Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Hey, someone has to provide a little negativity or this thread will be a maelstrom of empty "it's enjoyable" and "it's awesome" sentiment :)

I've been yelled at before for giving too much negative opinions, lol

but where do you guys find all this shit and the time for it, the list you pumped out I've heard of literally none of them

and I mean literally, not figuratively.

Error: 410

I've been yelled at before for giving too much negative opinions, lol

but where do you guys find all this shit and the time for it, the list you pumped out I've heard of literally none of them

and I mean literally, not figuratively.

I'm harsh on practically everything, but I only go overboard to troll when people take it too seriously. I mean if I *truly* hated anime I wouldn't watch so much of it :)

As for finding the time, I just get lucky and squeeze in the time on days when I'm not working extra hours to make cash or helping scanlate manga and such.

I'm harsh on practically everything, but I only go overboard to troll when people take it too seriously. I mean if I *truly* hated anime I wouldn't watch so much of it :)

As for finding the time, I just get lucky and squeeze in the time on days when I'm not working extra hours to make cash or helping scanlate manga and such.

i'm a slut for pain, I usually finish no matter what ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) so that's typically why I don't mind risking 12/13ep titles a bit of a chance and follow through with catharsis by means of publicly denouncing it, but what still infuriates me to a point where I don't know how to deal with the anger is awful 24 episode works that tease their way up to the end and go out with a shy sizzle and a bang that the weakest of bubble wrap would mask.

much like Soul Eater, or Pandora Hearts holy heck I still haven't gotten back my skin tone for that misadventure.

swear to god @CatCloud I'm going to move all of your furniture over 5cm while you sleep

yes, that is a threat.

So, I finally got to watch the following movies today:

• Sword of the Stranger - 9.5/10 overall

It was pretty great for the various reasons most people know already. Great animation, music, story (based on history), characters, & battle choreography.

The main character basically being Battosai, the Man Slayer was great.

Come on. Red hair? Military veteran who slew thousands and is an amazing swordsman? Makes a promise/prayer to not use his sword to kill (even if it's broken)? It's totally Rurouni Kenshin. Totally.Space Pirate: Captain Harlock - 8.0/10 overall

My progression for this anime movie was like so:

30 minutes in: 5.0/10
1 hour in: 5.5/10
1.5 hours in: 6.5/10
2.0 hours in (end): 8.0/10

The reason why is because the first half of the movie is kinda meh. Very cliche. The only great thing was the animation (it's like a movie Final Fantasy XIII-XIV cut scene). The 0G 10 second bath scene was funny though.

https://animekritik.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/11.png

The second half was good. Still as much cliche, but it was at least cliche that is generally liked. The twist at the end did a lot for the score.

I probably won't rewatch it (I hate rewatching things anyway), but I should note that a around the 1 hour mark, the audio got desynced by up to 5 minutes ahead of the video. It was hard to watch.
Anastasia (Disney) - 8.5/10

I love Disney, but I haven't seen Anastasia in forever. I mention it because the animation is kinda unique to me. I don't remember another Disney movie where they drew the cheek bones & other facial stuff (like laughing lines) on every character noticeably. 

tumblr_ma36reC6Yv1rwyed6.gif

Like, they have shape and are always there/relevant. There are times the animation sucks in that movie, but that thing was awesome to me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

snip

*doki *doki Anastasia

Come on Sing with me

And life is a road I wanna keep going
Love is a river I want to keep flowing
Life is road now and forever
Wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

i'm a slut for pain, I usually finish no matter what ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) so that's typically why I don't mind risking 12/13ep titles a bit of a chance and follow through with catharsis by means of publicly denouncing it, but what still infuriates me to a point where I don't know how to deal with the anger is awful 24 episode works that tease their way up to the end and go out with a shy sizzle and a bang that the weakest of bubble wrap would mask.

much like Soul Eater, or Pandora Hearts holy heck I still haven't gotten back my skin tone for that misadventure.

swear to god @CatCloud I'm going to move all of your furniture over 5cm while you sleep

yes, that is a threat.

Jeez, Pandora Hearts again? Just read the manga already :)  It's almost over now, and turned out pretty darn interesting for such a convoluted plot.

I only get to watch so many longer series, so I tend to reserve my time for the ones that seem worth the time investment. That doesn't mean I always do, of course. Sometimes I'll give something a shot even though it barely seems worth it, because I want to be able to know what others see in it. Kind of a "study" of why something is popular, even if it's not particularly good. It can be intriguing.

Finished a couple stragglers from winter - Koufuku Graffiti and Nanatsu no Taizai. Koufuku Graffiti was warming, I should have continued watching weekly instead of marathoning the latter half. Nice SoL atmosphere throughout. Nanatsu no Taizai was awesome. Sucks that subs got messed up most of the way through, but I was still happy to marathon through the remaining episodes. Very rewarding character development.

Onward, to spring season!

Jeez, Pandora Hearts again? Just read the manga already :)  It's almost over now, and turned out pretty darn interesting for such a convoluted plot.

I only get to watch so many longer series, so I tend to reserve my time for the ones that seem worth the time investment. That doesn't mean I always do, of course. Sometimes I'll give something a shot even though it barely seems worth it, because I want to be able to know what others see in it. Kind of a "study" of why something is popular, even if it's not particularly good. It can be intriguing.

that aftertaste is still too far stuck in my mouth for me to consider a new medium

it would take something good for me to want to do that, not bad.

I get what you mean though, I've sat through things I didn't think I would (and didn't) like because other people did.

yes, that is a threat.

I have a feeling im forgetting something.....something important....

that aftertaste is still too far stuck in my mouth for me to consider a new medium

it would take something good for me to want to do that, not bad.

Ok. It just seems odd that you'd actively avoid turning something bad into something good, but don't let me stop you from being bitter about it ;)

I have a feeling im forgetting something.....something important....

I'm 85% sure I remember you saying something along the lines of

"keep going, it gets good something something bird innocent something is a lie"

0yOaIe4.gif

Ok. It just seems odd that you'd actively avoid turning something bad into something good, but don't let me stop you from being bitter about it ;)

well, that is how most people work. Inspiration usually comes from something positive. Antithesis of odd IMO, building on a good experience is miles more likely than attempting to resolve a bad experience. The only time that happens is if someone is selling you something for either social/monetary gain or if you want to like it (social gain)

Which one are you watching? Memories of Phantasm? Or Fantasy Kaleidoscope? 

Memories of phantasm

Blarg

Memories of phantasm

If I remember correctly not all the episodes were done in HD. 

Only one or two are in BD. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

If I remember correctly not all the episodes were done in HD. 

Only one or two are in BD. 

Thats fine with me. my problem is I can only find english subs with no voice audio. just music playing. or pure japanese so I cant understand anything.

Blarg

I'm 85% sure I remember you saying something along the lines of

"keep going, it gets good something something bird innocent something is a lie"

well, that is how most people work. Inspiration usually comes from something positive. Antithesis of odd IMO, building on a good experience is miles more likely than attempting to resolve a bad experience. The only time that happens is if someone is selling you something for either social/monetary gain or if you want to like it (social gain)

Oh yeeeaaah, i did and i did find it good.

Hehe. Says the guy who just told me he will keep watching something bad to the end, instead of dropping it :)  By that logic, surely you might as well experience Pandora Hearts to the end too, rather than settling for its mediocre anime adaptation?

Oh yeeeaaah, i did and i did find it good.

I guess it's just very different taste :mellow:

on an unrelated note, I haven't read it, but A Friendly Orc's Daily Life looks like it might be funny

cVCoFCX.jpg

Hehe. Says the guy who just told me he will keep watching something bad to the end, instead of dropping it :) By that logic, surely you might as well experience Pandora Hearts to the end too, rather than settling for its mediocre anime adaptation?

@BashZeStampeedo normally I would follow my own words, but I actually dug it out of my archive. It's one of the few times that passed me really let me down. It was a risk I took going in blindly as it appears I'd downloaded it at some point for some reason, logic being it must have had some redeeming traits or something that interested me for it to be there in the first place.

with that being said, I would still only read a manga if it were a continuation of something I really liked, but I tend to avoid things that aren't done or are promo material for a manga, so the odds of that happening are very slim. Pandora was a "mistake" in that regard.

Pandora wasn't awful, it had a few problems, but by all means watchable up until near the end.

Thats fine with me. my problem is I can only find english subs with no voice audio. just music playing. or pure japanese so I cant understand anything.

Turn on CC

Here: 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

on an unrelated note, I haven't read it, but A Friendly Orc's Daily Life looks like it might be funny

It is, but short. :(

It is, but short. :(

I guess it's just very different taste :mellow:

Is it finished already?

Or was it rushed/axed?

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Is it finished already?

Or was it rushed/axed?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i just saw the name, skimmed it, and left it open buried in another tab

the elf and orc satire caught my attn, seems like a relatively easy recipe for giggles.

Well I had time for one more new episode tonight.

Seraph of the End.
I'm torn on this one. I despise it when stories needlessly use kids to pull at heartstrings, especially when the premise is so utterly terrible. But the execution here was actually really good. A nice eye for detail, good animation, effective music, and they didn't even feel to cram in a highschool or pantsu in case I forget this is an anime. The melodrama was kept brief and sharp, the characters sensible and fairly real, and aside from a few gratuitous moments it held together really well. Often you get a great premise handled poorly, but seldom do you get a lousy one handled so well. I'm definitely intrigued.

PS: Heh.. so I watched the next-episode-preview and of course, suddenly there's a school/highschool. Oh anime, you know just how to disappoint me....

DAMN YOU DOUBLE POST. DAMN YOU TO HELL!

TUUIu0I.gif

*I accidentally posted a picture with Cherlenne without a shirt on in the background without noticing the first time* 

*I fixed it.*

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.