Star Citizen Pax East 2014 - Actual Ingame Scenes

Gunzkewl

The demo was apalling to be honest, some of the worst organization I've ever seen which goes outside of the state of the game.

Still interested in the project of course, but it must be acknowledged that Chris Roberts is not a very good speaker.

I am so ready for some dog fighting . "Come get some" :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

... mmm... ah... IT LOOKS GORGEOUS I WANT SOOOOO BAD :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  -_-

do you know any other game that has done a legit live demo this early in development, imo it was fantastic given the circumstance, and for the video, they have staff dedicated to editing them, which leaves them whit just the recording time out of the development

yes. This game started development in 2011. It's been two years.

Yeah man, I am not trashing them to hate, I just thought it was horrible. I truly hope things turn out great in the end. I just find it almost troublesome how so many people thought it was a great demo. At best it was just OK but only OK if you take into consideration its early alpha but aside from that yuck. Trying to take out a wing by hitting an asteroid only to bounce off it multiple times then finally crash only when attempting to land lolz....

Yeah, I actually agree with you here. I mean the ship looked good but everything else well...no so much.

Honestly I think Freelancer has this game beat right now. And that title is ancient.

The gameplay I saw merely made me go "meh". Not "OMG that's amazing!" I don't see how it's amazing at all.

Star Citizen is going to have ground and in ship infantry fights. I doubt there would be lightsabers though.

Much, much later than the release date. It's something they'd like to do but is by no means going to come at launch or even within months of launch.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

yes. This game started development in 2011. It's been two years.

don't you mean 3? or rather that it started in 2012

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I have seem tons and tons of live demos, some great some shitty and we all know w en demos%arent liveI am just saying that this was the worst I have ever seen, ever! it was a fuck up after another and even when it did work it was buggy as hell. The only saving grace is that its way way early and everything can be fix. None of this changes the fact that they fucked up. I am very invested in the game but I would have rather them waited till they were ready to show something then to shit a giant turd. You can make excuses for them, doesn't change what I saw. I cant wait for things to progress, I look forward to it but for now...its shit. 

I'll say it again, if you show up you better perform and not make excuses when you fuck up. Just how life goes man.  

When you see a 'live demo' of a game that's in the early stages of development, it's entirely fake. What they do is decide which section of the game they want to show off, then they allocate the majority of their development team to work on it for a while and make it extremely polished. Meanwhile the rest of the game is trundling along at a slower pace because they're all working on a small section of the game solely for the purpose of showing it off to everyone.

Personally, I'd prefer they make a demo that's an accurate portrayal of how the game really is. I feel much more trusting of a game and the company making it when they aren't terrified of showing us their game with a few bugs here and there. I'd also prefer that they spend their time trying to improve the actual game rather than working on polishing one tiny section of it for the sake of a few-minutes long trailer.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

don't you mean 3? or rather that it started in 2012

Well it hasn't been 2014 for that long and I was rounding down.

When you see a 'live demo' of a game that's in the early stages of development, it's entirely fake. What they do is decide which section of the game they want to show off, then they allocate the majority of their development team to work on it for a while and make it extremely polished. Meanwhile the rest of the game is trundling along at a slower pace because they're all working on a small section of the game solely for the purpose of showing it off to everyone.

Personally, I'd prefer they make a demo that's an accurate portrayal of how the game really is. I feel much more trusting of a game and the company making it when they aren't terrified of showing us their game with a few bugs here and there. I'd also prefer that they spend their time trying to improve the actual game rather than working on polishing one tiny section of it for the sake of a few-minutes long trailer.

One would hope that if they put that much effort into a small trailer then they'll put that much effort into the whole game, rather than showing us a glitchy mess. The small trailer would be showing us what's to come, and since you trust them so much, you'd be able to know that that's what you would get.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

One would hope that if they put that much effort into a small trailer then they'll put that much effort into the whole game, rather than showing us a glitchy mess. The small trailer would be showing us what's to come, and since you trust them so much, you'd be able to know that that's what you would get.

That's one way of looking at it, yeah.

I just see it differently. Battlefield 4's early trailers were absolutely flawless, yet when the game was launched it was essentially broken and even to this day remains laughably buggy - and they have a substantially greater budget than Star Citizen with a development team probably ten times as big. Excessive focus on polishing demo content leads to less time and resources to spend on the rest of the game. With Star Citizen they're being much more open and honest than pretty much anyone else has been in game development for such a big title - they're making the game as good as it can be and are simply showing it off as they go along, instead of splitting their team up to make a fancy demo.

It's like a build log. You don't criticise someone over their build because they're showing you an incomplete version, you wait until it has finished it and judge it then. Until then, it's just a work in progress and everything is subject to change.

That's one way of looking at it, yeah.

I just see it differently. Battlefield 4's early trailers were absolutely flawless, yet when the game was launched it was essentially broken and even to this day remains laughably buggy - and they have a substantially greater budget than Star Citizen with a development team probably ten times as big. Excessive focus on polishing demo content leads to less time and resources to spend on the rest of the game. With Star Citizen they're being much more open and honest than pretty much anyone else has been in game development for such a big title - they're making the game as good as it can be and are simply showing it off as they go along, instead of splitting their team up to make a fancy demo.

It's like a build log. You don't criticise someone over their build because they're showing you an incomplete version, you wait until it has finished it and judge it then. Until then, it's just a work in progress and everything is subject to change.

Not that I disagree with you, but if I had a dollar for every time I heard "it's alpha/beta/centari it'll be fixed when it's released" I could probably pay off America's debt.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Not that I disagree with you, but if I had a dollar for every time I heard "it's alpha/beta/centari it'll be fixed when it's released" I could probably pay off America's debt.

And is that any better then being completely lied to with many "AAA" live gameplay demos that looked immaculate/bug free and the game comes out and turns out to be a piece of bug-ridden shit?

Personally, I very much like the fact that we're seeing the state of the actual game, not some polished up turd that has no bearing on actual development progress. WIP bro.

And sure, there've been plenty of times where devs have said "it'll be fixed on release" and it turns out that's not the case, but basically no-game ever is going to be bug free this early in the dev cycle for a game of this complexity. All I can do is trust the dev's, and track progress and hope to see improvements. If we're a month from release, and the gameplay demos/beta is still a buggy mess, THEN I'll be pissed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oh, I absolutely agree with you. But if a game's going to be buggy on launch it's going to be buggy on launch - if we're aware of that fact beforehand then we're in a better position to judge whether or not we're willing to buy the game anyway or wait until it's in a better state.

Even if Star Citizen is as buggy on launch as it was on the livestream, I'll still be happily playing it. It is a fantastic game and I have faith that the developers have enough passion and interest in it and the community to fix the problems post launch. :)

Looks pretty sick but I need more!!

Dogfight vs pve, pvp.. is nice but as a Eve player I would like to have more stuff to do and explore.

You should get more, much more, but they have to start somewhere. this is just 1 part of the game and it will be released an year and a half before the actual game. You will have more to do in that part then in Battlefield 4, not to mention that now it has only one bug more then the day one Actual "AAA" release of Battlefield 4, so

I have seem tons and tons of live demos, some great some shitty and we all know w en demos%arent liveI am just saying that this was the worst I have ever seen, ever! it was a fuck up after another and even when it did work it was buggy as hell. The only saving grace is that its way way early and everything can be fix. None of this changes the fact that they fucked up. I am very invested in the game but I would have rather them waited till they were ready to show something then to shit a giant turd. You can make excuses for them, doesn't change what I saw. I cant wait for things to progress, I look forward to it but for now...its shit. 

I'll say it again, if you show up you better perform and not make excuses when you fuck up. Just how life goes man.  

how can we comment on the "shitty" demo we have seen, when we know it only needs some more work to be fixed and be as good as one of most played games. What you are saying is true the demo was a bad one and they should have done it better not for me but for the people who still need convincing. The only conclusion I can draw from the demo is, they were so into the development of this thing that they forgot to put up a decant script, "for god's sake" CR didn't know where to start his game from, what conclusion can be taken from that, maybe they didn't take it seriously? if that is so I don't care, maybe I should but I don't, other then that I almost cried out loud in front of the monitor during the hangar entry so it already is better entertainment then most of the things I have seen in my life, maybe if they release a "shitty" actual DFM where I can see design issues and something actually troublesome and not easily fixable then I will be unhappy but for now...

+1 to your comment