new build any useful suggestions?

1 hour ago, hiimFred said:

Tbh I would go 4k monitor with these components. Or if it's 1440p I would go 27". 32" is too big for 1440p I'd say.

i already have the monitor and love it but im not getting 140 fps with my current setup which is why im upgrading

The NH-D15 and Dominator Platinum memory modules are not a good combination. The NH-D15 outer fan overhangs the memory area with 33mm clearance in its normal position.

I believe KC3000 NVMe drives offer higher performance.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, brob said:

The NH-D15 and Dominator Platinum memory modules are not a good combination. The NH-D15 outer fan overhangs the memory area with 33mm clearance in its normal position.

I believe KC3000 NVMe drives offer higher performance.

The NH-D15 and Dominator Platinum memory modules are not a good combination. thats a good point i have the cooler already but i use the corsair vengence lpx ram.

the k3000 is a good nvme drive to bad it has been wide out of stock in all reliable places for some time now. 

9 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

it takes like 5 years to get to that point. after 5 years i would buy another AIO.

Warranty. also good AIOs tend to last over 10 years, i would still change the AIO after 5 years

ok maybe i will get a aio i already had the cooler from a previous build just needed the 12 gen bracket which i believe noctua ships for free. but i want to use better looking ram instead of the corsair vengeance lpx that i have so i choose the dominator blackouts which look nice but still doesnt have rgb which i dont like rgb. now should i go 360 aio or 280 aio

11 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

Budget (including currency): no limit

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  games and movies

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/74qXLs

what do you think. idc about making it cheaper. am i gonna have trouble with height for noctua cooler? 

for gaming: (custom loop watercooled with just about the best parts I could choose) https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/zgM23y (~$13,000)

for workstation: (64 cores, custom loop watercooled, same deal again) https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4469Tn (closer to $50,000)

careful when you say "unlimited budget"

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

3 minutes ago, Alder Lake said:

for gaming: (custom loop watercooled with just about the best parts I could choose) https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/zgM23y (~$13,000)

for workstation: (64 cores, custom loop watercooled, same deal again) https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4469Tn (closer to $50,000)

however, both of these could use the faster Seagate Firecuda 530 (sorry, I keep forgetting to change it), which is the fastest performing SSD as far as I'm aware, ignoring Intel Optane

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

1 hour ago, leonardmartin29 said:

im not looking for cheap. im looking for the best. right now my system has a 10850k with a rtx3070 and 2 samsung 970 evo plus 2 tb drives. 

In that case get firecuda 530 as they are abit faster than 980 pro

1 hour ago, Alder Lake said:

i agree careful when i say unlimited budget. i meant in terms i dont have a budget set but i have a idea what i want in regards to pc just need to workout the kinks

4 hours ago, hiimFred said:

Tbh I would go 4k monitor with these components. Or if it's 1440p I would go 27". 32" is too big for 1440p I'd say.

Also find me a quality 4K 144hz 32in curved monitor

11 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

it takes like 5 years to get to that point. after 5 years i would buy another AIO.

Warranty. also good AIOs tend to last over 10 years, i would still change the AIO after 5 years

How long should high quality air fans last?

2 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

the difference is if one fan goes out the the computer wont break. if a pump break while im asleep then the cpu will overheat and could cause damage.

Just now, leonardmartin29 said:

the difference is if one fan goes out the the computer wont break. if a pump break while im asleep then the cpu will overheat and could cause damage.

Yeah, I definitely understand that element, it's more so I'm curious because I've been thinking of building my own PC for the first time and want to better understand the pros and cons of AIO and fans with one aspect being how long do they last. Since if it's something where if I buy a good Noctua It will work well if I keep using it for the next 15 years or if it's something that only lasts 5 years is a big difference with the person mentioning replace AIOs every 5 years.

38 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

Yeah, I definitely understand that element, it's more so I'm curious because I've been thinking of building my own PC for the first time and want to better understand the pros and cons of AIO and fans with one aspect being how long do they last. Since if it's something where if I buy a good Noctua It will work well if I keep using it for the next 15 years or if it's something that only lasts 5 years is a big difference with the person mentioning replace AIOs every 5 years.

i buy quality parts because when i go to build my new pc i can reuse some of the parts again saving me money and not have to worry about them breaking. i build a new pc every 3 years

8 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

i buy quality parts because when i go to build my new pc i can reuse some of the parts again saving me money and not have to worry about them breaking. i build a new pc every 3 years

Yeah the reason I'm curious about the fan and what not is while I don't know how often I'd want to build a new PC the idea of accepting a higher cost for my first build so I can reuse the case and some parts for the foreseeable future after the first build is something I've been thinking about a lot.

2 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

CPU will throttle clocks as temps rise and will actually shut down if the temps get close to damaging levels. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

16 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

yea i dont like watercooling due to all the maintence

well like @SavageNeo mentioned, AIOs dont need maintenance if u have one from a good brand like NZXT or Corsair. 

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

48 minutes ago, brob said:

CPU will throttle clocks as temps rise and will actually shut down if the temps get close to damaging levels. 

difference is if something breaks on a aio i have to replace the whole thing which is expensive. or wait for warranty and not be able to use the computer in the meantime. while with a air cooler theres nothing to really break except for a fan which is a cheap quick fix.i am considering a aio from corsair just have to decide which one i want

2 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

Yeah the reason I'm curious about the fan and what not is while I don't know how often I'd want to build a new PC the idea of accepting a higher cost for my first build so I can reuse the case and some parts for the foreseeable future after the first build is something I've been thinking about a lot.

some parts you might consider reusing is power supply so buy a quality one some have 10-12 year warranty and last that long, maybe buy a bigger wattage incase you want to expand down the road. fans last a long time as well and if one goes you replace that one not the whole set. usually i would say ram as well because ddr4 has been around so long and not much has changed ive had the same ram for 3 builds now. case but the best one you can with the best features you can get. 

7 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

im not looking for cheap. im looking for the best. right now my system has a 10850k with a rtx3070 and 2 samsung 970 evo plus 2 tb drives. 

dang some people want to upgrade to that system XD

14 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

depends on the bearing, the higher end ones could last almost 20 years

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

19 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

Also find me a quality 4K 144hz 32in curved monitor

I mean... https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sTYmP6/

If curved is a MUST for you, then you have to go bigger. Like the Dell Alienware AW3821DW or the LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B.

But that's just my opinion for the 2560x1440 resolution. If you're happy with your current monitor then by all means more power to you bro! You're gonna have a killer setup no matter what!

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

2 hours ago, hiimFred said:

I mean... https://pcpartpicker.com/product/sTYmP6/

If curved is a MUST for you, then you have to go bigger. Like the Dell Alienware AW3821DW or the LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B.

But that's just my opinion for the 2560x1440 resolution. If you're happy with your current monitor then by all means more power to you bro! You're gonna have a killer setup no matter what!

i already own the monitor and i love it i wanna upgrade my pc because im not getting full use of the 144hz

Budget (including currency): 7000 canadian

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: games and private videos

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

ok so im starting a new build 

corsair dominatior ddr5 5200mhz

corsair hx150i 360mm aio

noctua fans all over in black

asus tuf rtx3080

corsair hx1000i psu

dual seagate firecuda 530 2tb ssd one for games and one for windows and movies

im thinking corsair 5000d airflow in black for case open to suggestions must have only 2 usb 3.0 and one usb c 

i want a asus motherboard high end asus tuf z690 wifi or higher. hard to find the tuf series board for ddr5 version only the ddr4 version i can find. must be mostly black and atx or eatx form

8 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

i want a asus motherboard

Any reason you want to stick to ASUS? They don't exactly have the most cost effective motherboards for Z690, with only really the Apex and low end Prime series making sense for the features they offer for the price. The Z690 Tuf DDR4 (they don't make a DDR5 version of the TUF Z690, at least yet) is almost the exact same price as the MSI Z690 Tomahawk, a much better board all around, and that supports DDR5 like you want.  

47 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Any reason you want to stick to ASUS? They don't exactly have the most cost effective motherboards for Z690, with only really the Apex and low end Prime series making sense for the features they offer for the price. The Z690 Tuf DDR4 (they don't make a DDR5 version of the TUF Z690, at least yet) is almost the exact same price as the MSI Z690 Tomahawk, a much better board all around, and that supports DDR5 like you want.  

i like the asus brand and their reputation. msi on the other hand has horrible reputation so does gigabyte so i refuse to use those companies. they do make a ddr5 of the tuf z690 https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-Z690-PLUS-WIFI/

where did any one say i was looking for cost effective.  my exact words were "i want a asus motherboard high end asus tuf z690 wifi or higher"