Just so i dont shoot myself in the foot now, is A-RGB compatible with RGB connectors? (Corsair's RGB LED HUB)

MultiGamerClub

Have ordered 9 Arctic P12 PWM PST A-RGB 0Db fans (3x3packs) and im not sure if the connectors are compatible, pretty stupid to ask about this now..

But i have until 4 november until both the case and my fans get sent together.. or atleast thats what support said the case will get in stock.

So, am i shooting myself in the foot or am i worrying too much? Cant find much on Corsairs website so asking here 😐

Also buyed the Commander pro from corsair so i can manage the 9 fans from the same pwm cable as they attach to eachother, but those look like they fit.. or atleast they should fit.

Any advice is appreciated as this is the first time i touch controllers and led controller for the new Lian Li Dynamic White case i ordered 🙂

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

The majority of rgb systems are proprietary and not compatible with eachother. There doesnt really exist any sort of standardization with rgb hardware or software. Even systems that claim to be compatible have issues. Basically youll just have to find out if they work or not and for how long as any update can/will break functionality as well.

I can tell you without waiting that the connectors on those fans aren't going to be compatible with Corsairs equipment. You'd need a 3-pin ARGB hub or controller to work with those fans. 

If you truly want to keep things simple and software free, this thing does a great job. There is nothing but pain when RGB software is involved. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/1W7-005X-00094?Description=ARGB controller

Corsair RGB is fully Corsair's own thing, other RGB fans and stuff don't work with their controllers. The Commander Pro has 6 PWM headers and officially they don't support splitters, but I can't say I've ever tried one on a Commander Pro.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, emosun said:

The majority of rgb systems are proprietary and not compatible with eachother. There doesnt really exist any sort of standardization with rgb hardware or software. Even systems that claim to be compatible have issues. Basically youll just have to find out if they work or not and for how long as any update can/will break functionality as well.

Darn, was hoping for the best.

1 hour ago, rickeo said:

I can tell you without waiting that the connectors on those fans aren't going to be compatible with Corsairs equipment. You'd need a 3-pin ARGB hub or controller to work with those fans. 

If you truly want to keep things simple and software free, this thing does a great job. There is nothing but pain when RGB software is involved. 

https://www.newegg.com/p/1W7-005X-00094?Description=ARGB controller

I was tempted to cancel the order.. But ive just recieved an email that it got sent out 2 hours ago.. Supposed to arrive to norway in 2 days 😐

Kinda feel stupid, thought the only local or near option was Commander Pro but oof, hard lesson learned.

Think ill have to find it local or in my country.. Err.. Well not that i dont have time but i guess after getting the case and fans cancelled 2 times now in a week im kinda scratchy to build the damn thing x'D

Edit1 to this reply above: "The site is unavailable in the European Union." Oh well, guess AliExpress or eBay is next.. Unless shipping is twice the box and import is worse, the search goes on 😄

59 minutes ago, minibois said:

Corsair RGB is fully Corsair's own thing, other RGB fans and stuff don't work with their controllers. The Commander Pro has 6 PWM headers and officially they don't support splitters, but I can't say I've ever tried one on a Commander Pro.

Well RIP, guess i'll have to install a third controller.. Was thinking of taking the pwm connections of the Arctic P12 PWM PST's for the Commander PRo and dump the RGB or A-RGB cables on Corsairs RGB LED HUB but oof.. Well then, already banked the account already so oof.

Thanks for the inputs, if it truly doesnt fit together i'll honestly just give it away unless my brother or friends might need one.

edit2: Found the controller on AliExpress for 10$.. wtf.. Shipping included its 20$~ but its gonna take until February to recieve it.. Im not waiting 3 months for a damn controller xD. Something is fucked with shipping to norway from china.

edit3: I remember i got a controller with the MasterLiquid 3 but it was so fucking bad to have it ontop of my case not having the dust filters on.. So i removed it completely.. Maybe i'll give a look into that or re using it again.. But my god those splitters gives me nightmares 😐

Edited by MultiGamerClub

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

6 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Have ordered 9 Arctic P12 PWM PST A-RGB 0Db fans (3x3packs) and im not sure if the connectors are compatible, pretty stupid to ask about this now..

But i have until 4 november until both the case and my fans get sent together.. or atleast thats what support said the case will get in stock.

So, am i shooting myself in the foot or am i worrying too much? Cant find much on Corsairs website so asking here 😐

Also buyed the Commander pro from corsair so i can manage the 9 fans from the same pwm cable as they attach to eachother, but those look like they fit.. or atleast they should fit.

Any advice is appreciated as this is the first time i touch controllers and led controller for the new Lian Li Dynamic White case i ordered 🙂

the pwm will fit the commander but i dont think the controller can handle many fans. but you can buy a powered pwm hub the take power for sata or molex instead of the controller/mb

as for artic argb connecting to corsair argb i think artic uses another proprietary connector? the problem is corsair dose not alow for custom amount of leds as far as i no so some leds will light up some wont and some animations wont look right. it will light up thow.

you can posably make your own connector if you no how to solder

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Its not just the shipping from China to Norway, its specifically the shipping from ALIEXPRESS to anywhere. I always get quoted like 45 days when I buy stuff on there. Im in Canada and usually get it in 3 weeks or so but the time quoted is generally really long

14 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Its not just the shipping from China to Norway, its specifically the shipping from ALIEXPRESS to anywhere. I always get quoted like 45 days when I buy stuff on there. Im in Canada and usually get it in 3 weeks or so but the time quoted is generally really long

you have snow there yet? i lived there at st Paul for a few years...ya normally snow oct 31

anyway i think the 45days is needed in case you need to get your money back. imo 45days is still too short. should be 60days

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you have snow there yet? i lived there at st Paul for a few years...ya normally snow oct 31

anyway i think the 45days is needed in case you need to get your money back. imo 45days is still too short. should be 60days

Amazingly we do not, snow often flys here in September but this year its taking its sweet time. Which is nice because I hate the cold but my business skyrockets when the snow starts so Id like to see it ASAP lol

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the pwm will fit the commander but i dont think the controller can handle many fans. but you can buy a powered pwm hub the take power for sata or molex instead of the controller/mb

as for artic argb connecting to corsair argb i think artic uses another proprietary connector? the problem is corsair dose not alow for custom amount of leds as far as i no so some leds will light up some wont and some animations wont look right. it will light up thow.

you can posably make your own connector if you no how to solder

It can handle 6 to 8 fans on the controller. But the Arctic P12 PWM PST's they connect to eachother.. or so i read.. So its not technicly 9 connections but 3 connected to control them all from 3 inputs.. Or so i hope it works out with the PWM to the Commander Pro.

Now to see if one of the companies i found actually can shit the argb controller to norway.

Ive seen it be at 26€ but honestly ive missed seeing colours in my pc for a while now 🙂

9 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Last time i ordered something from China.. It took them 3 months for a 18 gram part for an older phone.. So 😐

Anything better doesnt get much worse.. But now that im getting the case and fans in just a few days.. Man i cant wait 🙂

But fuck, i need to wait even longer for an ARGB controller.. Jesus christ.

This is life i guess, did not plan on blasting a few thousand norwegian kroners this month but here we are 😛

Thanks for all the replies above too ❤️

14 hours ago, minibois said:

officially they don't support splitters, but I can't say I've ever tried one on a Commander Pro.

Like is this not supporting daisy-chained fans or just splitters for the ARGB cables? Because i really hope im not mis understanding here and the pwm cables from the P12 PWM PST's doesnt fit xD

9 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Amazingly we do not, snow often flys here in September but this year its taking its sweet time. Which is nice because I hate the cold but my business skyrockets when the snow starts so Id like to see it ASAP lol

Should have had snow a week or two ago in norway too.. But its taking a damn long time this time of year.. Which is weird, because just 10-20 km from where there is snow.. Supposed to come this sunday but the weather folks looked really unsure and sceptic. Man i miss snow, even with my FWD Volvo from 2016 wants to spin a little.

But even i, as a norwegian.. Hate the cold.

3 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

It can handle 6 to 8 fans on the controller. But the Arctic P12 PWM PST's they connect to eachother.. or so i read.. So its not technicly 9 connections but 3 connected to control them all from 3 inputs.. Or so i hope it works out with the PWM to the Commander Pro.

Now to see if one of the companies i found actually can shit the argb controller to norway.

Ive seen it be at 26€ but honestly ive missed seeing colours in my pc for a while now 🙂

Last time i ordered something from China.. It took them 3 months for a 18 gram part for an older phone.. So 😐

Anything better doesnt get much worse.. But now that im getting the case and fans in just a few days.. Man i cant wait 🙂

But fuck, i need to wait even longer for an ARGB controller.. Jesus christ.

This is life i guess, did not plan on blasting a few thousand norwegian kroners this month but here we are 😛

Thanks for all the replies above too ❤️

ya you can dadiychane them but im talking about how many amps the controller can handle. i think its like 4amps total with argb. ya it gets power from sata but uses thin wires im guessing thats why.

there might be free software you can use instead of the corsair that might be adjustable

4 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Like is this not supporting daisy-chained fans or just splitters for the ARGB cables? Because i really hope im not mis understanding here and the pwm cables from the P12 PWM PST's doesnt fit xD

It's just not officially supported, with a sort of 'your mileage may vary' type of message attached. See this post from Corsair Nick, the forum's Corsair representative:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

curios, what kind of industry do you work in? feel free to not answer if you dont want to.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

5 hours ago, adarw said:

curios, what kind of industry do you work in? feel free to not answer if you dont want to.

I install car accessories and remote starters are one of my strongest markets where I make a majority of my yearly income

Just now, Ravendarat said:

I install car accessories and remote starters are one of my strongest markets where I make a majority of my yearly income

oh wow, i never thought about that. thats sick!

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

4 hours ago, adarw said:

oh wow, i never thought about that. thats sick!

ya -37ish suxs balls...or freezes em... but its different kinda cold there. -20 is like -5 in bc. after- 20 you have to keep your fingers moving...the ice around the eyes is probably the thing that sux most thow. that and the freezing ice. it will rain freeze and thaw nexed day. some how i manged not to fall once🤔 in my 30 mint walk home and to work.

anyway you have to start you car every so often so the thing dose not freeze up.  or plug it in if you got heaters for it.

4 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

you see that video of a rc that cleans snow from the drive way.

22 hours ago, minibois said:

It's just not officially supported, with a sort of 'your mileage may vary' type of message attached. See this post from Corsair Nick, the forum's Corsair representative:

Thanks.. but reading "use a second commander pro" if it draws more than 4.5A on one Commander pro 😐

Or as i understand it from that thread.

Im not even sure if the 9 fans im supposed to use can draw beyond that..

So one uses this:

0.11 A / 12 V

Im thinking of connecting them so 3 fans goes all in one cable.. So 0.33A, and i have 3 packs of these fans.. So at 0.99A 😐

I should be good when it comes to the power draw?
Power/spec from here in General Data:

Or am i missing something? Thanks for the thread above too 🙂

25 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Thanks.. but reading "use a second commander pro" if it draws more than 4.5A on one Commander pro 😐

Or as i understand it from that thread.

Im not even sure if the 9 fans im supposed to use can draw beyond that..

So one uses this:

0.11 A / 12 V

Im thinking of connecting them so 3 fans goes all in one cable.. So 0.33A, and i have 3 packs of these fans.. So at 0.99A 😐

I should be good when it comes to the power draw?
Power/spec from here in General Data:

Or am i missing something? Thanks for the thread above too 🙂

that 4.5 amps is total so if you do end up adding argb to it you need to account for that too

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

that 4.5 amps is total so if you do end up adding argb to it you need to account for that too

0.99Amp for 9 fans and 3.6Amp for the A-RGB.. If it fits in the Commander Pro.. or not.. Corsair hub, but seeing from above i dont think it does 😕

Damn so its not enough on the commander pro even.. Seeing as it will be 4.5 or just at the limit.. oof.

9 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

0.99Amp for 9 fans and 3.6Amp for the A-RGB.. If it fits in the Commander Pro.. or not.. Corsair hub, but seeing from above i dont think it does 😕

Damn so its not enough on the commander pro even.. Seeing as it will be 4.5 or just at the limit.. oof.

witch commander do you have? if its the core it take one sata and the pro takes one for the commander and one for the hub. it might be diffident for the pro i would think? unless they made a limit in porous?

corsair argb controller guide.png

according to this it uses the stander 2+1 pin argb connector so you can buy adapter cable but they cost a bit. or you can make your own.

48 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

witch commander do you have? if its the core it take one sata and the pro takes one for the commander and one for the hub. it might be diffident for the pro i would think? unless they made a limit in porous?

corsair argb controller guide.png

Got the Commander Pro, was told to buy the Corsair LED HUB for the fans.. But seeing as im getting the fans tomorrow or at tuesday.. 😐

Ive already shot myself in the foot.

Now to see if.. Yeah, conversion or converters / adapter is worth it as i kind of really just want to get the colours working..