Star Citizen Pax East 2014 - Actual Ingame Scenes

Gunzkewl

Star Citizen is going to have ground and in ship infantry fights. I doubt there would be lightsabers though.

who needs light-sabers when it has crossbows!

that was kind of my point...it was a hot dumb blonde. looked good but no way was ready for demo. 

And that's my point. They're showing it before most developers would even consider it, because people really wanted to see it. Considering how this is crowd funded they feel pressured into showing it to the people who made it a reality.

What has been shown has to be taken with a grain of salt, and for what it is, It is impressive.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

And that's my point. They're showing it before most developers would even consider it, because people really wanted to see it. Considering how this is crowd funded they feel pressured into showing it to the people who made it a reality.

What has been shown has to be taken with a grain of salt, and for what it is, It is impressive.

only in gaming man, only in gaming. You show that kind of work anywhere else you are out of a job...thank god they are sitting on a pile of money. 

only in gaming man, only in gaming. You show that kind of work anywhere else you are out of a job...thank god they are sitting on a pile of money. 

This is the kind of proof of concept developers would show publishers, that goes for all types of software not just gaming related.

Consumers are just less adjusted to seeing things so early and unfinished which tends to mean they're overcritical of a product when its actually quite fantastic as a demo/proof of concept.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

This is the kind of proof of concept developers would show publishers, that goes for all types of software not just gaming related.

Consumers are just less adjusted to seeing things so early and unfinished which tends to mean they're overcritical of a product when its actually quite fantastic as a demo/proof of concept.

I been gaming over 30 years man....I have seen a lot of early shit and this was the biggest pile lol. Could care less what the masses think, I have an asshole just like you right?  :P Of course I know things will get better but I can only comment on what I see not what I hope. 

Can't watch the whole video, I just skipped around but man that looks impressive. Did they mention what kind of hardware they were using?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I have seem tons and tons of live demos, some great some shitty and we all know w en demos%arent liveI am just saying that this was the worst I have ever seen, ever! it was a fuck up after another and even when it did work it was buggy as hell. The only saving grace is that its way way early and everything can be fix. None of this changes the fact that they fucked up. I am very invested in the game but I would have rather them waited till they were ready to show something then to shit a giant turd. You can make excuses for them, doesn't change what I saw. I cant wait for things to progress, I look forward to it but for now...its shit. 

I'll say it again, if you show up you better perform and not make excuses when you fuck up. Just how life goes man.

Well it's your fault for investing hundreds of dollars into a game that wasn't even supposed to be released soon. You should have also knew that this dev team is no where near as big as other game devs' staff so progress isn't as fast. You should have also knew that nothing is perfect and they didn't have to do this, but they did because they wanted to. You should also know that with hype comes expectations, and you're someone who hyped it so much and had high expectations you shat a giant turd because of few issues. OTher than that? Game is amazingly fine. They're progressing and the DFM will be fine. I've had my huge share of bug encountering thanks to battlefield 4 and well this is nothing compared to it. Just how life goes man.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

seriously? no comments about the worst game demo in history? people have blinders on. I am saying that having spent almost a grand on the game. Yeah its early but still if you show up with a demo in hand it better work. Horrible in every freaking way.  They need to spend less time making shitty YouTube videos and more time on the game. 

Of course it blows dick, most of them probably suck at playing a video game decently. He's also controlling it with a xbox controller, which is a horrid idea. Keyboard and mouse would've made that so much better. The problem was him controlling the ship poorly, because he's bad at it. There wasn't much buggy about it. Other then Chris Roberts making mistakes.

He had godmode off at the wrong time and on at the wrong time, he had his PC not setup properly so windows kept popping up.

The demo was set up poorly and executed poorly the game is fine, open your eyes.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needs more lens flares.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Well it's your fault for investing hundreds of dollars into a game that wasn't even supposed to be released soon. You should have also knew that this dev team is no where near as big as other game devs' staff so progress isn't as fast. You should have also knew that nothing is perfect and they didn't have to do this, but they did because they wanted to. You should also know that with hype comes expectations, and you're someone who hyped it so much and had high expectations you shat a giant turd because of few issues. OTher than that? Game is amazingly fine. They're progressing and the DFM will be fine. I've had my huge share of bug encountering thanks to battlefield 4 and well this is nothing compared to it. Just how life goes man.

whats my fault? i said the live demo was shit. I know its going to get better but that doesnt mean they weren't  premature in showing what they had. I can afford to lose that money I don't care about that. shit is shit period. we are talking about a demo, nothing more nothing less. 

That didn't look so great.  I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the estimated early 2015 release.

Creative Build Name Here

i7 3930K | Rampage IV Extreme | NH-U14S | GTX 680 x2 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Coolermaster 1000W | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Western Digital Black 2TB x2 | 12GB RAM Disk | HE-500 Headphones

All in the Fractal Design Define XL R2

It looks good however the reveal was poorly rehearsed and the module still needs more work done obviously.... 

I'm just going to sit and wait. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I was going to wait for my birthday to grab a Beta/Alpha spot and a AURORA LN But seeing as there are less than 2000 spots left in the beta I snagged one now I imagine once dog fighting opens to supporters those last 1950 spots will evaporate pretty quickly.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

just wanted to let everyone who is considering getting into this game during the alpha there are only 1966 slots left at the time I write this, if you want in the lowest level to get alpha access is the $40 Aurora MR+ package. and you get the full game, which for a AAA game 40 is cheap. once those slots are gone, you can buy in but you have to buy each alpha and beta part seperately.

If you buy in before the 43m dollar goal is met you will get an in game towel, and everyone knows how epic towels are.

LOL! I seriously were thinking that the really, REALLY weird voice was an  voice actor in the game...took me 15-20 seconds to realize what was happening.

That man should not be allowed to speak publicly. His voice is the most annoying thing ever

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Seriously LOL'd at the soft landing and breaking wing part, especially when CR rammed the hornet into an asteroid and nothing happened.

Seriously LOL'd at the soft landing and breaking wing part, especially when CR rammed the hornet into an asteroid and nothing happened.

That part was golden :D

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I wish they would come out with a free benchmarking tool for star citizen. I would love to see the performance I would get with my rig.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Helmet.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm more interested in the ground combat. They said you will be able to land on planets, show that off please.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I have seem tons and tons of live demos, some great some shitty and we all know w en demos%arent liveI am just saying that this was the worst I have ever seen, ever! it was a fuck up after another and even when it did work it was buggy as hell. The only saving grace is that its way way early and everything can be fix. None of this changes the fact that they fucked up. I am very invested in the game but I would have rather them waited till they were ready to show something then to shit a giant turd. You can make excuses for them, doesn't change what I saw. I cant wait for things to progress, I look forward to it but for now...its shit. 

I'll say it again, if you show up you better perform and not make excuses when you fuck up. Just how life goes man.  

Maybe this kind of open development just isn't for you. This approach of early access to information, demos and even hands-on software has _never_ been done before so If you compare it to other of the tons and tons of demos you have seen before then you are are making a bit of a fool of yourself. Also by resorting to profanity.

They stated beforehand and very clearly that at that stage not even a publisher would see a build (who gets to see stuff months before the public). You can either appreciate their openness or ignore it and wait until they have something they consider beta status. In your case you do not seem to have a deep understandung of software development (which is totally ok), and I understand if you feel agitated because you do not know how to categorize seeing software this early in its development process - months before anyone else would do any demos. Being a Dev (not games though) myself I was impressed, like really impressed.

Anyhow, lets hear the man himself had to say about it after the presentation:

Edit: corrected a few typos, making less of a fool of myself ;-)

do you know any other game that has done a legit live demo this early in development, imo it was fantastic given the circumstance, and for the video, they have staff dedicated to editing them, which leaves them whit just the recording time out of the development

Yes, Divinity: Original Sin made veeeery early demo. Also Distance.

Maybe this kind of open development just isn't for you. This approach of early access to information, demos and even hands-on software has _never_ been done before so If you compare it to other of the tons and tons of demos you have seen before then you are are making a bit of a fool of yourself. Also by resorting to profanity.

They stated beforehand and very clearly that at that stage not even a publisher would see a build (who gets to see stuff months before the public). You can either appreciate their openness or ignore it and wait until they have something they consider beta status. In your case you do not seem to have a deep understandung of software development (which is totally ok), and I understand if you feel agitated because you do not know how to categorize seeing software this early in its development process - months before anyone else would do any demos. Being a Dev (not games though) myself I was impressed, like really impressed.

Anyhow, lets hear the man himself had to say about it after the presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWHEmAZ_Xk

Edit: corrected a few typos, making less of a fool of myself ;-)

This right here. You've nailed it on the head.

Yes a few other games have shown off fairly early material, but if this was a AAA game from a big publisher (valve, EA, blizzard, etc), then we wouldn't see a live gameplay demo for probably 8 months.

@LancerBG I think you're being incredibly unreasonable in your expectations. You keep saying "shit is shit" and how they should have waited to show off stuff. So what you're saying, is that you prefer a normal publisher backed development cycle? If that's the case, then you kickstarted the wrong game. They've been upfront from DAY ONE that they will be showing off stuff in every stage of development. They said that as soon as there's something playable, we'll see it... Well, we did. It wasn't perfect, there were some bugs, but goddamn they did a good job considering how early this is. PRE-ALPHA. You should get used to that term.

If you don't want to see buggy gameplay that occasionally crashes or weird things happen, or doesn't look 100% polished, then just wait until Q4 2014 or Q1 2015, because man, it's gonna be a long time until this is even considered "Beta".

I think they did a fantastic job. They'll get better at the presentations themselves, and better at the public speaking as they get more practice. Besides, would anyone honestly want them to waste money paying a professional public speaker to do these events, rather then using that money towards making the game better? I can't wait to see more.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)