GTA 5 PC Release Date Nearing? More Postings Revealed on Online Retailers; Details Revealed in June?

nfsundergroundd

As long as it's not a shit port, I'll still enjoy this game, despite the delay. A good game is a good game.

lol .. and why u hope that ? ... just because u are too young" i guess

we see this history happening over and over again , i don't understand why ppl are doubting if gta will be launch or not

doubted because of its bad port

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

doubted because of its bad port

the last ported game wasn't bad

the last ported game wasn't bad

Try asking the forums >.>

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Try asking the forums >.>

last game: Max payne 3 . 2012

last game: Max payne 3 . 2012

Well Max Payne was already port ready, because it didnt take MONTHS long to port a game... im talking to you rockstar, yes you

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

max payne and gta are very different on business perspective but it is the last ported game and isn't that bad

max payne and gta are very different on business perspective but it is the last ported game and isn't that bad

Developers team come and go, different people make different worlds... Just remember: The World is not a Wish-Granting Factory

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Its not clear at this moment in time if Sony and Microsoft are working together on this one, but a senior executive at the computer company Intel has claimed that someone has paid “a lot of money” to stop the release of Grand Theft Auto V on the PC. And there’s no one else around except Microsoft and Sony that could fork out this kind of money.

The executive in question was Chris R. Silva. He has voiced that someone must of paid off Rockstar in order to keep the game a console exclusive up until now. But he has also added that he doesn’t think that it will be a console exclusive for long, and that it will eventually see a release on the PC in the not too distant future.

This is what Silva had to say about the release of the game on consoles, “If you look at the amount of revenue that is generated by PC gaming it’s in the tens of billions of dollars each year. It’s incredibly diverse and rich and that’s its greatest strength”. Surely releasing on consoles first wouldn’t harm a game like Grand Theft Auto V that much? Right?

I've said it before, GTA isn't even that great of a franchise. After the PS2 era, GTA was just kinda there. Many PC gamers already denounced Rockstar and have interest in other games at this point.

Personally, the only thing Rockstar could do that'd make me even remotely interested in them is if they made an HD remake of the first Max Payne for PC with mad graphics and updated character models the likes of what goes to a Final Fantasy title. Outside from that, they are dead to me.

Its not clear at this moment in time if Sony and Microsoft are working together on this one, but a senior executive at the computer company Intel has claimed that someone has paid “a lot of money” to stop the release of Grand Theft Auto V on the PC. And there’s no one else around except Microsoft and Sony that could fork out this kind of money.

The executive in question was Chris R. Silva. He has voiced that someone must of paid off Rockstar in order to keep the game a console exclusive up until now. But he has also added that he doesn’t think that it will be a console exclusive for long, and that it will eventually see a release on the PC in the not too distant future.

This is what Silva had to say about the release of the game on consoles, “If you look at the amount of revenue that is generated by PC gaming it’s in the tens of billions of dollars each year. It’s incredibly diverse and rich and that’s its greatest strength”. Surely releasing on consoles first wouldn’t harm a game like Grand Theft Auto V that much? Right?

Honestly, i dont think revenue of pc gaming is really right. they should stick to console because its simple, and diverse. you dont need to upgrade your console's gpu or something just turn it up and play.. pc is otherwise, when they develop the game for the console they develop the graphics for the console and not for the pc. poor gamer would not be able to enjoy them as much as filthy rich gamers would, they'd lag everytime they glare up from the floor, of course mainly people choose over pc because it was more configurable and less restrictions but thats just for the people that have the right thing and money what if you cant play that GTA V you'd probably blame them for making games so darn high of requirement.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

If it ever come to the PC, I wonder how much it would sell. I mean, the hype and anticipation are gone. Personally, I don't care at all. I would probably pick it up for 3$ on a steam sale... 

But mods would be damn fun on it, it would have the same appeal of 4 just with sligthly better physics and crash's, and aren't the minimum requirements a 660ti? How does a console even run it?

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

You all complain that it doesn't come out on PC at launch....

then when it DOES come out for pc and you are all like "fuck off ill only pay 5$"

No wonder they don't want to release it on PC >< The people on this forum amaze me sometimes

Wow..this is you and this is the argument.

plane.jpg

It went completely over your head! :mellow:

PC gamers are mad because it was a blatant attempt by Rockstar to completely milk the dying gen of consoles for the highest profit margin. They know full well they could have had everything launch at the same time. They had the budget and the hype built up. Instead of taking advantage of that, Rockstar treated customers like stupid 12 year olds with Xboxes. Some people fell for it and bought 360's just to play a game from a franchise that got old years ago. With the hype now dead and the long amount of wait, the hype train already left the station with PC gamers left behind. Right now, it's too late. Many PC gamers are fed up with smug companies pandering to one platform and exclusives to milk money. With much better games on peoples wishlists, it's too late for GTA V for PC to have the same number of sales when it first launched. Many PC gamers don't give a shit about Rockstar anymore and see them no better than EA in terms of douchebaggery.

When you piss on your potential customers, don't expect them to be begging for your product. We're not stupid enough to fall for it.

I hope this is true ive been waiting for GTA5 on pc since i finished it on 360.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYA
YAYAAYAYAYAYAYAA

FINNALY!!

i_did_it.gif
nooobarney.gif

200_s.gif

MFW+dirty-secrets+are+finally+over.+Yes+

rj_mitte-52432e744f1c2.gif

tumblr_lyhyxt81Ku1r5ruse.gif
1.gif?w=520

inline-1-batman-google-gifs.gif

flRWu.gif

ryan.gif

oh-yes.gif.pagespeed.ce_.SJvstdeUGX.gif
giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_msdctjZzAJ1qz4rgp.gif

200_s.gif

oh_yeah_obama.gif

200_s.gif

tumblr_lwobmpkPmB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I don't mind waiting to be quite honest. It's been so long I have almost lost interest but I will most probably buy it

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

Personally I feel that Rockstar had a chance to make money off of the pc market but they waited too long and just loss the attention of most PC gamers to games like Watchdogs, thus losing that chance. Also combine how Rockstar been viewing the pc community and also I feel that them releasing a pc port was an afterthought.

It probably is because they didn't think they could create a decent profit, maybe it will come if GTA V is on next gen consoles as they are X86 and porting is easy. It's a huge game that took them years. 

It probably is because they didn't think they could create a decent profit, maybe it will come if GTA V is on next gen consoles as they are X86 and porting is easy. It's a huge game that took them years. 

Next gen versions will also be using similar higher-quality game assets.  Since any low-mid-range PC purchased right now bears much more resemblance to the PS4/XB1 than to the old hardware.  It makes more sense to develop the game for PS4, XB1, PC simultaneously.  Okay, you might say, they should have just released it on all platforms all at once (e.g. Watch Dogs), but then dissenters would immediately flip to 'OMG they are just downgrading the game on all platforms so the PC version will suck.'  Well, if I was a betting man or a Rockstar producer, I'd be doing the first idea.  GTA V: Remastered Edition.

It is of course well within the realm of possibility there is no PC version in the books, but I feel like there is precedent against this.  Sure RDR didn't get a PC version, but every single mainstream GTA title has a PC version, every Max Payne, LA Noire.  The list of PC mainstream games Rockstar releases is larger than the list it does not.

Of course if you don't care then you don't care, and that's *fine*.  I love open world games, and while I do think the GTA franchise is in need of more innovation in the same way Pokemon has needed a refresh for 15 years, I have room for GTAV on top of Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, Sleeping Watch Dogs (needs to exist), and so on.  My fingers, still crossed!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Yep don't care, the hype is gone. I'd be happy to buy it when it comes out on Pc and it is under $20

Project Restomod (In progress)

Next gen versions will also be using similar higher-quality game assets.  Since any low-mid-range PC purchased right now bears much more resemblance to the PS4/XB1 than to the old hardware.  It makes more sense to develop the game for PS4, XB1, PC simultaneously.  Okay, you might say, they should have just released it on all platforms all at once (e.g. Watch Dogs), but then dissenters would immediately flip to 'OMG they are just downgrading the game on all platforms so the PC version will suck.'  Well, if I was a betting man or a Rockstar producer, I'd be doing the first idea.  GTA V: Remastered Edition.

It is of course well within the realm of possibility there is no PC version in the books, but I feel like there is precedent against this.  Sure RDR didn't get a PC version, but every single mainstream GTA title has a PC version, every Max Payne, LA Noire.  The list of PC mainstream games Rockstar releases is larger than the list it does not.

Of course if you don't care then you don't care, and that's *fine*.  I love open world games, and while I do think the GTA franchise is in need of more innovation in the same way Pokemon has needed a refresh for 15 years, I have room for GTAV on top of Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, Sleeping Watch Dogs (needs to exist), and so on.  My fingers, still crossed!

GTA V was the game I wanted most for the PC, but I've really lost any expectation of it coming. I love the mods in an open world game. LCPDFR was amazing for GTA IV. Photoreal packs + real car brandings made it a completely different game.

I remember someone quoting a rock* employee that they weren't bringing it to PC due to piracy fears. Can't remember the source though :/

Wow..this is you and this is the argument.

plane.jpg

It went completely over your head! :mellow:

PC gamers are mad because it was a blatant attempt by Rockstar to completely milk the dying gen of consoles for the highest profit margin. They know full well they could have had everything launch at the same time. They had the budget and the hype built up. Instead of taking advantage of that, Rockstar treated customers like stupid 12 year olds with Xboxes. Some people fell for it and bought 360's just to play a game from a franchise that got old years ago. With the hype now dead and the long amount of wait, the hype train already left the station with PC gamers left behind. Right now, it's too late. Many PC gamers are fed up with smug companies pandering to one platform and exclusives to milk money. With much better games on peoples wishlists, it's too late for GTA V for PC to have the same number of sales when it first launched. Many PC gamers don't give a shit about Rockstar anymore and see them no better than EA in terms of douchebaggery.

When you piss on your potential customers, don't expect them to be begging for your product. We're not stupid enough to fall for it.

Oh i never realised you quoted me :P epic fail

It didn't go over my head in any way at all, I understand exactly what you are saying

But I still want to play it and I would prefer not to buy it for last gen consoles

. As for things like hating rockstar and EA and other game companies etc, I honestly do not care (to an extent anyway) if the game comes out, is well made/well ported, and fairly priced then I will buy it an enjoy it. I just can't deal with all the whining bitching and moaning that goes on these days. Obviously if the game is broken (like BF4 was at launch and to an extent is although i have put about 150 hours in and I have enjoyed my time) or buggy or is a rip off then I do not want to support that company and will perhaps wait for a sale or something. I see it from both sides, half of me is like "you robbing arseholes/crappy dev blah blah" and the other half is like "wow some people get so butthurt because a game didnt come out or there was an issue"

I don't buy games because of "hype", I never really pay much attention to advertising campaigns and jump on the hype train because I always get dissapointed, I find out if a game is worthy of my time and if it is decent I buy it

I get it, you feel like Rockstar dont care about PC gamers, maybe they don't, but some people (ME) are still waiting to play it, perhaps I am in the minority but if all the vocal people start going "fuck off we dont want your game" they just flat out will ignore us even more. People have to show SOME willingness, remember dark souls? people begging for that game made it come to PC (sure it was a buggy POS) but it made a difference

hopefully I have made sense here (at work...shh)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii