GTA 5 PC Release Date Nearing? More Postings Revealed on Online Retailers; Details Revealed in June?

nfsundergroundd

Thank you.

People forget that GTA 4 was an unoptimized pile of meh for PCs. It really was. There is no way around it. 

It was at first, but they did fix it. Not defending Rockstar, I've grown tired of all tedious nonsense you have to suffer through in recent GTA games. But they do know how to optimize games for PC. So, for the people who are looking forward to GTA V on PC, there is some how that it will run well. I'll even pick it up eventually when it goes on a STEAM sale for less than $10.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Thank you.

People forget that GTA 4 was an unoptimized pile of meh for PCs. It really was. There is no way around it.

Still fun though. :D

I'm not so hyped about GTA V like I was when it was released, but I'm still going to play it if it's released on PC.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I certainly won't pay 60$ for that game, will see how expensive it is. 60$ is only worth it at release if at all. I usually wait for much lower since I am on a backlog method anyway. I usually buy the interesting games a couple of months off and ive been doing this for a while. Im not on the hype train, but I play the newish games for cheaper.

I have a list I write of games to keep watching. Then, when its 40 or less, I might consider buying it if I realy want to play it but usually is under 30. I played AC4 for 2 months (just finished 95% or something) and I paid 25$ for that + far cry 3 back then :)

my friend said me this:

"GTA V will come out in June for PC and for the new consoles.

ps: trust me, I deliver pizzas to employees of Rockstar's offices in London"

dunno if it's true .. ill hope so

half life 3 is coming out in june too! as well as halo 3 for pc! 

me wait for GTA V is like waiting for Red Dead Redemption... it will never happen

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

pc have all main gta's titels: gta , gta London , gta 2 , gta 3 , gta vice city , gta san andreas , gta iv , gta episodes from liberty city ..this isn't like red dead redemption .

pc have all main gta's titels: gta , gta London , gta 2 , gta 3 , gta vice city , gta san andreas , gta iv , gta episodes from liberty city ..this isn't like red dead redemption .

Never went this long completely unannounced and Red Dead Redemption came after GTA IV so for all you know you're wrong and they have since changed their minds about releasing it for the PC, this is more evident in the fact that is not even announced yet.

-------

Current Rig

-------

GTA IV went this long completely unannounced, and it came out a full 8 months after the console release.

We're not even at that point yet for GTA V, and must also take into account if they are doing what I speculate they're doing, they also have two new consoles to develop a second release on.  GTA V was pretty fun and it's got a more involved online experience I can enjoy with some friends versus Saints Row (my current favourite open world game).  Not actually sure how multiplayer in Watch Dogs works yet, so reserving judgement.  All in all I'm still looking forward to GTA V PC release.  I played it for ~8 hours or so on the Xbox 360 when I used to have it hooked up secondary to my PC monitor.  Man, if you think console games look and play like shit 6-8ft. away on a TV... try it at PC gaming distances.  Really looking forward to the updated version.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

GTA IV went this long completely unannounced, and it came out a full 8 months after the console release.

No you're wrong, GTA IV came out  late april 2008 for the consoles and was announced for PC early august 2008. That's 3 months before it was officially announced. This game came out mid November 2013 for the consoles and we're already almost 5 months in and it hasn't been announced yet. This is already way past what was already unreasonable (3 months) and likely an indication is not coming out at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV

-------

Current Rig

-------

No source...

I played GTA 5 like 5 minutes ago and technically it really sucks on last gen consoles. I can't even see 50 meters because of all these jaggies and the sub 30 hertz framerate gives me eyecancer, that's why it needs a PC port.

It really is a cool game but as a PC gamer, it isn't a joy to play.

I always get into a discussion with a friend who own a PS3 and GTA5, because it looks so hideous compared to any PC game

Master

that doesn't mean they willn't release it .  this time is a bit diferent with the next gen consoles waitting for it too

gta: eflc was announced late january\february to came march (then was delayed to april)

I would say if gta v will come out in june for pc , they will probably announce the game soon (1\2 weeks from now) 

Master

that doesn't mean they willn't release it .  

Your conclusions about the previous games doesn't means they will either. The truth is that we're both speculating and since it's Take Two who takes the position of remaining silent on the issue it's a better and more educated guess that in fact they are not planning on any PC release in the near future (as in within a year or so of console release)

-------

Current Rig

-------

yap , same as ur guess . I don't know if they will release it or not but i think they will

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/06/rockstar-red-dead-redemption-on-pc-isnt-happening-not-viable/

Rockstar has confirmed that Red Dead Redemption is not coming to the PC. In a Q&A on the company's blog, Rockstar explains, "All we can say is that whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC (or any other particular platform) – we will and we usually do; unfortunately, that is just not the case 100% of the time for all platforms."

The post adds, "To PC gamers, we hope that between the Grand Theft Auto titles, and the forthcoming L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3, you'll have plenty of great Rockstar action to enjoy." Just, you know, no cowboy action. Which is like, the best kind of action.

Bullshit: How can it not be technically viable if it's the same stupid fucking engine that has already been ported to the PC? This is a business decision, specifically a business agreement between Take Two and Microsoft/Sony (either or both) to stop releasing their titles on the PC to force interested gamers into an (imho inferior) platform.

-------

Current Rig

-------

bs ?

viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise)

i quote this text just to refer this part

"To PC gamers, we hope that between the Grand Theft Auto titles,..."

You all complain that it doesn't come out on PC at launch....

then when it DOES come out for pc and you are all like "fuck off ill only pay 5$"

No wonder they don't want to release it on PC >< The people on this forum amaze me sometimes

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

wt.. ??!

complaining ? I already pre ordered this game..

they don't want ? ok..

wt.. ??!

complaining ? I already pre ordered this game..

they don't want ? ok..

• PRE-ORDER? One does not simply pre-order from rockstar. hope there is a chance that you can get a REFUND from it

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

lol .. and why u hope that ? ... just because u are too young" i guess

we see this history happening over and over again , i don't understand why ppl are doubting if gta will be launch or not

No you're wrong, GTA IV came out  late april 2008 for the consoles and was announced for PC early august 2008. That's 3 months before it was officially announced. This game came out mid November 2013 for the consoles and we're already almost 5 months in and it hasn't been announced yet. This is already way past what was already unreasonable (3 months) and likely an indication is not coming out at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV

You're right, I was incorrect about the announcement.  However, we are still within the large window between platform releases (albeit not for long), and I think it is very possible Rockstar is considering a PS4/XB1 release as well.  In this case they might be working on DLC first in order to release a "gold edition" of sorts right out of the gate for another platform (hopefully PC, PS4, XB1).

Of course that's a whole bunch of speculation on my part, but it is no worse than concluding there will be no PC version at all.  None of us know the inner workings of Rockstar, what they're up to, their current or future plans, etc.  All we can really do is sit and wait.

7koPYP1.png

SORRY!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Much improved plot.

5jY3dxx.jpg

Personally I feel that Rockstar had a chance to make money off of the pc market but they waited too long and just loss the attention of most PC gamers to games like Watchdogs, thus losing that chance. Also combine how Rockstar been viewing the pc community and also I feel that them releasing a pc port was an afterthought.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w