Just so i dont shoot myself in the foot now, is A-RGB compatible with RGB connectors? (Corsair's RGB LED HUB)

MultiGamerClub
9 hours ago, NorKris said:

Corsair uses ARGB with connectors that no1 else uses + they have profiles and patterns specific for their fans 

if u connect 3rd party fans to the Cmd Pro or Node, in Icue its best to tell them that u connected 6 RGB strips

well the connectors were used from the cdrom to the mb for audio and i be leave molex owns the patent so ya its been used on pcs before.

dell also used the 5pin on there fans too and most likely servers fans used em too.

http://www.pctechguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/connections.gif

c206_024p2.gif

Parts of Motherboard CD IN - Techchore

Audio Hardware and Sound Cards | Absolute Beginners Guide to A+  Certification. Covers the Hardware and Operating Systems Exam

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

4 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Windows loads in 7 seconds, ive figured out how to configure the fans with ICUE now and it loads correct fan profiles now too.

I suspect Ai Suite 5 is interferring with ICUE trying to regain control over the fans..

Also the commander pro, im not sure yet. I could have used my MB's headers but at 0.99A (3x120mm PWM/PST) on a 1A header.. Too close for comfort for my use.

Not sure it was a waste, but if i could not control the fans in the end.. I might have just shipped it back.

you can buy a powered pwm hub... or make your own cables. you send 1 fans tac and pwm to the mb and get ground and 12v from the psu. no more 1 amp limit. the cpu fan header normally has more amps thoew like 3 amps and some have 2 of thows so...

although all the fans will fallow the cpu temp if plugged in to the cpu header. but most like it quiet at idle and ramp up gaming you bios as far as i no cant fallow the gpu temp or any mbs that ive had dose not offer that.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

if ur right, i wanna learn new stuff. and maybe more ppl on this forum can learn new stuff too 😛 

thats why we nerds on this forum 🙃

you calling me a nerd....ya i just got a 8800 gt from ebay...haha

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

you can buy a powered pwm hub... or make your own cables. you send 1 fans tac and pwm to the mb and get ground and 12v from the psu. no more 1 amp limit. the cpu fan header normally has more amps thoew like 3 amps and some have 2 of thows so...

I didnt understand half of this, also i have a pwm hub.. The commander Pro. When i plugged the USB 2.0 header into the motherboard it got full control.

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

although all the fans will fallow the cpu temp if plugged in to the cpu header. but most like it quiet at idle and ramp up gaming you bios as far as i no cant fallow the gpu temp or any mbs that ive had dose not offer that.

Yeah haha no, im glad i got the commander pro to make the bottom fans follow the gpu for more airflow blowing into the gpu and my side intakes just to follow its own path..

While my top fans blowing into the rad for my cpu just follows the cpu.. But i'll probably set it to be more aggressive so it takes out air and doesnt create hot air bubbles.

GPU idling at 24c and cpu at 26c is really nice with a high airflow case xD

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

16 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I didnt understand half of this, also i have a pwm hub.. The commander Pro. When i plugged the USB 2.0 header into the motherboard it got full control.

Yeah haha no, im glad i got the commander pro to make the bottom fans follow the gpu for more airflow blowing into the gpu and my side intakes just to follow its own path..

While my top fans blowing into the rad for my cpu just follows the cpu.. But i'll probably set it to be more aggressive so it takes out air and doesnt create hot air bubbles.

GPU idling at 24c and cpu at 26c is really nice with a high airflow case xD

you were saying the commander pro is expensive way to control fans and mb headers have a amp limit. i gave cheaper options that are free or cheaper. not as much control but way cheaper that most people are fine with.

99% of people used the diy method and used a program called speed fan to adjust the mb headers to fallow the gpu but speed fan is a pane to use and i dont think it gets updated to use with newer stuff. there is a pined topic of a guy made his own speed fan program. looks to be only windows 10 thow...

so no you dont need to spend $80 to get fan control.  ovis what is done is done  and the moneys been spent.

also back then you only had 1 pwm header and the rest were 3 pin now days you get like 2-3 pwm just for the cpu and like a bunch more pwm headers using my asus rampage 2 extreme mb for an example and it was a hi end mb at the time.

Edited by thrasher_565

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

well the connectors were used from the cdrom to the mb for audio and i be leave molex owns the patent so ya its been used on pcs before.

dell also used the 5pin on there fans too and most likely servers fans used em too.

http://www.pctechguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/connections.gif

Didnt say they invented them, just that no1 else uses them these days 😛 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

anys news on the test?

Nothing happened 🙄

Let it run for 6 hours while watching a series and nothing.. Icue didn't lose control and it worked like normal, but the CPU got slightly warmer leading to 43-45c browsing the web 😅

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

10 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Nothing happened 🙄

Let it run for 6 hours while watching a series and nothing.. Icue didn't lose control and it worked like normal, but the CPU got slightly warmer leading to 43-45c browsing the web 😅

its kinda what i was expecting ... Commander Pro ftw

9 minutes ago, NorKris said:

its kinda what i was expecting ... Commander Pro ftw

Hehe yeah.. Not sure why it dipped or lost control earlier.. Just glad it didn't happen.

Not gonna be on the pc for a while, but will check further or comment later if something happens.

But I doubt it.

On 10/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, minibois said:

Corsair RGB is fully Corsair's own thing, other RGB fans and stuff don't work with their controllers. The Commander Pro has 6 PWM headers and officially they don't support splitters, but I can't say I've ever tried one on a Commander Pro.

Not true, I have ordered A-ARG to iCue compatible cable so that I could attach my 6 ARGB EK Varders to my Lighting Node Pro and control them all through iCue software. Takes a bit of configuring but it is doable. Their connector is the same pin-outs as ARGB just in a different connector... cause you know, gotta keep em in the Corsair eccosystem.

EZDIY-FAB Adapter Cable for Corsair Lighting Node Pro and for Corsair ICUE Commander PRO,Smart RGB Lighting,Connect to Any 5V 3 Pin ARGB Devices-2 x 20cm : Amazon.ca: Electronics

59 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Not true, I have ordered A-ARG to iCue compatible cable so that I could attach my 6 ARGB EK Varders to my Lighting Node Pro and control them all through iCue software. Takes a bit of configuring but it is doable. Their connector is the same pin-outs as ARGB just in a different connector... cause you know, gotta keep em in the Corsair eccosystem.

EZDIY-FAB Adapter Cable for Corsair Lighting Node Pro and for Corsair ICUE Commander PRO,Smart RGB Lighting,Connect to Any 5V 3 Pin ARGB Devices-2 x 20cm : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Someone I know used an Arduino Pro Micro with some software on it to act like a Corsair Node Pro and connected some Phanteks fans to it, which iCue can control if you tell it those fans are Corsair HD fans.

So yes, I am aware you can trick the software into working with non-Corsair products, but I wouldn't say they are supported. People that know how to make this sort of stuff work will understand what they have to do to make it work and those who don't likely aren't interested in a hacky solution (plus, I wouldn't recommend people do this sort of modding either, only at their own risk).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

@miniboisThere was no Adruino required, it is simply cable that converts an ARGB cables pinout to Corsairs RGB pin out. You just plug into node pro like any other Corsair product. The only configuration really that is required is to select a fan or lightstrip that has  roughly the same number of LEDs in iCues software. It was a very plug n play solution. 

Edit: From what I have read Corsair uses the ARGB standard, however it uses it's own connector. That's why it just works when you adapt a standard ARGB cable to Corsair's connector. No tom foolery required. 

12 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

ek uses the stranded 2+1 pin argb connector and corsair dose not uses a 4pin argb connector. 5v clock data ground. its a older strips the 3 pin is newer. ya corsair an top company using the cheapest oldest strips...

4pins for the fans and 3 pins for the strips

corsair hub rgb strip psu power - v2.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

15 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

@miniboisThere was no Adruino required, it is simply cable that converts an ARGB cables pinout to Corsairs RGB pin out. You just plug into node pro like any other Corsair product. The only configuration really that is required is to select a fan or lightstrip that has  roughly the same number of LEDs in iCues software. It was a very plug n play solution. 

Edit: From what I have read Corsair uses the ARGB standard, however it uses it's own connector. That's why it just works when you adapt a standard ARGB cable to Corsair's connector. No tom foolery required. 

i agree. how ever its not "  it is simply cable that converts an ARGB cables pinout to Corsairs RGB pin out."

its more

a simple connector change 

but that makes ur agument stronger 🙂

@thrasher_565You don't use the Corsair Fan RGB hub to connect the standard ARGB fans like EK's, you use the Node Pro, or the Commander Pro's light channels. Those are ARGB ports with proprietary connectors.  The Corsair RGB fans need to use that hub, but standard ARGB fans / lightstrips do not. They just connect to the adapter that I linked and then directly into one of the two channels on the Node Pro. You can use splitters if you want to control multiple rgb devices. However using the splitters, you don't get the granularity that you would if you were using Corsairs products. IE) Each device connected to a splitter is only considered one device and you can only control lighting for all devices at once. 

Is it 100% the same as a full Corsair setup? No, but it allows you to break free from the Corsair ecosystem if you wanted. All the while still using your favorite custom iCue profiles.

However with that said and the diagram you presented. Kinda makes me wanna try it that way.

22 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

@thrasher_565You don't use the Corsair Fan RGB hub to connect the standard ARGB fans like EK's, you use the Node Pro, or the Commander Pro's light channels. Those are ARGB ports with proprietary connectors.  The Corsair RGB fans need to use that hub, but standard ARGB fans / lightstrips do not. They just connect to the adapter that I linked and then directly into one of the two channels on the Node Pro. You can use splitters if you want to control multiple rgb devices. However using the splitters, you don't get the granularity that you would if you were using Corsairs products. IE) Each device connected to a splitter is only considered one device and you can only control lighting for all devices at once. 

Is it 100% the same as a full Corsair setup? No, but it allows you to break free from the Corsair ecosystem if you wanted. All the while still using your favorite custom iCue profiles.

However with that said and the diagram you presented. Kinda makes me wanna try it that way.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144035559265?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

3pin

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

@thrasher_565Much appreciated. Thanks for the link!

if you want rgb to argb

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/373449867766?hash=item56f358c1f6:g:DkMAAOSwsV5e4v~M