Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Well, then watch more of the 3.5 star ones :) The popular opinion is shit in general, and if you have watched a lot of anime then you should have a pretty solid idea of where your tastes lie, and be able to dig up the unsung gems (I'm also on A-P in case you're wondering for some reason).

Yea sort of figured that. Its just that you have to sift through that sea of crap to find that 1 golden turd. First world stuggles for sure...

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

D09OEqL.jpg

post-259091-0-09514800-1443971074.jpg

Gotta love kyou ani though

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Yea sort of figured that. Its just that you have to sift through that sea of crap to find that 1 golden turd. First world stuggles for sure...

You probably already felt that way while sifting through the 4+ star ones anyway, amirite? But honestly, that's why forums like ours exist, to help recommend anime to you when the mainstream watering-down machine fails you. You just have to give us an idea of what you're in the mood for at the time, and what you'd like to avoid too (if you have any specific biases we may have forgotten about). And your A-P link, or we'll probably recommend stuff you've already seen.

You probably already felt that way while sifting through the 4+ star ones anyway, amirite? But honestly, that's why forums like ours exist, to help recommend anime to you when the mainstream watering-down machine fails you. You just have to give us an idea of what you're in the mood for at the time, and what you'd like to avoid too (if you have any specific biases we may have forgotten about). And your A-P link, or we'll probably recommend stuff you've already seen.

we probably could use our own forum at this point lol

It's 100% cheese with a generous helping of ham on the side.

if you put it any way in the same category as ghost stories it has my attention lol

if you put it any way in the same category as ghost stories it has my attention lol

It's even better when you learn that they had no idea what the (actually serious) source material was about, so they just threw up their arms and made a gag dub over the animation. I find it even funnier knowing that.

You see. Thats the thing though there really isnt anything that i dont like other than harem and shounen ai or anything with gay in it. Though my post favorite are one like psychological thriller, action, romance(not on the same show as action), horror pretty much anything really. I like shows that have you think a bit. Why else would i watch monogatari lol. But the big thing i like is that its relatively newer because unlike wine animation doesnt get better with age if you no what i mean

But the big thing i like is that its relatively newer because unlike wine animation doesnt get better with age if you no what i mean

Must be frustrating to feel that way, given that the newer stuff is trying less and less these days, so you just end up with the same anime over and over, just with slightly prettier in-between animation.

It's even better when you learn that they had no idea what the (actually serious) source material was about, so they just threw up their arms and made a gag dub over the animation. I find it even funnier knowing that.

Every so often I feel like subs do that at times. I can pick out words that are being said and names being said and not ending up in the subs lol

Every so often I feel like subs do that at times. I can pick out words that are being said and names being said and not ending up in the subs lol

Well, with names it's often because Japanese doesn't use pronouns as much as English, so they say a person's name more often than we would, especially while talking to them face to face. Translating that literally can sound pretty ridiculous.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys, a new season of Sword Art Online was announced, but screw that, because a new season of Accel World has FINALLY been announced as well!

YAAAAY!!

man "The Beginners Guide" hits deep

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Must be frustrating to feel that way, given that the newer stuff is trying less and less these days, so you just end up with the same anime over and over, just with slightly prettier in-between animation.

Yea.. its sad really when you think about it. Shows like ghost in the shell and origonal fma look better than some new ones and there over 10 years old. Everything is just the same thing with a fresh coat of paint if you think about it. But those that break the mold are the good one like parasyte and psycho pass season 1 to an extent. Not many do things like psychological thrillers (decent ones i mean). I guess thats why i enjoy them the most

Yea.. its sad really when you think about it. Shows like ghost in the shell and origonal fma look better than some new ones and there over 10 years old. Everything is just the same thing with a fresh coat of paint if you think about it. But those that break the mold are the good one like parasyte and psycho pass season 1 to an extent. Not many do things like psychological thrillers (decent ones i mean). I guess thats why i enjoy them the most

Heh... Parasyte is actually an old manga, you know ;)

To be honest, it's not that you can't still find good new anime that try harder than "not at all" (Blood Blockade Battlefront proves that), but that you really do have to gain an appreciation for the older stuff to get the most out of the medium. Pretty animation and modern production techniques were never anime's strong suit, and the nice-looking shows of today will generally look like crap in 5 years. It's the ones with a strong sense of art direction and storytelling that stand the test of time, just like video games.

Heh... Parasyte is actually an old manga, you know ;)

To be honest, it's not that you can't still find good new anime that try harder than "not at all" (Blood Blockade Battlefront proves that), but that you really do have to gain an appreciation for the older stuff to get the most out of the medium. Pretty animation and modern production techniques were never anime's strong suit, and the nice-looking shows of today will generally look like crap in 5 years. It's the ones with a strong sense of art direction and storytelling that stand the test of time, just like video games.

I would parasyte is one the best ive watched and did a very good job of adaption and improving on some flaws of the original artstyle and updating character designs so they didn't look 80s

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Heh... Parasyte is actually an old manga, you know ;)To be honest, it's not that you can't still find good new anime that try harder than "not at all" (Blood Blockade Battlefront proves that), but that you really do have to gain an appreciation for the older stuff to get the most out of the medium.

Definately. It just hard when you have companies like ufotable and kyou ani that produce stunning visuals with a half decent story. Im just spoiled by technology really.

I would parasyte is one the best ive watched and did a very good job of adaption and improving on some flaws of the original artstyle and updating character designs so they didn't look 80s

Actually, now that you mention it, that might be what ticked me off about it. It still *felt* like it was straight out of the 80s, but they tacked on some (mostly) inappropriate music and a coat of paint, and called it a day. I wish they had updated the script a bit more too.

Definately. It just hard when you have companies like ufotable and kyou ani that produce stunning visuals with a half decent story. Im just spoiled by technology really.

Half-decent story? Where? (I kid, but honestly they generally aren't very good stories at all, but people give them a pass because of the pretty visuals). And Fate is pretty ancient too ;)

My concern is that I won't care about any of the anime airing in 5 years, let alone remember them like I do other stuff that was before my time that I have no business liking in the first place (I watched stuff like Patlabor not that long ago, but I'll certainly remember it much longer I will Fate).

@Jaybird will love this news.

best news ive heard all morning! 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Actually, now that you mention it, that might be what ticked me off about it. It still *felt* like it was straight out of the 80s, but they tacked on some (mostly) inappropriate music and a coat of paint, and called it a day. I wish they had updated the script a bit more too.).

I like the fact it felt like a complete romantic relationship occurred without being salacious.

(It would have felt complete even if there was no deed or it put offscreen as well due to character development)

I appreciated that

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

thanks but i dont **** mothers and my mom is not a dog, soooo... what else you got 

And this is why no one likes you cause you act like your above everyone.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

And this is why no one likes you cause you act like your above everyone.

i was just countering your comment and i dont care that you and the other members of HSC hate me

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

i was just countering your comment and i dont care that you and the other members of HSC hate me

Well you shouldn't do things that you know will piss people off.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN