Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I know. First time got no response (or if I did, then I must have missed it somehow), second time's a charm.

Will note those.

orly?

I did. Investopedia has a Stock Market Simulator. If you sign up with Fidelity, you can have access to their stock trading program "Active Trader Pro" which lets you use monopoly money on the real market. And then MarketWatch has it's own "game" stock simulator: http://www.marketwatch.com/game/redditchallenge2015

So there you go.

I'm sick today. Not watching anime. Brush teeth -> prepare for bed -> bed in ~5-30 minutes (may watch youtube as I fall asleep, but I take anime seriously and prefer not to fall asleep to it).

Took my fat PS3 to a repair shop today. $50 to repair it. I was a bit surprised it was just that. The dude was cool. It was a single person owned business and not a chain. He had a bar code scanner for the PS3 and I have a Q-code image I can scan to get updates on my console's repair. Dude is legit. May sell him my slim PS3 as I don't need it after the fat one is working and he may need parts (since it's working).

I need a neti pot. :( My nose is killing me. An itch in your sinus' is so painful, and you can't scratch it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Should I swap my 4460 for a I5 2500k?

might aswell there is little difference in ipc and you can easily make up for then by overclocking it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

but I take anime seriously and prefer not to fall asleep to it

oh man you're really showing us all up with that power level

this is why I keep around some lower quality stuff to play with the intent of falling asleep

Error: 410

this is why I keep around some lower quality stuff to play with the intent of falling asleep

Vitalius seems to be close to Bash's lvl in terms of anime consumption. I may be wrong.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

There's also anime that are perfectly-suited to falling asleep to them, even if you take them seriously.

Vitalius seems to be close to Bash's lvl in terms of anime consumption. I may be wrong.

It might be fun to compare what we've watched sometime, but then I'd have a lot of work ahead of me marking all the stuff I can remember watching before I joined anime-planet.

lol I watched ghost stories that way for a bit I think it is one of the 3 anime I have watched more then once because of that lol

If I'm watching anime subbed I cant fall asleep well i guess i shouldn't say cant because I tried to watch apple seed 3 times and fell asleep to it each time before I finally watched it through lol

Interesting I don't know much about it but I've got a feeling it'll be good.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Should I swap my 4460 for a I5 2500k?

might aswell there is little difference in ipc and you can easily make up for then by overclocking it

Thats exactly why he shouldn't switch.

Why would he downgrade only for overclocking. Its totally pointless.

You say he could make up for the lower IPC by overclocking but then he stands to gain totally nothing.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

It might be fun to compare what we've watched sometime, but then I'd have a lot of work ahead of me marking all the stuff I can remember watching before I joined anime-planet.

Ikr, this is why I can't be arsed to make a list of shows I've seen, dropped and etc etc.

So much wooooork and im good at forgetting stuff. I still can't remember that naval/water world like Anime or that cave man Anime from the 80/90's. Pisses me off.

I dont even know what it is about but i love watching people draw... but that video was meh couldnt see well for most of it (i skipped around) and couldnt understand it so it wasnt entertaining

hmmm my current playlist:

three days grace, limpbizkit, hollywood undead, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, 5 Finger Death Punch, breaking benjamin, slipknot, bullet for my valentine, system of a down, korn, distrubed

I'm gonna be bangin my head for a while.

tumblr_mrzlc8KVk51s6sl0co1_500.gif

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

t might be fun to compare what we've watched sometime, but then I'd have a lot of work ahead of me marking all the stuff I can remember watching before I joined anime-planet.

That's because you're grampa bash.

When i started watching anime i already had a site to list what i was watching, i'm pretty sure i have every single show i've seen on my list, or if i'm missing some it's 2 or 3 not more.

Wait what?

Vitalius i demand you talk more about anime then.

PS: For some reason i just remembered i saw the 1st season of zero no tsukaima and i didn't add it to my list.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

wrapped up katanagatari. and man, was it a good ride. a very good ride. i'm honestly gonna miss watching this show for the first time now 

one thing that bugs me is Shikizaki's objective. i seriously need some clarification on what his objective really was. sounds like he wants to revise history but i wasn't sure in what manner. i guess that the current government was inadequate and he wanted to falsify all records of it? 

@helping think you can chip in? 

also episode 4 (or 5) was the most troll thing ever. feature an epic battle preview with sabi and kyoutouryuu but instead nanami fights the insect squad. nanami's fight was still badass though

I dont even know what it is about but i love watching people draw... but that video was meh couldnt see well for most of it (i skipped around) and couldnt understand it so it wasnt entertaining

Interesting I don't know much about it but I've got a feeling it'll be good.

idk if you guys read it but for the other people that won't, basically the guy did a lot of good work like Haibane, Welcome to NHK, Texhnoloyze, and Serial Experiments Lain

I think it might be similar to Lain, probably a parallel or same setting.

hopefully they keep same-ish artwork and vibes

despera-2.jpg

fNdeWxS.jpg

Xff9ceB.jpg

it looks really fucking cool

something "new" in anime PLS

so hype

@Technicolors

he intended to change history because he foresaw the failure of Japan in the future and decided to change history by ending to shogunate, with the 12 weapons being the tool to do so.

pretty sure that plan fell through

this is what I can remember from it, that point of the plot wasn't too big of a deal to me.

And yeah Nanami was a total boss, sucked they had to kill her off

that episode where she rekt the ninja dudes had me on the floor

idk if you guys read it but for the other people that won't, basically the guy did a lot of good work like Haibane, Welcome to NHK, Texhnoloyze, and Serial Experiments Lain

I think it might be similar to Lain, probably a parallel or same setting.

hopefully they keep same-ish artwork and vibes

despera-2.jpg

fNdeWxS.jpg

it looks really fucking cool

something "new" in anime PLS

so hype

I skimmed some of it when i went there but i was more interested in trying to watch some drawing lol

Thats exactly why he shouldn't switch.

Why would he downgrade only for overclocking. Its totally pointless.

You say he could make up for the lower IPC by overclocking but then he stands to gain totally nothing.

well from my knowledge the difference is very small and he could get more performance if he changed to the 2500k and overclocked it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Feels gewd to finally be home. 

Looks like nearly all the 1st ep of stuff are out, shame I'd probably have to wait till weekend to watch em and drop em.. 

@Technicolors

he intended to change history because he foresaw the failure of Japan in the future and decided to change history by ending to shogunate, with the 12 weapons being the tool to do so.

pretty sure that plan fell through

this is what I can remember from it, that point of the plot wasn't too big of a deal to me.

And yeah Nanami was a total boss, sucked they had to kill her off

that episode where she rekt the ninja dudes had me on the floor

oh, that makes sense then. then kyoutouryuu broke all the blades (that entire process was badass) and killed the current shogun leader. i'm guessing that's the failsafe from the plan falling through. so does that mean history will go its path as normal? 

hmm i thought it was a pretty significant plot point. well it became more apparent in the later episodes.

yeah, it sucked that nanami and togame both died. though the latter death felt like it was coming ever since kyoutouryuu was revealed to be the last Deviant blade 

--

here's some leaked images of the Sunny Days end for UBW (spoilers beware) 

http://imgur.com/a/ijY1w

oh, that makes sense then. then kyoutouryuu broke all the blades (that entire process was badass) and killed the current shogun leader. i'm guessing that's the failsafe from the plan falling through. so does that mean history will go its path as normal? 

hmm i thought it was a pretty significant plot point. well it became more apparent in the later episodes.

yeah, it sucked that nanami and togame both died. though the latter death felt like it was coming ever since kyoutouryuu was revealed to be the last Deviant blade 

--

here's some leaked images of the Sunny Days end for UBW (spoilers beware) 

http://imgur.com/a/ijY1w

do people really eat plain eggs?

was it that hard to add a sprinkle of black pepper or cayenne or something

jesus Ufo get it together

do people really eat plain eggs?

was it that hard to add a sprinkle of black pepper or cayenne or something

jesus Ufo get it together

I usually drown my eggs in soy sauce after cooking it. 

Dunno about the Japanese though. 

<wakes-up-from-a-4-hour-nap-feeling-amazing>

I didn't mean it that way lol.

I prefer to get engrossed in anime. If I'm not completely focused on it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. It's one of the many reasons I find it hard to finish anime. If there's anything to distract me, I don't want to watch it.

Can't feel the feely feels if my phone keeps going off, I'm thinking about a game I really want to play (ATM Disgaea 4), or something like that.

This isn't just for anime. Any show I want to be emotionally invested in has these requirements. It's why, if I actually get to watching a show, I will either watch 1-2 episodes, or 6+.

Depends what you mean.

Do I take it seriously? 10/10 yes.

Do I watch tons of it and dedicate time to do it every day (it seems)? No. No I do not. For the aforementioned reasons.

Do I write reviews over everything I watch or desire to? Nope. I can't critically review things. "I like it." Or "I didn't like it." Is about all I've got. Unless there's some complex theme, comparison, or subject I noticed in the show, but that's not really reviewing the show.

If I feel like I can't commit significantly, I won't do it.

It's one reason I haven't seen many of the good shows out there like Breaking Bad, House of Cards, or Game of Thrones, and I haven't played many of the games in my Steam Library.

Even though they are directly available to me right now, if I am not in the right mood to experience them, I feel like doing so would be a waste of my time, and waste the potential of the show for me to enjoy it.

I'm a picky twat I guess.

And God help me in knowing when the right time is to actually experience them. So far all I've got is "I want moe, and I want it now."

The other more nuanced shows have more difficult triggers in me to find for that "right time to watch them".

I'm also a complicated person, it seems.

So yeah. This is a reason I don't understand how people can watch multiple series at one time (like literally, I think helping has mentioned that when a show hits a level of shit tier, he just has it play in the background to say he " finished it" sometimes while watching other shows).

Again, I feel like that's pointless for me.

Comedy (like stand-up or Game Grumps) is a thing that I can half pay attention to and still enjoy. Any more complex than that and I don't see the point.

I'll stop my tirade now. I need moar sleep. Then maybe I'll watch more VoE (8 episodes left).

I find the best time to watch stuff for me is directly after waking up. My mind is empty, so I'm ready to focus on something. Especially after sick sleep.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.