Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
3 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

https://gyazo.com/d92c8512c19199ee5a92c1977d139b45

So i just finished Chaika the coffin princess

The ending is so shit that i think the rest of the decent anime is shit. Like seriously if you want to watch this then stop at ep 9 before the cancerous final act starts. 

its just deus ex machina this shit and that shit and oh lets just kill off this main character(not the guy above) for shock factor. Literally tries to outrun a laser beam, his lacky goes sideways, he goes fucking forwards, IS HE FUCKING RETARDED, WHAT THE FUCK. 

Man i am pissed, ending an anime is hard to do but dont pull this sort of shit, its retarded. 

Sorry for the rant 

i said the exact same thing when i finished that show. geez was it dull as hell. i dunno how i managed to finish it 

1 hour ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

What a terribly dull anime Chaika was. Like eating plain rice crackers. Godawful soundtrack too. As bad as they were, the endings to each season were the most interesting things about it. I count it as one the most average anime ever, along with the likes of Dog Days.

Not sure what you mean, but I paused on watching Digi's commentary when he got to Rakudai, since I haven't finished the series yet and want to give it a fair shot. I've heard he was AWFULLY kind to Rakudai though, despite claiming it was a 5 or 6 out of 10. Shows how much he hated Ass War, and I don't begrudge him that. Even based on the first episode it was clear how phoned-in that franchise is. I agree with his statement that people are lazy rating bad/average anime, and based on what he's said about Ass War I agree that it's worse than Rakudai (even adjusting for his bias).

He seemed like he praised Radukai to the point that I couldn't tell if he's saying Radukai was basically a must watch... until he reassured us that he hasn't dropped his standards by episode 12b. When I said that Radukai was a boring version of Ass War, I meant that it never got me actually pumped up (even if that student president has a lightning skill that breaks aspect ratios... I think I've seen that before and it was done much better... I just can't remember it other than knowing something like that was done before and was done better) but it atleast never insulted my intelligence with the bad usage of exposition and pacing was atleast bog standard (point a to point b to point c and so on without some random twist and turns or even speed at unnecessary moments... well, I kinda didn't like how the MC basically got the girl quite too fast... thats where they kinda fucked up pacing for me, but atleast they didn't try to speed it up and slow it down randomly to shove a harem at our faces) and never tried to fuck with it like Ass Wars, and explanation of basically everything.

All of them (Radukai) strangely fit together very well. I mean, both shows follow the same story construction and even have a shitton of parallelism with each other (there's a sister who wants his bro's D, a journalist, a rich fat guy, an authority figure, trump card-figure of the antagonist, random sword girl who fights the main guy, fiery bitches, the list goes on) but start pulling apart with pacing, execution, and, in general, how each one of them are written. But... damn... Digi must be really forgiving when he put Radukai against Ass War. Hell, he gave SAO a new score from 1 to 2 because something else is actually worse than that... and I admittedly enjoyed SAO and I'd give that show a solid 4 out of 10 and I'm somewhat not entirely ashamed of admitting that because atleast Kirito has actual motivation despite that he seems to not only be OP but also have the power of Deus Ex Machina at his disposal compared to Ayato... who's annoying because he's the type to guy to selflessly help but sigh's as if its his job to do it but he hates that job. And the explanation for his power is vague as hell. 

I'm happy that I never watched a lick of Chaika, though. 

On 3/12/2016 at 8:08 AM, helping said:

Concept and production values are nice and all, but hot damn

ERASED plot is actual swiss cheese.

Episode 10 had DeathNote levels of "huh"

Dreadfully bad episode, jesus

I think this anime may have just murdered itself

The only way they can salvage this thing in my eyes is if

Hide contents

sensei is from the future too

otherwise this thing is probably one of the sloppiest anime I've ever watched

On 3/12/2016 at 10:29 AM, BashZeStampeedo said:

Then you haven't been paying attention :) The only traditionally "good" anime this season is the one about Rakugo. Erased is a thriller, and it sounds like it just broke itself for people who aren't just out for a nonsensical emotional ride.

Having read the manga and finished it (or so it says that it is finished)... I'm kind of skeptical with it. Hell, I haven't been able to continue watching it after episode 4 because I was in the hospital for quite a while, they didn't have decent internet connection, I was kinda busy with work, and forgot about it... so I just read the manga since that was strangely easier to load up. Anyways, moving on. I still like Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi as much as I like One Punch Man (I have weird standards. Not really high, but not that low) in a sense that both have their take on something and it produced what I think is an interesting result. But I have to be honest... the teacher being the serial killer... it actually killed it for me. I was actually hoping its the journalist who was the one behind it.

1 hour ago, JuztBe said:

You can watch it there only in SD without premium?

Most things you can watch in sd with out premium but it is normally a week behind as a way to try to get you to pay for it.

If you are asking how I can watch something that is in sd, and not blu ray quality like something seem to think is the only way to watch things, its still far better quality than what I watched when I started watching anime lol.

48 minutes ago, WynLore said:

He seemed like he praised Radukai to the point that I couldn't tell if he's saying Radukai was basically a must watch...

My friend who just watched his comparison felt that Digi was just too happy to see some marginal competence in Rakudai compared to Ass War, and I agree. I mean, I watched up until the end of where he reviewed episode 2, and it felt like he temporarily lost his mind for a bit there. Episode two of Rakudai was garbage, so Ass War's second episode had to be pretty awful for him to praise it like he did. For him to say Rakudai was a 5 or 6 out of 10 and then praise it the way he did was going way past wanting to show people that there are different degrees of bad and crossed over into making it sound like the anime was actually pretty good (which it isn't 8 eps in, despite doing something refreshingly atypical for its genre).

39 minutes ago, WynLore said:

Having read the manga and finished it (or so it says that it is finished)... I'm kind of skeptical with it.

Hmm, spoilertastic spoilers sure are spoilery (not that I truly care, but it's harder to care about finishing it knowing that they just do the obvious, since they weren't doing it particularly well in hindsight).

1 hour ago, Typho said:

I am a little bit skeptical to be honest, but I am going to start Trigun.

The anime is as old as I am so let's see how it goes ;)

It starts off lighter hearted and gets more serious later. It didn't appeal all that much to some fans until that change-over, so it's worth bearing in mind.

22 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

It starts off lighter hearted and gets more serious later. It didn't appeal all that much to some fans until that change-over, so it's worth bearing in mind.

Yea at first it seems little bit "silly", but now I am very excited for the serious part ;)

Somehow I have already adjusted to art style o.O 

I have difficulties usually in adjusting to mech and sci-fi flying space ships xD

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Just started watching Non Non Biyori, and I like it about as much as Memejou.

:forsenPuke:

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

On 10/9/2015 at 7:29 PM, helping said:

...yeah, Florida man is pretty insane.

likely just a combination of low population density, high nominal population compared to other states, pretty high crime rate, and local media.

there are also some intrinsic features of Southern America that are more social and societal that could help explain that, but that's too much typing for me to bother with it and probably below your interest anyway.

Quote from the past! The background music is not fitting to the content....

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Finished Toradora yesterday, enjoyed it very much, FeelsGoodMan.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

1 hour ago, Benji_w said:

Finished Toradora yesterday, enjoyed it very much, FeelsGoodMan.

Sub or dub?

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

7 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Sub or dub?

Why would I ever watch an anime dubbed? I enjoy my hearing.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

4 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

Ayyy. This guy. This guy gets it.

Not to mention every character sounds almost identical.

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

23 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

18 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Ayyy. This guy. This guy gets it.

Not to mention every character sounds almost identical.

Oh you ignorant people! Because certain anime have great dubs witch offers much better watching experience(what a surprise). 

I agree with toradora tho, usually slice of life, comedy and romantic series works better with subs.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

7 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

Oh you ignorant people! Because certain anime have great dubs witch offers much better watching experience(what a surprise). 

I agree with toradora tho, usually slice of life, comedy and romantic series works better with subs.

No thanks, I cba with dubbed, in the last 10 years I've given them several chances, and it's not for me. Don't be ignorant.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

13 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

6 minutes ago, Benji_w said:

No thanks, I cba with dubbed, in the last 10 years I've given them several chances, and it's not for me. Don't be ignorant.

To be fair, Akira and any Ghibli film in dubbed isn't bad. Like JustBe said, it's usually the slow-paced stuff like SoL, Romance, and Toradora! is a great example of that. Shame, these are my favorite genres.

8 minutes ago, Crowes said:

To be fair, Akira and any Ghibli film in dubbed isn't bad. Like JustBe said, it's usually the slow-paced stuff like SoL, Romance, and Toradora! is a great example of that. Shame, these are my favorite genres.

Even Akira and Ghibli I prefer dubbed. Just my preference sorry if that offends overly sensitive people in the thread.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

On 10/11/2015 at 6:06 PM, MyInnerFred said:

Public Service Announcement! 

SVP version 4.0 is out! Go get it!

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page

YZtEUIz.jpg

I just installed this, does it actually help?

On 10/12/2015 at 5:36 PM, Benji_w said:

Holy crap I come back to this thread and read all that, anyway question for you all in regards to that subject. My girlfriend is writing a dissertation on "Why Women and Young Girls are over sexualised in Japanese Anime Culture", can you give me some anime that she can watch with several themes:-

• obvious sexualisation
  • subtle sexualisation
  • parody of the above 2
  • the disapproval of the first 2

It's something she's tried to find reason to for quite sometime, but doesn't know which ones to reference, it isn't limited to just anime too can include manga. I think I might get her to watch No Game No Life, Golden Boy, Cowboy Beebop, she watched Prison School and Gangsta too. Reason I'm asking for help is my knowledge is very limited, I don't consume as much anime as some members here so please can you help?

EDIT, Apparently I was barking up the wrong tree as it's changed slightly.

So how'd the GF's feminist dissertation go?

2 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

So how'd the GF's feminist dissertation go?

Great actually the 2 art pieces are pretty cool. It isn't a feminist dissertation btw...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

1 minute ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

These recent posts are why I hate the anti-dub circlejerk. Guys, we don't care if you hate dubs or not. Someone just asked which you watched, not how you feel about them.

Honestly, its all personal preference. I personally abhor Filipino dubs on essentially anything (Korean soap-opera, Anime, almost anything that isn't in Tagalog to say the least) because while the voice work is decent, the translation, scripting, and directing... are terrible, IMHO. But hey, there are people who like them and they don't bother me... unless they force me to watch it (thankfully, they don't). Plus I have the option to just watch the subbed version or dubbed in any other language.

I apologise for my behaviour earlier, im just under a lot of stress right now and as a result im irritant as hell right now. I'll be better in the future. 

Now back on topic has anything good come out this year, ive barely watched any anime so ive been way out of touch 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Have almost completed Trigun ;)

Good thing I decided to dump some cr*ppy anime and watched this :D

I still am feeling a little bit weird because Vash doesn't "use" his gun,

Now I am at least somehow okay with that. It still is pretty naive, but I find the story quite unique. 

Got definitely better after the "very goofy" start to enjoyable/silly in a good way.

Wondering if I should start watching Cowboy bebop (more seriously now) :P

Does it have a lot of space things?

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

1 hour ago, Typho said:

Have almost completed Trigun ;)

Good thing I decided to dump some cr*ppy anime and watched this :D

I still am feeling a little bit weird because Vash doesn't "use" his gun,

Now I am at least somehow okay with that. It still is pretty naive, but I find the story quite unique. 

Got definitely better after the "very goofy" start to enjoyable/silly in a good way.

Wondering if I should start watching Cowboy bebop (more seriously now) :P

Does it have a lot of space things?

Well trying not to kill people isn't really a bad thing lol. Have you watched Rurouni Kenshin? It kind of goes along with that idea as well. In both the main character are some of the best at what they do yet they both would rather not kill anyone.