new build any useful suggestions?

18 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

dont need a projector i have a 65"tv in a 1 bedroom apartment. i have a steelcase karmen which is better for bigger people. i have a excellent sound system $3500 worth. no need for a 49 inch monitor 32 is fine for me

Ok, but have you really considered a projector?

Have you considered the possibility of a 120" screen?

For instance, this is a good one.

https://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-UHZ50-DLP-Laser-Projector-Review.htm

You could measure your room and see how big of screen you could get with the throw distance calculator. For instance, that projector can do a 120" screen at 10' 7".

A 36 to 40 degree viewing angle will be like sitting in the middle of the theater.

http://www.hometheaterengineering.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

Just throwing out ideas.

1 minute ago, Kangaroo Factory said:

Ok, but have you really considered a projector?

Have you considered the possibility of a 120" screen?

For instance, this is a good one.

https://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-UHZ50-DLP-Laser-Projector-Review.htm

You could measure your room and see how big of screen you could get with the throw distance calculator. 

A 36 to 40 degree viewing angle will be like sitting in the middle of the theater.

http://www.hometheaterengineering.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

Just throwing out ideas.

if j wanna buy a projector i will buy one doesnt mean i need to be cheap else where

4 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

if j wanna buy a projector i will buy one doesnt mean i need to be cheap else where

To be fair, none of this stuff is cheap exactly, but it's strange that you're not interested in finding deals. Even the richest people I know, that make ten times what I make, are always looking for deals.

And the others are saying something similar, that you should buy the most bang for buck parts for your application/needs. So they're saying not to overbuy and I'm saying not to overpay.

Regardless of what you choose to pay. You should get a 3080 over a 3070. And you should be aware that a D15 only works with low profile ram, otherwise you have to cut fins off.

Good luck with your build.

6 minutes ago, Kangaroo Factory said:

To be fair, none of this stuff is cheap exactly, but it's strange that you're not interested in finding deals. Even the richest people I know, that make ten times what I make, are always looking for deals.

And the others are saying something similar, that you should buy the most bang for buck parts for your application/needs. So they're saying not to overbuy and I'm saying not to overpay.

Regardless of what you choose to pay. You should get a 3080 over a 3070. And you should be aware that a D15 only works with low profile ram, otherwise you have to cut fins off.

Good luck with your build.

thanks im looking into the projector thing then i wouldnt need another pc. the desk is on one side of the room and the tv is like 30 ft away and across the room. but the projector would be like 15 feet from the desk so a cable would be easy. i agree 3080 would be better fit for a 12900k 

i like epson

https://epson.ca/For-Home/Projectors/Home-Cinema/Home-Cinema-4010-4K-PRO-UHD-Projector-with-Advanced-3-Chip-Design-and-HDR/p/V11H932020-F

Both rigs are way overpowered...

Gaming:

12600k is a much better value for gaming than anything higher - you won't get any significant fps boost in the next tier.

However, If you are squeezing out every last single digit fps from a game, then you are missing 3090 Ti in your specs...

DDR4 vs DDR5 similar story atm. By the time DDR5 will be relevant in gaming - you'll probably have to change the platform, or at least your MOBO.

16GB vs 32GB - no difference atm unless you have a lot of apps running while gaming for whatever reason... or you use Chrome 🙂

TVPC:

Unless you have some specific usecase - this can be any potato pc. I use Plex - it streams 4K HEVC from my 2012 MacBook Air...

If you just want to order something new and tiny - Minisforum/NUC or any other MacMini style pc.

If you want to flex - M1 Mac Mini - it is tiny, shiny and mighty.

(value =/= cheap)

2 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

i  have a 8400 for my current htpc and its very slow wamma buy better this time so i dont have to replace so quickly

What are you running?? Maybe it's time to clean your htpc?! 

As suggested beforehand - you can have your movies stream from your main (have just one pc).

6 minutes ago, rikitikitavi said:

Both rigs are way overpowered...

Gaming:

12600k is a much better value for gaming than anything higher - you won't get any significant fps boost in the next tier.

However, If you are squeezing out every last single digit fps from a game, then you are missing 3090 Ti in your specs...

DDR4 vs DDR5 similar story atm. By the time DDR5 will be relevant in gaming - you'll probably have to change the platform, or at least your MOBO.

16GB vs 32GB - no difference atm unless you have a lot of apps running while gaming for whatever reason... or you use Chrome 🙂

TVPC:

Unless you have some specific usecase - this can be any potato pc. I use Plex - it streams 4K HEVC from my 2012 MacBook Air...

If you just want to order something new and tiny - Minisforum/NUC or any other MacMini style pc.

If you want to flex - M1 Mac Mini - it is tiny, shiny and mighty.

(value =/= cheap)

What are you running?? Maybe it's time to clean your htpc?! 

As suggested beforehand - you can have your movies stream from your main (have just one pc).

i also have a 10850k in my current pc i want something better because my old apartment had a electrical short because i used dollarama power bars. not a smart thing. insurance company is paying for it.

im getting a 12900k. i will get a 3080 instead of a 3070. much higher and prices get stupid not counting availability. i think im gonna go with a projector instead of a second pc and just hook it with hdmi

38 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

i also have a 10850k in my current pc i want something better because my old apartment had a electrical short because i used dollarama power bars. not a smart thing. insurance company is paying for it.

im getting a 12900k. i will get a 3080 instead of a 3070. much higher and prices get stupid not counting availability. i think im gonna go with a projector instead of a second pc and just hook it with hdmi

Insurance money... still no point in 12900k... unless you are selling it right after...

As @RONOTHAN##said, there is no point going above 12700K. It will draw more power, it will produce more heat, you'll have to upgrade cooling.

16 minutes ago, rikitikitavi said:

Insurance money... still no point in 12900k... unless you are selling it right after...

As @RONOTHAN##said, there is no point going above 12700K. It will draw more power, it will produce more heat, you'll have to upgrade cooling.

a 12900k and a aio is plenty good. literally the pc is free to build on. what i want