nonsensical "CCG" that felt like filler while the author tried to figure out what the plot should do next. The new villains had no depth, the old ones just hung around to make things seem more ominous than they really were, and the only real point seemed to be to give Gon a magic plot macguffin and teach him some new moves. I didn't even get the impression that the characters had grown; just that they could lift more now. Did they really need to spend 16 slow episodes achieving that? I wouldn't mind if the characters were compelling or it felt like people had something to lose, which is probably why I'll enjoy Chimera Ant once I can brave the 100+ episode count, knowing it will probably be a slog through much of it.

I loved & hated the Chimera Ant arc at the same time. It felt way too long but I loved the characters and the story, they really just stretched it for my tastes. 

http://goboiano.com/news/4428-japanese-idol-in-critical-condition-after-being-stabbed-24-times-by-stalker

guys sorry but i have to cancel my plans of becoming an idol, this shit is crazy

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

4 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

http://goboiano.com/news/4428-japanese-idol-in-critical-condition-after-being-stabbed-24-times-by-stalker

guys sorry but i have to cancel my plans of becoming an idol, this shit is crazy

wtf.... "While Tomohiro was released after the stabbing incident, the police plan to re-arrest him for attempted murder." how the fuck do you release someone that stabbed someone 24 times...

5 hours ago, zymax_be said:

Can you watch Gundam Origin without seeing the original?

Yes, it's basically a retelling of the original Gundam series.

3 hours ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

You know if these were complaints for some 12 or 24 episode anime/story they might have made sense. But if you're expecting and wanting a tight story progression with every episode on a 100+ episode  anime, you're literally expecting the impossible and complaining it ain't happening. Please do give an example of such a thing I would gladly sit down and watch it.

Well, I'm not demanding "tight" story progression from HxH... how would I have even gotten to Greed Island at all otherwise? The difference between GI and the previous arcs for me is that it didn't feel like much was accomplished in those 16 episodes; I'm not concerned that it wasn't tightly written. Besides, why should we sugarcoat criticism just because the anime is a longer one? When it could have been told just as well in half the episodes, then I get a bit annoyed. When it feels like it's just spinning its wheels, I start to get a bit frustrated. That's all it really is. It's not like I haven't complained about padding in shorter anime too :)

22 hours ago, zymax_be said:

Boku no Hero Academia (I wanna be a herooo ~. Kind of refreshing, haven't really watched Hero things), Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Like Attack on Titan in a nutshell), Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu ("Time travelling" or going to "save points" ;) Currently a lot of repetition, I wonder if 25 ep. will get VERY boring because of the strategy they picked as a main thing or sth...), Joker Game (Spies, episodic)

22 hours ago, zymax_be said:

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable is GAR action at it's finest.

Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto is a fun show about a guy that is impossibly perfect.

Gundam Thunderbolt recently ended which was great space mecha action.

Gundam The Origin just got it's third episode. Less mecha action, more grounded in political intricacies and military action. It's an OVA retelling of the original Gundam if I'm not mistaken. In any case it's one of the best anime of recent years and should be watched.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

23 hours ago, zymax_be said:

Boku no Hero Academia, Tanka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 

Just watched the latest ep of  Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu  and loved it as usual.

It has a lot of repetition to demonstrate the kind of suffering and pain he is going through and I think is portrayed very well but I don't think you understood it

and though that it was a simple copy and paste in the script. I recommend dropping this if you don't understand because why would you watch something you don't understand? If you want to understand give some episodes a re-watch and try to really take in the plot and especially the pain he has to go through.

On 5/22/2016 at 4:34 PM, zymax_be said:

Boku no Hero Academia (I wanna be a herooo ~. Kind of refreshing, haven't really watched Hero things), Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Like Attack on Titan in a nutshell), Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu ("Time travelling" or going to "save points" ;) Currently a lot of repetition, I wonder if 25 ep. will get VERY boring because of the strategy they picked as a main thing or sth...), Joker Game (Spies, episodic)

This is @Typho

New to the forum! Treat me well please :3 as I am a noob

3 hours ago, MineralMining said:

Just watched the latest ep of  Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu  and loved it as usual.

It has a lot of repetition to demonstrate the kind of suffering and pain he is going through and I think is portrayed very well but I don't think you understood it

and though that it was a simple copy and paste in the script. I recommend dropping this if you don't understand because why would you watch something you don't understand? If you want to understand give some episodes a re-watch and try to really take in the plot and especially the pain he has to go through.

This is @Typho

Your typho?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

48 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Your typho?

at typho lol. no.

In reply to typho i meant. @ is in at.

fuck. xD

New to the forum! Treat me well please :3 as I am a noob

6 hours ago, MineralMining said:

I don't think you understood it

This is among the shittiest excuses fanboys make. You are not a special individual with more discerning tastes than the rest. They didn't like it, your opinion to the contrary means nothing.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

18 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Yes, it's basically a retelling of the original Gundam series.

13 hours ago, Typho said:

Boku no Hero Academia (I wanna be a herooo ~. Kind of refreshing, haven't really watched Hero things), Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Like Attack on Titan in a nutshell), Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu ("Time travelling" or going to "save points" ;) Currently a lot of repetition, I wonder if 25 ep. will get VERY boring because of the strategy they picked as a main thing or sth...), Joker Game (Spies, episodic)

13 hours ago, Avericious said:

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable is GAR action at it's finest.

Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto is a fun show about a guy that is impossibly perfect.

Gundam Thunderbolt recently ended which was great space mecha action.

Gundam The Origin just got it's third episode. Less mecha action, more grounded in political intricacies and military action. It's an OVA retelling of the original Gundam if I'm not mistaken. In any case it's one of the best anime of recent years and should be watched.

12 hours ago, mosin40 said:

Boku no Hero Academia, Tanka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge 

I'll probably pick up Boku no Hero Academia and Gundam the Origin, those look like interesting things

Finished Soul Eater, and I'm wondering if I should watch Soul Eater NOT!

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

5 hours ago, I need a better name said:

Finished Soul Eater, and I'm wondering if I should watch Soul Eater NOT!

i did not even know that was a thing lol