Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Wait a minute. They made a God Eater anime? Who the hell thought that was a good idea? It's a really grindy, repetitive rpg like Monster Hunter, to think it would make a good anime is stupid.

Probably because Unlimited Blade Works worked out for them, and it's hardly a compelling story 90% of the time. But they didn't bring their A-game to this one, so it was as doomed as Deen's version of Stay Night.

Nice... tonight was a surprisingly solid night of anime for me. Even Durarara feels like they're finally ready to kick things back into action (even if this episode didn't really impress me all that much).

Teekyuu 5 (8). decent.

I chuckled at the "core" jokes, but really it was their attempt to go so meta that they wrapped around into a regular show which got to me. It's nice to see Teekyuu remembering that they can be convoluted and not just random.

Durarara x2 Ten (8). so-so.

What a mess this show is. Still bloating up the cast with new characters, still trying to be cool without the necessary setup for the payoffs they present, and still trying to get away with the bare minimum to seem more interesting than it really is. Thing is, this kind of episode could have been great if I cared about what was going on. But I wasn't wondering who Keyser Soze is, I was just wondering what the point of all of this was. It seems to merely have been to show off how crafty Izaya is (yet again). Rather than the story weaving a complex narrative it's just adding more and more pieces and shifting them around a bit just to make everyone look like a badass. But this faux-depth is tiring me out, and feels no more substantial than Game of Laplace. They had better end this series with a colossal hundred-participant brawl or something, otherwise all of these characters and minor subplots will merely come across as bloated padding to me.

Actually, I'm... (8). great.

They're really on top of their game here. About the only weakness here was again the ending, but this time it merely felt a bit rushed (but better than the last time I nitpicked the ending of one of Wa-Wa's episodes). But man was this ever funny, and the Shokugeki no Soma parody wasn't even the funniest part. At this point it's safe to say that this is the best harem series parody I've seen in a long, long time. It beats stuff like NouCome quite handily. It's all simple comedy, but they make it seem so effortlessly funny. No need for fanservice, no need to hammer the jokes in; they just keep dialing everything up throughout the episode until everything just goes plaid by the end (which reminds me... I should rewatch Spaceballs sometime).

Castle Town Dandelion (8). great.

Way to follow up your least interesting episode with your best. The first half of this episode was quite fun, actually, because they brought back one of the most promising plot threads with Shuu's secret girlfriend-in-waiting. It was actually a really nice combination of ideas and characters, and I'm surprised they didn't think to do this earlier: it could lead to a number of really interesting plot threads, and even the show out a fair bit. The second half of the episode proved that. Plus they managed to bring the whole thing full circle really nicely. I don't expect that much from these kinds of anime, especially given the basic material, but they pulled it off really well. I'm a sucker for when stories get the little details right, like making a family seem like a real family, or rationalizing why characters act weirdly at times... but contrasting Shuu with the King was a great idea and earns full points from me. It went a bit overboard near the end of the episode for my tastes, but they even saved that by turning it into a joke. Good job, Dandelion.

Just Finished 

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions

With @TheGingerKid.

I'm a little bit teary....

8/10

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Just Finished 

With @TheGingerKid.

twas good , might have had a little bit of waterworks at the end a touch myself at the end there ;-; 

7.5/10 would watch again 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Why aren't threads like these deleted? Like really, go to reddit for this stuff. Not the place i want to see shit like this. -LTTs Resident Asshole

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/436988-issues-with-my-father/

1. Don't click on it ?

2. Profit ??????

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Just Finished 

With @TheGingerKid.

8/10

Have it to watch on my list. Will bump it up a few places. Looks like I might need some tissues. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

i'm 5 ft 8 and almost 15 but you dont know what i look like or what town i live in so i'm safe from you

Keep thinking that if it helps keep your sanity.

tumblr_mv0wqmgGlL1syvpb8o1_500.gif

ill go with nah ... and if she is then id still be down ? maybe no ..... probably not lol

Just say,you'll be fine

for how much I do like these I have found my self not clicking on touhou crap because I'm tired of touhou crap.

There there, maybe one day fred will get over his addiction

Heh

I see you Windows media player

Steve

8dbb208732ff130cc1aafe5528804e13.png

ive laughed at this way longer then i should have

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I think the persona 3 movies are done so much better than p4 the animation. I think there actually as good as the game. But they miss out the social links so...

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

I think the persona 3 movies are done so much better than p4 the animation. I think there actually as good as the game. But they miss out the social links so...

makes sense they didnt have the time to fit that in. also P4A  was extremely successful so they likely had a nice budget for the movies.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Bro is a boss.

I don't get the Australia one ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

They're not blood related though...

The answer is simple ... 

A Threesome ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

19b8b6243e.jpg

If they really are brother/sister and such, then first of all, the correct way you'd say it is just inversed from what she said:

"Your boyfriend is your brother. My girlfriend is my sister."

The thing is, I think, is that some close relatives in Japan call each other the sibling words. i.e. a female cousin might call her female cousin a "sister" (Onee-chan). I saw that WataMote with the MC's cousin or wtv.

I imagine an extreme version of this is people really close who aren't blood related?

The running joke with Australia is that they are on the other side of the world, so everything must be upside down for them.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

19b8b6243e.jpg

thats that wincest game i saw a while back, downloaded it a long time ago, no clue where it is. too much shit to play though, its likely lost somewhere in a dark archive

Listen if you care.

thats that wincest game i saw a while back, downloaded it a long time ago, no clue where it is. too much shit to play though, its likely lost somewhere in a dark archive

I know that feel... I still have 3 long VNs on hold... I really should get back to them...

Finished Steins;Gate 10/10

This is what every Thriller should be. I feel like when i watched clannad and how shocked i was that an animation could make me cry, this time i'm not crying, but the same feeling of amusement towards an amazing anime is the same. Damn.

I was a tiiiny bit rustled at the end at how he fixes Mayuri's problem but there wasn't much else they could do. No correct way for them to fix it, especially scientifically without pulling something really dumb.

Was ok with it after thinking a bit, I guess it's valid but relative to the rest of it seemingly underwhelming.

If they really are brother/sister and such, then first of all, the correct way you'd say it is just inversed from what she said:

"Your boyfriend is your brother. My girlfriend is my sister."

The thing is, I think, is that some close relatives in Japan call each other the sibling words. i.e. a female cousin might call her female cousin a "sister" (Onee-chan). I saw that WataMote with the MC's cousin or wtv.

I imagine an extreme version of this is people really close who aren't blood related?

I'm actually slightly familiar with this, I have a lot of people that aren't technically related but as a collective we usually refer to them as aunt or uncle, by extension their kids are treated as cousins despite not being blood.

the confusion gets to the point where I don't actually know who is blood and who isn't, but they're all treated the same and I still feel the "familial attraction barrier" even if I find out they're not blood due to having grown up with them.

Fun fact, Google saves my auto definitions across phones. It suggested "sint" for aunt when I wouldn't have used that word beyond high school, possibly two phones ago.

Error: 410

I finished Kamichu. Slice-of-lifeless probably summarizes it well. The music is the only thing that stands out. Atleast it served it's purpose because I watched an episode before sleep.

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

I was a tiiiny bit rustled at the end at how he fixes Mayuri's problem but there wasn't much else they could do. No correct way for them to fix it, especially scientifically without pulling something really dumb.

Was ok with it after thinking a bit, I guess it's valid but relative to the rest of it seemingly underwhelming.

I agree, i was expecting something else too. But as you say, the only way of doing something else was inventing something really dumb that made no sense. However, i think that the "plot twist" (more like something we, or at least i did, forgot or didn't realise:

The fact that on the beta timeline kurisu dies, which is not 100% a spoiler but w/e

Compensates the mayuri problem being the way it was.

and spoiler:

Also, tricking his past self was an amazing idea, i was expecting some dumb/bullshit resolution to save Kurisu , specially because it all happens in the last 2 episodes.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Fun fact, Google saves my auto definitions across phones. It suggested "sint" for aunt when I wouldn't have used that word beyond high school, possibly two phones ago.

Interesting.

>Nearing 10,000 likes<

Ah yus bb. Keep it coming.

tYEei.gif

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Anyone here seen Kekkai Sensen?  Btw if you have are you crapping your pants out of rage because the last episode STILL HASN'T BEEN RELEASED!  This has been since like July and they said there would be a slight delay!

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

It's because Australia is near the bottom of the world I think lol

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

It's because Australia is near the bottom of the world I think lol

Basically, yeah.

But... it's because Australia is in the Southern Equator, and for some reason, North is viewed as up on a map. 

So Australia is effectively on the underside of the world, and so it is upside down. 

This is a perfectly valid map of the world:

c0022246_18341475.jpg

But I don't know of anyone that actually uses that, plus it hurts my head.

† Christian Member †

Anyone here seen Kekkai Sensen?  Btw if you have are you crapping your pants out of rage because the last episode STILL HASN'T BEEN RELEASED!  This has been since like July and they said there would be a slight delay!

Yep. Best anime of its season, right up until they didn't finish it. We can't have nice things.