Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Just finished Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, it lacks the progression you see in Spice and Wolf but the economics were spot on! I enjoyed it, let's see if the manga or novels has more progression!

<wakes-up-from-a-4-hour-nap-feeling-amazing>

I didn't mean it that way lol.

I prefer to get engrossed in anime. If I'm not completely focused on it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. It's one of the many reasons I find it hard to finish anime. If there's anything to distract me, I don't want to watch it.

Can't feel the feely feels if my phone keeps going off, I'm thinking about a game I really want to play (ATM Disgaea 4), or something like that.

This isn't just for anime. Any show I want to be emotionally invested in has these requirements. It's why, if I actually get to watching a show, I will either watch 1-2 episodes, or 6+.

Depends what you mean.

Do I take it seriously? 10/10 yes.

Do I watch tons of it and dedicate time to do it every day (it seems)? No. No I do not. For the aforementioned reasons.

Do I write reviews over everything I watch or desire to? Nope. I can't critically review things. "I like it." Or "I didn't like it." Is about all I've got. Unless there's some complex theme, comparison, or subject I noticed in the show, but that's not really reviewing the show.

If I feel like I can't commit significantly, I won't do it.

It's one reason I haven't seen many of the good shows out there like Breaking Bad, House of Cards, or Game of Thrones, and I haven't played many of the games in my Steam Library.

Even though they are directly available to me right now, if I am not in the right mood to experience them, I feel like doing so would be a waste of my time, and waste the potential of the show for me to enjoy it.

I'm a picky twat I guess.

And God help me in knowing when the right time is to actually experience them. So far all I've got is "I want moe, and I want it now."

The other more nuanced shows have more difficult triggers in me to find for that "right time to watch them".

I'm also a complicated person, it seems.

So yeah. This is a reason I don't understand how people can watch multiple series at one time (like literally, I think helping has mentioned that when a show hits a level of shit tier, he just has it play in the background to say he " finished it" sometimes while watching other shows).

Again, I feel like that's pointless for me.

Comedy (like stand-up or Game Grumps) is a thing that I can half pay attention to and still enjoy. Any more complex than that and I don't see the point.

I'll stop my tirade now. I need moar sleep. Then maybe I'll watch more VoE (8 episodes left).

I find the best time to watch stuff for me is directly after waking up. My mind is empty, so I'm ready to focus on something. Especially after sick sleep.

Haha I see. Everyone may feel complicated by were really all pretty simple if looked at logically. 

Keep watching~!

oh speaking of drawing...

@MyInnerFred I think you may find andriod jones work interesting

I used to be able to find videos if him doing live drawings at concerts and stuff you can see his wacom setup in this interview

and a random performance thing i could find of his

Oh interesting, did you ever get that tablet by the way?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

<wakes-up-from-a-4-hour-nap-feeling-amazing>

I didn't mean it that way lol.

I prefer to get engrossed in anime. If I'm not completely focused on it, I feel like I'm wasting my time. It's one of the many reasons I find it hard to finish anime. If there's anything to distract me, I don't want to watch it.

Can't feel the feely feels if my phone keeps going off, I'm thinking about a game I really want to play (ATM Disgaea 4), or something like that.

This isn't just for anime. Any show I want to be emotionally invested in has these requirements. It's why, if I actually get to watching a show, I will either watch 1-2 episodes, or 6+.

I meant that jokingly

lol, you do the opposite of me then

at one point I remember I'd been playing one episode minutes at a time over the span of nearly a week

Error: 410

How is it?

I have not come to a real conclusion on it yet I still need to mess with it for a bit. I will say it works and works better then the first tablet I owned but that was back in the early 2000s so not sure if that is saying that much lol

wtf playing pokemon notice jynx is purple not black, colour error? 

jynx has been both purple and black , but mostly purple 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I meant that jokingly

lol, you do the opposite of me then

at one point I remember I'd been playing one episode minutes at a time over the span of nearly a week

Ah.

Total opposites indeed.

Just so you know, I'm going somewhere with all this.

I guess I have an addictive personality, but am good at semi-managing/controlling it. It's like... if I want Ice Cream, I don't want a single scoop. I can enjoy a single scoop, but that's not why I personally buy myself Ice Cream (if it's someone else's and they're sharing, ofc I'll just get whatever they get, but even then, I'll eat it all, and I just promise myself to buy them more later). 

If I get Ice Cream because I want Ice Cream, I'm getting a bowl. I'm filling it up and making it look like a mountain with vanilla ice cream. I'm covering that mountain of Ice Cream in chocolate & caramel syrup, then I may add crushed up reeses or oreos. Or liquid marshmallow. 

Then I'll repeat that process a couple of times and sit on my sugar coma for a while.

I'm seeking that coma level enjoyment. This is why I don't eat ice cream very much if I can help it. I don't want diabetes.

I love raw carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, & roasted peanuts, and sun flower seeds. Either I'll eat one constantly, or have all of them on-hand and rotate (but still constantly). And eat until I don't desire to eat anymore. I can drink a medium McDonald milk shake in less than 4 minutes without trying. Then I just feel happy for the next 30 minutes on a shake belly. It's ridiculous and I know it.

I don't get hungry. I've never felt "hungry". But I also never feel full (unless I hit that sick bloated level but I'm good about not doing that). My mother was the same way. She wouldn't eat for literal days because she never felt hungry. Then she'd feel weak because of it and consume an entire box of Oreos with either brownie mix (just the batter, not cooked) or milk because she was craving chocolate. She was not good about controlling it. She didn't enjoy eating. I do.

This is similar with anime in that I want that coma level enjoyment. I want that extreme feels. If I'm not getting that, it doesn't register. I feel like I'm wasting my time. There is no "absent-mindedly consume anime" like there is with food in those things I mentioned (carrots, broccoli, sun flower seeds, peanuts, etc).

This is why I usually eat something I particularly enjoy while watching anime (Ice Cream is a big one). Double enjoyment usually. 

You get the idea. If I watch anime, it has to be something I'm certain I'll enjoy, or I'll do other things with my time. This is obviously a catch-22 for anime because "how am I supposed to know I'll enjoy a show if I haven't watched it yet?" And this is why it's complicated for me to bother to start a series at all or finish it. 

wtf playing pokemon notice jynx is purple not black, colour error? 

They changed that to not be racist because Jynx was a racial stereotype pokemon.

I'm not kidding. It's also why Popo is blue in the newer versions of Dragon Ball.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

They changed that to not be racist because Jynx was a racial stereotype pokemon.

I'm not kidding. It's also why Popo is blue in the newer versions of Dragon Ball.

Funny cause Jynxs were meant to be parodies of ganguros instead of black face.

Not so sure about PoPo though...

ffs really a racist thing its just bloody  cartoon, and popo blue he looks better black xD

EDIT: pc just went spastic 

lives on

BAKABT

i mean what about white i dont see anyone complaning about it being racist, really stupid imo yet alone tan. -_-

jackie-chan-meme-facebook-code-internet-

lives on

BAKABT

i mean what about white i dont see anyone complaning about it being racist, really stupid imo 

such is life man , not much else to say. humans are a fickle creature

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Black facing was a pretty real thing and part of the whole racism in the US history. 

Pitch black skin and white lips poking through, Jynx and Popo are extreme red flags mang. 

blackface_3910.jpg

i mean what about white i dont see anyone complaning about it being racist, really stupid imo yet alone tan. -_-

No no no.

The thing that makes it racist is that they (Jynx & Popo) appear to be black-faced. This is that really old thing about how white actors in the 1900's (literally, 1900-1910) or wtv used to use coal on their faces to appear black since black people couldn't be actors. 

They also have giant red lips. I mean, come on. That's pretty racist. 

I mean. Come on. This is totally racist:

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ah.

Total opposites indeed.

Just so you know, I'm going somewhere with all this.

I guess I have an addictive personality, but am good at semi-managing/controlling it. It's like... if I want Ice Cream, I don't want a single scoop. I can enjoy a single scoop, but that's not why I personally buy myself Ice Cream (if it's someone else's and they're sharing, ofc I'll just get whatever they get, but even then, I'll eat it all, and I just promise myself to buy them more later). 

If I get Ice Cream because I want Ice Cream, I'm getting a bowl. I'm filling it up and making it look like a mountain with vanilla ice cream. I'm covering that mountain of Ice Cream in chocolate & caramel syrup, then I may add crushed up reeses or oreos. Or liquid marshmallow. 

Then I'll repeat that process a couple of times and sit on my sugar coma for a while.

I'm seeking that coma level enjoyment. This is why I don't eat ice cream very much if I can help it. I don't want diabetes.

I love raw carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, & roasted peanuts, and sun flower seeds. Either I'll eat one constantly, or have all of them on-hand and rotate (but still constantly). And eat until I don't desire to eat anymore. I can drink a medium McDonald milk shake in less than 4 minutes without trying. Then I just feel happy for the next 30 minutes on a shake belly. It's ridiculous and I know it.

I don't get hungry. I've never felt "hungry". But I also never feel full (unless I hit that sick bloated level but I'm good about not doing that). My mother was the same way. She wouldn't eat for literal days because she never felt hungry. Then she'd feel weak because of it and consume an entire box of Oreos with either brownie mix (just the batter, not cooked) or milk because she was craving chocolate. She was not good about controlling it. She didn't enjoy eating. I do.

This is similar with anime in that I want that coma level enjoyment. I want that extreme feels. If I'm not getting that, it doesn't register. I feel like I'm wasting my time. There is no "absent-mindedly consume anime" like there is with food in those things I mentioned (carrots, broccoli, sun flower seeds, peanuts, etc).

This is why I usually eat something I particularly enjoy while watching anime (Ice Cream is a big one). Double enjoyment usually. 

You get the idea. If I watch anime, it has to be something I'm certain I'll enjoy, or I'll do other things with my time. This is obviously a catch-22 for anime because "how am I supposed to know I'll enjoy a show if I haven't watched it yet?" And this is why it's complicated for me to bother to start a series at all or finish it.

I get what you mean tho

When I get the cravings I'm 95% of the time able to casually brush it off with a "nah" but if I'm going to act on impulses you best damn believe I'm going all the way.

Meaning Oreos by the row, no ragrets.

I wouldn't call that addictions, it's more like, if I'm going to eat for the sake of fulfilling a craving I'm going to do the job properly. 100 calorie snacks? bullshit, give me the full version. Fill the void and be done with it instead of eating some bitchmade substitute foods and still end up unsatisfied anyway. It sounds like you do something similar.

I don't eat based on hunger or schedule anymore. I used to but abandoned that. I prefer to eat according to how much I'd need based on activity and pick more appropriately what I haven't eaten in a while.

I don't seek savory or salty foods, only sweet or spicy. Literally never get cravings or tempted by anything else. Peppered cookies are absolutely cocaine for me.

I kinda wish I could move to Soylent if it weren't slightly sketchy. I could make my own batch but those take some commitment because you have to make at minimum like a two month supply.

Since I don't have time every morning to make legit breakfast I usually wait for lunch if I don't make a smoothie or something. I often eat for the sake of.. needing to eat. Like plain toast or plain oatmeal status.

you know when you go out with someone and ask them what they want to eat and the reply "I don't know" or "whatever"

I'm that guy.

just give me my weekly candy bar and hot sauce and I'll be completely fine with a liquid cardboard flavored diet.

Black facing was a pretty real thing and part of the whole racism in the US history. 

Pitch black skin and white lips poking through, Jynx and Popo are extreme red flags mang. 

No no no.

The thing that makes it racist is that they (Jynx & Popo) appear to be black-faced. This is that really old thing about how white actors in the 1900's (literally, 1900-1910) or wtv used to use coal on their faces to appear black since black people couldn't be actors. 

They also have giant red lips. I mean, come on. That's pretty racist. 

I mean. Come on. This is totally racist:

forgot bout those things, but its in the pass, but supposed a lot of people are still sensitive about it.

lives on

BAKABT

forgot bout those things, but its in the pass, but supposed a lot of people are still sensitive about it.

Racial tensions is still a pretty HUGE deal here, especially a few month back.

Don't want to add any more fuel to the fire.

The fulcrum hinge alone made me feel all fuzzy inside. 

we're at that point where I think there's no point in buying a laptop that isn't a mobile desktop. I've been trying to shovel off my old laptop as of recent.

iPads and Android tablets are still a joke though (IMO)

we're at that point where I think there's no point in buying a laptop that isn't a mobile desktop. I've been trying to shovel off my old laptop as of recent.

iPads and Android tablets are still a joke though (IMO)

yep and the surface book is a tablet and a laptop

-i get what you mean tho-

Yep, basically opposites. It's k tho. 

Like, if I eat at all (and I do desire to eat, but obviously not because I'm hungry but because I enjoy it), I want to enjoy it. I dunno. 

I love salads tho (with no dressing). I can eat lettuce for days as long as it has a 1:10 shredded cheese:lettuce leaf or more ratio. Extras include onions, I've learned that you can like anything if you eat it enough and in the right mindset. Lettuce and other greens are low hanging fruit imo.

@Charger @helping @Jacona

For everyone else who doesn't know what they^ are talking about regarding the Microsoft Surface laptop thingie:

Edit: god dang it charger ... im not removing this^ /edit

Everything about it is beautiful imo. The ad was very well done. The music was perfectly fitting. That flat windows logo was great (it looks awesome). The engineering appears top notch and makes me feel great that I'm human. We can have nice things. Apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/qwG0Keu.webm

http://i.imgur.com/qwG0Keu.gif

† Christian Member †