Star Citizen Pax East 2014 - Actual Ingame Scenes

Gunzkewl

I haven't preordered but after seeing that I am definitely tempted to! 

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

I would love to get excited about this game. But I can't. Because excitement leads to unnecessary expectations and unnecessary expectations leads to fanboyism. I am looking forward to game with very low expectation.

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

I can sees all my money is going to good work!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

seriously? no comments about the worst game demo in history? people have blinders on. I am saying that having spent almost a grand on the game. Yeah its early but still if you show up with a demo in hand it better work. Horrible in every freaking way.  They need to spend less time making shitty YouTube videos and more time on the game. 

Will there be laser blasters, lightsabers and ground battles? This could potentially replace the long awaited Star Wars Battlefront 3 D:

Freeworlds: Tides of War will be in open beta starting tomorrow and the reason why I bring them up is because they have recived questions about making a Star Citizen, Star Wars TC and they mostly replied with Chris being very selective with his choice of words when discribing modding possibilities for Star Citizen. Therefore I don't expect a TC for Star Citizen but it would be epic if there was one and I doubt Star Citizen can have lightsabers, maybe swords but I'm pretty sure Disney and EA would get pissed if Star Citizen had lightsabers. BTW Freeworlds Tides of War: http://www.moddb.com/mods/fwtow

seriously? no comments about the worst game demo in history? people have blinders on. I am saying that having spent almost a grand on the game. Yeah its early but still if you show up with a demo in hand it better work. Horrible in every freaking way.  They need to spend less time making shitty YouTube videos and more time on the game. 

That team that works on the videos isn't the same that works on the game. Sure they have some people that do both but I'm pretty sure that Chris is working overtime on Star Citizen. Also Star Citizen is not your average EA game. Your average EA game wouldn't even be publicly shown yet whereas Star Citizen is. Maybe if you're lucky you would have some screenshots from your average EA PoS game but certianly not any ingame footage demo that is shown LIVE.

seriously? no comments about the worst game demo in history? people have blinders on. I am saying that having spent almost a grand on the game. Yeah its early but still if you show up with a demo in hand it better work. Horrible in every freaking way. They need to spend less time making shitty YouTube videos and more time on the game.

do you know any other game that has done a legit live demo this early in development, imo it was fantastic given the circumstance, and for the video, they have staff dedicated to editing them, which leaves them whit just the recording time out of the development

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

People don't comment on it because it was to be expected.(It's PRE alpha)

The Battlefield 4 closed alpha (alpha not even pre alpha) didn't even have textures.

So the condition of the game is amazing for this early stage

And the game itself looked stunning when it worked.

They even had PBR already in the game I wasn't expecting that anytime soon.

RTX2070OC 

I have also spent about $800 on this game and Yea I was a little let down the way the presentation went but seriously this was a fluke thing. I was plenty impressed with the footage shown, it was amazing and the crowd was loving it... Until the bugs poped up. You need to remember this is a pre pre alpha, these things are gonna happen whether you like it or not.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

do you know any other game that has done a legit live demo this early in development, imo it was fantastic given the circumstance, and for the video, they have staff dedicated to editing them, which leaves them whit just the recording time out of the development

you dont show up and play the game then make an excuse for why you sucked. Just how things are in life...you show up you perform. 

Looks pretty sick but I need more!!

Dogfight vs pve, pvp.. is nice but as a Eve player I would like to have more stuff to do and explore.

you dont show up and play the game then make an excuse for why you sucked. Just how things are in life...you show up you perform.

all demos are presented by developers, that work in front of a screen sitting in an office, all of them are extremely nervous the moment they present a game in front of a stage whit thousands of people, which is why the just grab a controller, doing nothing, while a prerecorded demo runs at the same, even when they talk they just read a teleprompter this way the avoid all the issues CR had in the presentation, these guys had balls to show a live demo, where they could just show up a prerecorded demo showing the same stuff minus the crashes and bugs, IMHO they performed excellent due to the circumstances 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

all demos are presented by developers, that work in front of a screen sitting in an office, all of them are extremely nervous the moment they present a game in front of a stage whit thousands of people, which is why the just grab a controller, doing nothing, while a prerecorded demo runs at the same, even when they talk they just read a teleprompter this way the avoid all the issues CR had in the presentation, these guys had balls to show a live demo, where they could just show up a prerecorded demo showing the same stuff minus the crashes and bugs, IMHO520they peformed excellent due to the circumstances 

I have seem tons and tons of live demos, some great some shitty and we all know w en demos%arent liveI am just saying that this was the worst I have ever seen, ever! it was a fuck up after another and even when it did work it was buggy as hell. The only saving grace is that its way way early and everything can be fix. None of this changes the fact that they fucked up. I am very invested in the game but I would have rather them waited till they were ready to show something then to shit a giant turd. You can make excuses for them, doesn't change what I saw. I cant wait for things to progress, I look forward to it but for now...its shit. 

I'll say it again, if you show up you better perform and not make excuses when you fuck up. Just how life goes man.  

I have seem tons and tons of live demos, some great some shitty and we all know w en demos%arent liveI am just saying that this was the worst I have ever seen, ever! it was a fuck up after another and even when it did work it was buggy as hell. The only saving grace is that its way way early and everything can be fix. None of this changes the fact that they fucked up. I am very invested in the game but I would have rather them waited till they were ready to show something then to shit a giant turd. You can make excuses for them, doesn't change what I saw. I cant wait for things to progress, I look forward to it but for now...its shit. 

I'll say it again, if you show up you better perform and not make excuses when you fuck up. Just how life goes man.  

ok i understand it was somewhat bad and that they should have delayed the presentation, still i think it was great (IMHO), the problem was that nobody can delay pax, and that was their focus, show something for pax, probably if it was worst they could have canceled, but they made the commitment and decided to show what they have despite the problems, i guess this is why they are saying end of month now for release instead of the rumored 18th of april, anyways, i can see now why you where disappointed whit the presentation

Incredible...

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

ok i understand it was somewhat bad and that they should have delayed the presentation, still i think it was great (IMHO), the problem was that nobody can delay pax, and that was their focus, show something for pax, probably if it was worst they could have canceled, but they made the commitment and decided to show what they have despite the problems, i guess this is why they are saying end of month now for release instead of the rumored 18th of april, anyways, i can see now why you where disappointed whit the presentation

Yeah man, I am not trashing them to hate, I just thought it was horrible. I truly hope things turn out great in the end. I just find it almost troublesome how so many people thought it was a great demo. At best it was just OK but only OK if you take into consideration its early alpha but aside from that yuck. Trying to take out a wing by hitting an asteroid only to bounce off it multiple times then finally crash only when attempting to land lolz....

Glad to see my money going to good work! I can't wait for the dog fighting module to be finally released.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Yeah man, I am not trashing them to hate, I just thought it was horrible. I truly hope things turn out great in the end. I just find it almost troublesome how so many people thought it was a great demo. At best it was just OK but only OK if you take into consideration its early alpha but aside from that yuck. Trying to take out a wing by hitting an asteroid only to bounce off it multiple times then finally crash only when attempting to land lolz....

Considering the game isn't going to be in a alpha-state for at least 7~8 Months I'm surprised at how well it worked. The detail of the physics going into this is going to be ridiculously in-depth, you shouldn't expect it to work in anyway shape or form this early into development.

What was shown was graphically impressive and the vectoring thrusters is a truly impressive piece of technology, It'll only improve from here.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

Will there be laser blasters, lightsabers and ground battles? This could potentially replace the long awaited Star Wars Battlefront 3 D:

Star Citizen is going to have ground and in ship infantry fights. I doubt there would be lightsabers though.

Considering the game isn't going to be in a alpha-state for at least 7~8 Months I'm surprised at how well it worked. The detail of the physics going into this is going to be ridiculously in-depth, you shouldn't expect it to work in anyway shape or form this early into development.

What was shown was graphically impressive and the vectoring thrusters is a truly impressive piece of technology, It'll only improve from here.

that was kind of my point...it was a hot dumb blonde. looked good but no way was ready for demo.