Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Wow, I had some time to watch anime again today. Nice. And for the first time in ages, a first episode has completely hooked me in!

Re-Kan.
This one was uneven, but for a moe show with an awkward sense of humor, it wasn't terrible. It was even mildly funny at times, though the "heartwarming" aspects felt really tacked on. At best it basically feels like something that would make for a pretty funny anime short, while at its worst it feels more ethereal than its subject matter or has elements that feel a bit obnoxiously out-of-place. So is it bad? Nah. But it didn't really sell itself very well, either.

Unlimited Fanboy Works.
Why is this anime so deathly afraid of revealing anything substantial in advance? I mean, I feel like I'm watching po-faced androids wander sadly around a game engine until they randomly step on the right tile to start a scripted sequence, and then suddenly there's a fight, a major plot twist, a bit of crying, and ONLY THEN do they finally deign to reveal to me (via exposition no less) why I should have cared about any of it in the first place. This story could actually be a pretty good one, if it was being told in a reasonable manner and with enough clues for me to be able to feel something besides vague detachment.

The Doe-eyed Appearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.
From one extreme to the other, huh? Well, as I expected, this seemed to be intentionally misdirecting the audience with its vapid "generic moe romcom" approach. But we'll see. Satelight is one of the few studios who have the stones to troll a fandom as sensitive as the Haruhi fandom, while still being good enough to make a proper story out of this once the troll fades away. If nothing else I'm mildly amused at their gall, and in the worst case I don't see this as any worse than the myriad other fairly-well-animated moe shows out there. But then I was never a member of the cult of Haruhi, so YMMV.

Blood Blockade Battlefront.
Despite the (very) tired basic premise, this episode was amazeballs. You think Stay Night has good animation, check this out. Plus, more interesting stuff happened in this single episode than the entirety of season one of Stay Night. They even know how to do that goofy "named special attacks" trope - go big like JoJo, or go home! So this show is basically right up my alley: a fascinating mess of chaotic ideas that slowly builds on itself until even the cliches have depth... all while an excellent OST full of personality plays in the background. They even managed to add an obligatory weird-animal-sidekick character to the cast without wasting any words or time on the effort.

O RLY!!! I might start doing that. Helping you out if you know what I mean.

Hey, if I have something to offer other sub-forums, I don't really mind. (Or if my brand of negativity/harshness is called for elsewhere)

Officaly the best version of this song now.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

So is anybody here excited for Overlord there's still no news what season this year it would air but I'm excited.

It's another Game turned to reality kind of thing, with all these animes mangas and novels with this plot I really think there should be a new genre called "Vitual Reality" or something.

Synopsis:

The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down on its last day. Our protagonist Momonga decided to stay until the last moment in his beloved game and wait for the force logout. Unexpectedly, the server did not shut down and Momonga is stuck in his skeleton body and got transferred to another world. "The powerful Overlord" needs now to discover a new world and face the continuous challenges.

Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary man strives to take over the new world the game has become.

Here are some images too help your imagination.
Overlord_v01_000a2_rs.JPGprFg9kK.jpg?1

So to compare them, Overlord will remind you of Diablo, while LH and SAO will remind you Torchlight

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Ok I'm home, showered and dinner is made... what anime to watch? I finished Tsukimonogatari 2 days ago and now I'm hungry for more series! @Oshino Shinobu

Come on club I need some good suggestions!

have you seen Kaiba yet?

Then watch it. :D

Unless you are asking for something specific that Kaiba isn't.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

No I haven't, had the chance. 

Worth the watch, I loved it.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Then watch it. :D

Unless you are asking for something specific that Kaiba isn't.

Worth the watch, I loved it.

Could one of you PM me a high quality source? I don't really stream.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@MyInnerFred I finished the 4 TouHou episodes from the other day. I want some of the music from it.

I don't know where to find the OST, however I know of various youtube channels with awesome touhou music.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't know where to find the OST, however I know of various youtube channels with awesome touhou music.

Darn. More music is always good. Just have to find the ones I like.

I do like this one.

Blarg

Yup that's the last straw I'm gonna finish my Hyouka review when I get home. Spoilers incoming.

Ok I'm home, showered and dinner is made... what anime to watch? I finished Tsukimonogatari 2 days ago and now I'm hungry for more series! @Oshino Shinobu

Come on club I need some good suggestions!

how about doing what you said you were going to do back in june

Awww yusss~!

My Opinion: I didn't expect much when I initially started watching Hyouka to be honest, what surprised me the most at the beginning was the production quality. The effort Kyoani has put into making this absolutely beautiful compared to other Kyoani works is noticeable, the animation is essentially movie level quality done in 900p right off the back(not as good as Makoto Shinkai's work but he's on another level). Oreki Houtarou the main character came off as a very relatable character to me in the beginning with his motto "If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do I'll make it quick". The inner monologue and thought process Oreki has throughout the series was what had me hooked on the show the most and kept me watching more than anything. Just so everyone knows now this series isn't for everyone because its a classical slow build up type of story, it replaces the typical amount of action you see in other series with thought provoking mysteries that are admittedly sometimes pointless but does tie in with brilliant character development.

I could type more now but then it would be a full on review instead of a short opinion. ^.^

(Review incoming after work)

hyouka_group1.png

Where did you watch Hyouka?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Darn. More music is always good. Just have to find the ones I like.

I do like this one.

*Sigh* this stuff is fan made too, that's animation quality you'd expect from a seasoned anime producer. 

You can find the full version of the PV songs on youtube. 

@Charger yeah yeah yeah I know I'm on it. 

Where did you watch Hyouka?

I downloaded it.

Speaking of Hyouka, does anyone know of any other anime that are adapted from full novels (not light novels) like Hyouka, Musume Ronja and Moomin?

Edit: apparently Hyouka was a light novel series too :/

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Speaking of Hyouka, does anyone know of any other anime that are adapted from full novels (not light novels) like Hyouka, Musume Ronja and Moomin?

Edit: apparently Hyouka was a light novel series too :/

Sekai Senki (Crest/Banner of the Stars), Tatami Galaxy, Arslan Senki (the new one is based on a manga adaptation, the older OVA was I believe based on the novels), and I believe Un-Go as well.

We should have a celebration when we reach 2000 pages on this thread

.giphy.gif

Current Build ~ "白龍"

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K     Mobo: Asus Z97-A     Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz (2x4GB)     HDD:  WD Caviar Blue 1TB     SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB     GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V      Case: NZXT Noctis 450     PSU: Corsair CX 600W     Mouse: Corsair M60     Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (MX Brown)     IEM: ATH-IM04

If I am able at the time (no guarantees), there may be a giveaway.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

.giphy.gif

Sure. but no spamming our way there.

In other news my computer has kinda crashed. I can still use my mouse just fine though.

20150406_203313.jpg

Blarg

Sure. but no spamming our way there.

In other news my computer has kinda crashed. I can still use my mouse just fine though.

20150406_203313.jpg
i hate your image links i always have to edit my spoilers becasue it is 2 lines long when i have a macro that types spoiler then hits end and types /spoiler

anyways nice track ball

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time but how do you attach a "gif.", " jpg." onto a post. I tried to look around but just couldn't figure it out. So it has to be a link?

Current Build ~ "白龍"

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K     Mobo: Asus Z97-A     Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz (2x4GB)     HDD:  WD Caviar Blue 1TB     SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB     GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V      Case: NZXT Noctis 450     PSU: Corsair CX 600W     Mouse: Corsair M60     Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (MX Brown)     IEM: ATH-IM04

i hate your image links i always have to edit my spoilers becasue it is 2 lines long when i have a macro that types spoiler then hits end and types /spoiler

anyways nice track ball

Sounds like you need a new macro just for my images.

its an ok trackball. nothing special.

I've been trying to figure this out for a long time but how do you attach a "gif.", " jpg." onto a post. I tried to look around but just couldn't figure it out. So it has to be a link?

use something like imgur or puush.

Blarg