Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

What itll probably be min $30 if not $50. If its good? Are you mad? Its one of the best in the series! If you had a Gamecube and did have this game you werent doing it right.

Its a tales game I know what im getting and they bribed me with another free game that I put over 130 hours in all with friends on the gamecube. I can make an exception.

JRPG with decent to good graphics on PC (for a JRPG on PC anyway)?

Insta-buy. This will be my first ever Tales of... game. Any recommendations?

The pre-order rule doesn't count for remakes imo. You literally know what you are getting. Like with FFX/X-2 HD, Kingdom Hearts HD and such. 

Games that stick to a certain formula can't be trusted imo. Dark Souls II burned me bad on pre-order. I didn't realize it had been made by someone other than Miyazaki (The King's Field/Demon's Souls guy, not the Ghibli guy). So I am uncertain with that stuff. 

@helping

This presents the dilemma we as PC gamers face. Do we not pre-order (which shows more support than buying after launch) and lessen our impact on making more games available for PC on launch (ESPECIALLY JRPGs), or do we pre-order and possibly give money to a game that could (even if unlikely) be shit. 

sigh there's two ways to lose, but there's two ways to win. 50/50. I like those odds. 

I think I should try out some older Tales of games to see if I like them (since apparently they stick to a formula) before making a decision.

Aww shit, didn't know this existed.

http://jb2448.info/

No more scavenging for chapters/volumes online. 

Red is such a badass. He's even drawn badass.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The pre-order rule doesn't count for remakes imo. You literally know what you are getting. Like with FFX/X-2 HD, Kingdom Hearts HD and such. 

Games that stick to a certain formula can't be trusted imo. Dark Souls II burned me bad on pre-order. I didn't realize it had been made by someone other than Miyazaki (The King's Field/Demon's Souls guy, not the Ghibli guy). So I am uncertain with that stuff. 

@helping

This presents the dilemma we as PC gamers face. Do we not pre-order (which shows more support than buying after launch) and lessen our impact on making more games available for PC on launch (ESPECIALLY JRPGs), or do we pre-order and possibly give money to a game that could (even if unlikely) be shit. 

sigh there's two ways to lose, but there's two ways to win. 50/50. I like those odds. 

I'm not a nerd I don't play games where everyone speaks chinese

I didn't know it was a remake, only that it was a port.

And ports are hit or miss, but game doesn't look particularly great so I can't imagine it being hard to run unoptimized.

Regardless, I still wouldn't preorder out of principle in the situation of exclusives (idk if this is)

Error: 410

And ports are hit or miss, but game doesn't look particularly great so I can't imagine it being hard to run unoptimized.

Regardless, I still wouldn't preorder out of principle in the situation of exclusives (idk if this is)

The remake thing was regarding Tales of Symphonia. 

Zestiria is a new Tales of game.

@TheProfosist

Tales of Zestiria or wtv has Local Co-op tag on Steam. Explain, o wizard.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah pre order tend to be a hit or miss.

Same with ports.

But eh... Pre ordering... I pre order physical games more than digital.

2 Good reason why:

1 I dont have to pay till it arrived like digital have to(aka pre purchase).

2 my retailer tends to give a better value for it. Like battlefront, a 31 inch big storm trooper... How about that?

@Vitalius local Co op, each players controls 1 character each, or swap between 2 each.

I remember the 1v1 battle mode In star ocean 3, fun times.

@TheProfosist

*Looks over at gmaecube copy of symphonia* I'll just emulate it on dolphin under linux. will probably get better results.

Probably local co-op with one keyboard and one controller. or two controllers. Symphonia had local co-op for the main story on gamecube.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Yeah pre order tend to be a hit or miss.

Same with ports.

But eh... Pre ordering... I pre order physical games more than digital.

2 Good reason why:

1 I dont have to pay till it arrived like digital have to(aka pre purchase).

2 my retailer tends to give a better value for it. Like battlefront, a 31 inch big storm trooper... How about that?

@Vitalius local Co op, each players controls 1 character each, or swap between 2 each.

I remember the 1v1 battle mode In star ocean 3, fun times.

i mean

you preordered games to deal with physical availability to guarantee a copy and avoid likely waiting in lines to pay for it

...for obvious reasons these aren't issues for digital goods, so I don't understand why it's an option anyway.

Error: 410

@helping

I think I should try out some older Tales of games to see if I like them (since apparently they stick to a formula) before making a decision.

Go pre-order now so that you get Symphonia. It comes out tomorrow!!!

Dude you cant not like Tales, trust me.

Ports can suck depending who is doing the port. they showed a bunch of previews. It looks like no 60fps on Zestiria or Symphonia. A bummer for symphonia since when it was on Gamecube it had it. With the semi hack and slash fighting I guess it could help. The big bummer is the port of symphonia doesnt have the cell shading of gamecube which was great. This is because its the PS3 port which also didnt have it.

Either way i know ill enjoy the games since they are great in general!

Mixed.

Some things were good, and other bad.

Still a bit confused but its cool.

i mean

you preordered games to deal with physical availability to guarantee a copy and avoid likely waiting in lines to pay for it

...for obvious reasons these aren't issues for digital goods, so I don't understand why it's an option anyway.

I dunno, never bothered to find out although I'm sure the answer is pretty obvious if one were to find out.

Either way, i love my retailer <3.

I should have signed up for that job offer they had last month.

Sigh.

So anyways since we are on the subject of gaming.

Black Desert, I gave it an hour yday. They clearly put a lot of effort into the face of the characters...

But the rest is... Mediocre as to be expected.

Combat is satisfaction to the max and I can't wait to get home so I can try another class, who btw are gender locked... Uuuugghhhh. And there is no lore behind them like in Vindictus.

I also need to play more with the options as I have noticed poping in some places...

Zestria? Launches on everything that day, previous was exclusive to PS4 in Japan. Symphonia has been on Gamecube and PS3.

@TheProfosist

Well its a remake of a port. Its based on the PS3 version which was a port of the gamecube version.

yes Zestiria was only previously released on PS4 in Japan and is now launching on everything including PC world wide. Im so happy so see PC on launch.

yeah local co-op is a RPG you can play together with friends. Almost exclusive during fighting but each physical person plays a character.

*Looks over at gmaecube copy of symphonia* I'll just emulate it on dolphin under linux. will probably get better results.

Probably local co-op with one keyboard and one controller. or two controllers. Symphonia had local co-op for the main story on gamecube.

I lost my copy and my gamecube 1024 memory card was in there I think last i remembered I had 184 hrs in my main game of symphonia. Who knows how many in Melee

Id rather just support the dev and play it on PC. Graphics wise it may actually be better on Doplphin since 60fps and cell shading but that's also additional work for one game.

Symphonia you could have up to 4, one person per player. Otherwise you told them computer where and how to play that character though options.

i mean

mostly for advertising purposes. Is it really a pre-order when you do it one day before to get another whole game?

Luckily I skipped the gamecube so i must have been doing it right.

>_<

the fuck is this

1368273515413.jpg

so is a soggy leaf on her head?

jd7mq.gif

heh spiderman stuff 

post-121932-0-16570500-1445208414_thumb.

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

That is a mob cap.

-snip-

so its hitting her up for protection money for her head? Or does having one make her in the mob? (later seems less likely)

Yay for having time to read some manga!

Actually, I'm... manga (v5-v11c96). great.

This manga has a knack for being silly in just the right ways to keep me reading. Even if the elements aren't very original, they ramp things up in silly character-driven ways that just... work somehow. Misunderstanding-based humor isn't exactly hard to pull off, but how often do you find a series that can keep raising the bar, while keeping its cast of archetypal idiots likable? Even the one-off sketches can actually be hilarious (Magical Akalyn had me in stitches). Best of all, they've also managed to avoid some of the biggest pitfalls of these series while still toying around with the characters a lot. It's good stuff.

Berserk manga (c340). so-so.

It's been a while since I saw Berserk do some real action, and I've gotta be honest: it was underwhelming. I like the concepts just fine, but it didn't feel like the author was putting their heart into it. In fact Berserk is starting to feel too much like it's just giving what you'd simply expect from Berserk, rather than something that the mangaka wants to actually do. I mean, a "war demon" being set on fire, and quenching it with the blood of a horse? Even 13 year old fans of grimdark stuff would find that a tad uninspired from a manga like this.

Ika Musume manga (c312-318). so-so.

Ika Musume keeps on chuggin', but nothing really stood out in this batch to me. I did get a smile out of 315's upgrade for the fake Ika robot, but otherwise it was just filling time.

12144900_564630873683878_237114095586785

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

This manga just keeps getting more ridiculous as the chapters go by.

New Prince of Tennis Golden Age Ch. 145(apparently it's supposed to be the golden age)

004.jpg

more and more bishounen/yaoi fanservice

that's not even the most ridiculous thing in these past chapters

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]