Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
14 hours ago, Vlazzy said:

ello

Greetings, not much club activity at the moment. Club reboot is on the way.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I feel like the piano in the beginning is from some anime..? And wtf, banjo kazooie music = hotline bling?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

47 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

I feel like the piano in the beginning is from some anime..? And wtf, banjo kazooie music = hotline bling?

Haha another fucking onlyafro video.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

dark souls 3 is rather fun. I have just beat  Pontiff Sulyvahn so im what like half way through the game so far.

On 2/5/2016 at 6:34 PM, BashZeStampeedo said:

To me it was like watching kitten videos on YouTube, for the most part. I would certainly have appreciated a bit more than what we got, both in terms of variance and a sense of progression.

Speaking of which, that's why I consider it a "slice of nothing" series more than a "slice of life" one. Aside from a couple of episodes, I never got the feeling that anything was progressing. Contrast with Aria, where it felt like the girls were progressing in their quests to become ace gondoliers, and every time they reached a milestone it actually felt like they had earned it. Not sure if I'm the only person who cares about such distinctions in their moe anime, but there you go :)

I actually think that "slice of nothing" is perfect to describe it.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

@Charger Yo I'll set up a pm group sometime this week. Got some ideas, need to review em with you guys(Staff). 

@TheProfosist You still with us(Staff)? 

Finally fucking Phanteks is going to put that dam Phanteks ATX Evolv Tempered Glass version on the market... I can finally finish my build and proceed with other things...

3 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

@Charger Yo I'll set up a pm group sometime this week. Got some ideas, need to review em with you guys(Staff). 

Do you think we can fold our old DWT forums into this too, Fred? Or would that be better kept as its own thing?

13 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Do you think we can fold our old DWT forums into this too, Fred? Or would that be better kept as its own thing?

i kind of forgot about that place lol

Just now, Charger said:

Well, I figure it'd be nifty to have both in one place, if we're overhauling things anyway. It *is* related to anime, plus there is a new official Spice and Wolf project going on, so it could kill two birds with one stone.

started watching the seven deadly sins. i'm liking the shounen approach 

4 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

3 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well, I figure it'd be nifty to have both in one place, if we're overhauling things anyway. It *is* related to anime, plus there is a new official Spice and Wolf project going on, so it could kill two birds with one stone.

3 hours ago, Charger said:

Sounds good to me but how do you want to go about it? 

The new official project, the translations your working one with the other brilliant fellow?

22 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Sounds good to me but how do you want to go about it? 

The new official project, the translations your working one with the other brilliant fellow?

I don't think I can say much without knowing more about how the overhaul is already being planned... I guess we can chat about it on TeamSpeak if you've got some time? Really all we'd probably want is a thread or other way to share info on the translations, and maybe a similar sub-thread for them to discuss them if they'd like. If possible, also a mailing list we could send notices to those who want to be notified when a release happens?

5 hours ago, I need a better name said:

Just finished Full Metal Alchemist (2003) and i'll start watching The Conqueror Of Shamballa now.

I hope you plan on watching Brotherhood too, if you haven't already.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

so, as i continue to watch the seven deadly sins... is it just me or does it feel like it's rushed?  i'm not getting nearly enough exposition for me to care about certain characters or events. and the battles... some of them feel 'off'. i'll see how it'll turn out as i'm almost done, but i think i'm seeing a fatal flaw to this adaptation.. 

2 hours ago, Technicolors said:

so, as i continue to watch the seven deadly sins... is it just me or does it feel like it's rushed?  i'm not getting nearly enough exposition for me to care about certain characters or events. and the battles... some of them feel 'off'. i'll see how it'll turn out as i'm almost done, but i think i'm seeing a fatal flaw to this adaptation.. 

I believe it's the 1st season of an anime with more seasons, maybe that explains some shit?

Ima finish watching Boku Dake ga inai machi. I watched the 1st episode and i liked it, but life happened and never continued.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

9 hours ago, azurezeed said:

I hope you plan on watching Brotherhood too, if you haven't already.

I've already seen Brotherhood, and finished The Conqueror Of Shamballa last night. Is there any more FMA stuff i should watch (plz i need moar)

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

apB4Z7B_700b.jpg

xD

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

11 hours ago, eelnico09 said:

I believe it's the 1st season of an anime with more seasons, maybe that explains some shit?

this one has 24 episodes. i'm nearing the end now but the show is losing a lot of exposition. now things are happening just because they are

10 hours ago, I need a better name said:

I've already seen Brotherhood, and finished The Conqueror Of Shamballa last night. Is there any more FMA stuff i should watch (plz i need moar)

I think there is another movie. Star of something.

Blarg

Oh yeah, anime and manga... let's see, what have I watched/read lately....

Rinne S2 (5). so-so.
This was a laid-back ep that had three parts to it, surprisingly. It felt more like DVD specials they decided to pad the series out with. Thankfully they were pretty decent sketches, and as usual the deadpan delivery of the over-the-top jokes was a chuckle-worthy combination. Especially Masato's entrance and his demon army summons.

Sansha Sanyou (5). decent.
This ep filled time pretty well, despite not doing much that we haven't already seen. And yet, it does take a skilled hand to pull this off without it feeling repetitive or tiresome, so I'll give them that. Involving the entire cast and showing how they bounce off one another was a nice touch, especially how they demonstrated everyone's "place in the pack" and how much the show loves its body language. A couple parts were a bit too hackneyed for my tastes, but it worked as a whole.

Space Patrol Luluco (6). decent.
The Samurai Pizza Cats-esque launch gun in this episode was cute. As for the rest, it was just the right kind of silly nonsense to put a smile on my face. I usually like these FLCL-esque "what the hell is going on" shows. I like the little bits of goofy animation they're putting in here, like when the city was folded up into a box to be delivered.

Girl Meets Bear (6). awkward.
Wow, this show is odd. I'm not even sure whether it's supposed to be a comedy. At first it felt like they were peeling back the layers to reveal that Machi is actually a traumatized little girl with a severe anxiety disorder, who wants to leave home because even the people around her are jackasses about it. Seriously, Natsu? Getting mad at her for having a panic attack that you instigated? And what's with Yoshio, who knew it was too much for her, yet still took her to the mall and tried pushing her into a store while she was having an obvious panic attack? Yikes. And this after an episode where she was freaking out while an older girl was basically bullying her for freaking out. Then in the last few minutes it felt like they didn't know how to end it and just decided to try to get out of jail free. I can't help but wonder if they know how this show is coming across at times.

My Hero Academia (6). decent.
Not too bad. With the plot having settled down a bit there's less room for plotholes and awkward scripting. This episode may have been all setup, and it wasn't particularly well animated, but it certainly did the trick. They're characterizing the other characters more, keeping it moving, and managing to save a lot of budget (hopefully for the next arc after this one). Aside from their problem of not really being able to give their "villains" clear motivations for their villainy, this seems like it'll be able to at least do the manga relative justice without just being fanservice junk. Still a shame they aren't taking more risks, but I guess if that's the price to pay for it being an okay series, then I'll suck it up.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c323-325). so-so.
This is a kinda disappointing place to go on hiatus, but if they need a breather to come up with better material, then I'm all for it.

Actually, I'm... manga (c123). good.
This was a good chapter for character-based humor. It was pretty on-the-nose stuff, but it all fit together nicely into a comedy ball of sorts. Then the ball exploded, like that weird grenade-thing stuffed into Oka's mouth. I was of course expecting this twist (and that it's also another red herring) but I just hope it's part of some good character development for super pervert. It might also make for a very fun set of ideas for ninja girl. After all, Shiho isn't just one personality.

Otoyomegatari manga (c55). decent.
It's kinda nice to see them taking the slower burn with Pariya here, though I hope they make build up some momentum as they do so. There are only so many ways these stories tend to go, after all, so it's always annoying to not feel like the payoff was worth the trip. With luck there will be enough to balance out her crippling anxiety at least. So far, it's half-decent, if a bit contrived.