GTA 5 PC Release Date Nearing? More Postings Revealed on Online Retailers; Details Revealed in June?

nfsundergroundd

If it's released in June, several months later it will be part of the Christmas sale for $14.99. Then it might be worth picking up depending on the modding community, definitely not worth full retail.

I have a feeling this time around it will be a much more walled garden and modding will not be much of an option.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

If it's released in June, several months later it will be part of the Christmas sale for $14.99. Then it might be worth picking up depending on the modding community, definitely not worth full retail.

I have a feeling this time around it will be a much more walled garden and modding will not be much of an option.

LOL! No, it won't. GTA5 is a massive AAA title. It is not going to go on sale for that price after 4 months on the market.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Interesting fact: One of the first PC games I tried after a long hiatus was the original GTA. I know a lot of people are far too young to have experienced things like this but Rockstar, Bioware, ID, Epic Games: all of this were companies that were built on the backs of PC gamers and later ditched them during the 2000s for the console market. Those scars they left on the PC gaming community? We should make sure they don't forget before they run back now that Valve is revitalizing the PC market. 

If you want to be bitter and sulk then go for it. I will be buying those games and enjoy them. I was a console gamer all of my life, timed exclusives are nothing new to us. Unless of course the ports are shit, then they can go fuck themselves. 

LOL! No, it won't. GTA5 is a massive AAA title. It is not going to go on sale for that price.

This. Steam sales get less and less spectacular each time. Thankfully some publishers are still offering great deals, but Activision and Ubisoft always do shit like 25% off a £40 game. 

LOL! No, it won't. GTA5 is a massive AAA title. It is not going to go on sale for that price after 4 months on the market.

Ok, $19.99. But I won't buy it for that, I'll hold for my stated $14.99 assuming the modding community is there.

It may be a "AAA" tittle, but it's now an old title, those who desperately wanted it, already played it. The title may do well in it's first week to a month but I predict sales will quickly slow and demand for the game will drop. A winter sale will be the perfect time to spark new interest and purchases by discounting the game.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

What was this again? can't remember to much time has passed, is this like some kind of Watchdogs clone?

It better be under 20 bucks it's ancient!

LOL! So we are now boycotting developers/publishers because they have the nerve not to release a game for the PC master-race? 

Yes, take a look at my post on page 1: Is not as simple as that. Also take a look at my post in page 2: the engine was already ported it would take almost no effort to come up with a PC version. 

Finally is not as dramatic as you make it out to be: Take Two knows it would have taken little effort to port a PC version and they certainly knew there was a market for the game, yet they choose not to announce it timely and likely not release it for PC at all: it's not very hard to boycott games from a company that doesn't seems to give a single fuck about PC gaming anyway, what are we going to boycott, GTA IV? L.A. Noir? Those were 3 years ago.

There really is nothing to boycott anyway, what is your problem with me saying "Right back at you Rockstar" in response to their very clear "Fuck you" to PC gamers?

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you want to be bitter and sulk then go for it. I will be buying those games and enjoy them. I was a console gamer all of my life, 

Was? You mean you still are. That's fine with me, but you make your hobby what it is today with your complacency and apathy. Some PC gamers still give some fucks about what companies put out and don't throw money at them. You don't become a PC gamer just because you buy or built a gaming PC. There's a distinct, very real different experience to be found beyond finding cheaper prices on console game ports on Steam which is what got you here anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I know PC gamers are disappointed that the game hasn't come to their platform but i played it the game start to finish on a 360 and yes the graphics were just terrible but the actual gameplay was amazing and what they did with such minimal hardware was no mean feat.

If it does come out on the PC the game will still be worth playing i will personally buy it again just to play with better graphics horsepower.

Don't care, I hate rockstar and they won't be getting my money.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I know PC gamers are disappointed that the game hasn't come to their platform but i played it the game start to finish on a 360 and yes the graphics were just terrible but the actual gameplay was amazing and what they did with such minimal hardware was no mean feat.

If it does come out on the PC the game will still be worth playing i will personally buy it again just to play with better graphics horsepower.

But why should anybody be satisfied with the crap graphics that console gaming gives you? The game should have been on PC a long time ago. Couldn't give a toss about how great the gameplay is if I have to play it with crap graphics on a postage stamp resolution.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I see where you are coming from Fetzie and I do agree to a point but its not all about the graphics IMO.

I see where you are coming from Fetzie and I do agree to a point but its not all about the graphics IMO.

In this case though I gotta ask: Why pay 60 for a new game if only the gameplay is worth it? You could have spent 10 bucks on a copy of GTA San Andreas and gotten virtually the same exact gameplay, and actually a pretty damn close map since it's the same city.

And before you say "online" remember that we already discussed the "good enough" equivalent in page 1: Just Cause 2.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Was? You mean you still are. That's fine with me, but you make your hobby what it is today with your complacency and apathy. Some PC gamers still give some fucks about what companies put out and don't throw money at them. You don't become a PC gamer just because you buy or built a gaming PC. There's a distinct, very real different experience to be found beyond finding cheaper prices on console game ports on Steam which is what got you here anyway.

You make it sound like being a PC gamer is the highest honor that can be bestowed upon a person. I play games on my PC, and only my PC, so I am a PC gamer. It would be pretty silly to be considered a console gamer when I don't even own a console. I came to PC because it offered more freedom.

Also, I said that I do care about what they put out, if you read the other half of my post that you missed out of the quote. I just said I don't care about things being a timed exclusive.

You make it sound like being a PC gamer is the highest honor that can be bestowed upon a person

I do so when I pre-emptively know people will try to make it silly to be a consumer advocate, to actually expect a reasonable product and company track record when investing hard earned money in a game.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I do so when I pre-emptively know people will try to make it silly to be a consumer advocate, to actually expect a reasonable product and company track record when investing hard earned money in a game.

So I take it you're only going to address the first part of every one of my posts? Also, like I said in my previous post and the post before that. I do care about the quality of the product I'm getting.

So I take it you're only going to address the first part of every one of my posts? Also, like I said in my previous post and the post before that. I do care about the quality of the product I'm getting.

Take it as my way to dropping a subject I no longer want to discuss, passively "conceding" per se: Since I made the original post I realize I really don't know enough about you to make a value judgement so I rather not discuss that further since I would offer no constructive arguments and would delve into faulty circular arguments, logical fallacies, etc.

Anyway, as for the second part (Editing cause I honestly forgot) I also made a point to mention a company's track record: There are several companies that made awesome products (Bioware, Maxis, etc) that since have taken a huge metaphorical dump on their company's track record and henceforth I no longer care about what they do and usually make it a point to avoid their newer products.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yes, take a look at my post on page 1: Is not as simple as that. Also take a look at my post in page 2: the engine was already ported it would take almost no effort to come up with a PC version. 

Finally is not as dramatic as you make it out to be: Take Two knows it would have taken little effort to port a PC version and they certainly knew there was a market for the game, yet they choose not to announce it timely and likely not release it for PC at all: it's not very hard to boycott games from a company that doesn't seems to give a single fuck about PC gaming anyway, what are we going to boycott, GTA IV? L.A. Noir? Those were 3 years ago.

There really is nothing to boycott anyway, what is your problem with me saying "Right back at you Rockstar" in response to their very clear "Fuck you" to PC gamers?

I've read you posts. And first of all, the problem is entitlement. You feel as if you're entitled to these, and that if studios do not release a game for the PC they're betraying the PC. That's just nonsense. This is first and foremost a business.

Secondly, you should know that the RDR engine(RAGE) was a complete modified hack-job from the engine in GTAIV, which is why RDR was never released on PC. They've publicly stated the logic behind it: the code is horrific. They don't have the money or time to have a team go in and clean it up to port onto PC. It would have been very expensive. Rockstar considered releasing the game on PC, but ultimately concluded that it would be unviable.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

I don't anymore care if it's gonna release on PC or not and I'm not buying it ever.

Specs: [CPU: Intel i5-4570(Clock to 3.6Ghz)] [GPU: Dual-X R9 270x 2GB] [RAM: x1 HyperX Blu 8GB 1600] [OS: Win8.1]

About time, I've already pre-ordered GTA6 for console. <--- Joking, obviously.  :rolleyes:

Just Cause 2 did GTA better than GTA can do GTA.

Now we have Watch Dogs and The Division. 

GTA just seems so stale now. Open world is what everyone is doing. Hell, Far Cry 3 gave me way more fun in that regard. 

Anyway, as for the second part (Editing cause I honestly forgot) I also made a point to mention a company's track record: There are several companies that made awesome products (Bioware, Maxis, etc) that since have taken a huge metaphorical dump on their company's track record and henceforth I no longer care about what they do and usually make it a point to avoid their newer products.

GTA IV was a mess that shouldn't have even been released in the state that it was, but playing Max Payne 3 made me realise that Rockstar can actually put some effort into their PC games.

GTA IV was a mess that shouldn't have even been released in the state that it was, but playing Max Payne 3 made me realise that Rockstar can actually put some effort into their PC games.

Thank you.

People forget that GTA 4 was an unoptimized pile of meh for PCs. It really was. There is no way around it. 

Man, the PC community sure is a whiny bunch

I hope this is true ive been wanting gta5 on pc for a while now. Cant wait for mods.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..