new build any useful suggestions?

Budget (including currency): 1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  photo editing and video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i need everything except monitor and ssd which i have

monitor samsung LC32F391FWNXZA 32" 1080p curved 60hz ( already have from another build)

ssd, samsung 970 evo plus 1 tb ( already have from another build)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rdmJj2

she wanted a white case to go with the white monitor. so i choose a corsair 4000d airflow in white.

do i need a better gpu for video/photo editing.

note to all the fan boys she wants intel so she will get intel customer is always right and get what they wants. idc about your opinion on the matter thats not what im asking about.

also i choose a k sku instead of a non k sku due to availability

obv i will go 12th gen if it is available when i go to build this 

4 minutes ago, The_Mafia69 said:

probably a beefier gpu to take advantage of the 750w psu 

im questioning whether i need it for the tasks at hand. the psu was put in incase i needed a bigger gpu later. she just says she wants a good computer and will be photo editing and video editing along with daily tasks. 

38 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

im questioning whether i need it for the tasks at hand. the psu was put in incase i needed a bigger gpu later. she just says she wants a good computer and will be photo editing and video editing along with daily tasks. 

She doesn't really need anything better then. 1650 is pretty decent for editing especially if she's not doing anything super complex. 

2 minutes ago, pannedandcanned said:

She doesn't really need anything better then. 1650 is pretty decent for editing especially if she's not doing anything super complex. 

thanks best answer ive received all day. she will be just taking videos of pets and outdoors stuff and editing them nothing huge.

• 3 months later...

Budget (including currency): no limit

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: games i was 1440p 144hz

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  ok so i will be playing valheim, newworld, conan exiles. fs22. cs go.

im thinking something like a 12900k and rtx3080 with 32gb 3200mhz ram 2tb nvme ssd 1000 watt psu

what does amd have to offer than can compete with the intel for gaming. idc about anything else seriously i dont. 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/CYP99r

If you want a build now I would go with intel since am4 is at the end of its life, since your building a pc for gaming you only really need an i5 12600k and RTX 3080 to get the best performance, have linked a pcpartpicker list below

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

5 minutes ago, Michael2 said:

If you want a build now I would go with intel since am4 is at the end of its life, since your building a pc for gaming you only really need an i5 12600k and RTX 3080 to get the best performance, have linked a pcpartpicker list below

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

yea i have a 10850k and am wanting a upgrade. so a 12600k aint gonna cut it

5 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

yea i have a 10850k and am wanting a upgrade. so a 12600k aint gonna cut it

The 12600k is probably quite a bit more powerful than your 10850k.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

The 12600k is probably quite a bit more powerful than your 10850k.

the 10850k the 12700k in games

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  games and movies

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/74qXLs

what do you think. idc about making it cheaper. am i gonna have trouble with height for noctua cooler? 

Looks good. Have you thought about going with a water cooler?  Most really high end PCs I've seen are water cooled but if you prefer an air cooler, Noctua is probably one of the best. Maybe someone else will know more about air coolers.

11 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

what do you think. idc about making it cheaper. am i gonna have trouble with height for noctua cooler? 

for that CPU, use a 3080ti maybe (once prices have settled down) and also, i recommend a at least 280mm AIO cooler with that processor cus it can run hot while under load. 

If you don't have a budget, I'd get a DDR5 memory kit and a ddr5 motherboard as well. 

Gaming PC:

CPU- Intel Core i5-10400 (planning to upgrade when Alder Lake releases)

CPU Cooler- be quiet! Dark Rock Slim up to 180W TDP

Motherboard- Asus ROG Strix B460-h Gaming

Memory- Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 CL15 memory

Storage- Crucial P2 1TB M.2-NVME SSD up to 2400 MB/s 

Video Card- MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3060 Ti OC

PC Chassis- Cooler Master TD500 MESH ARGB with Controller

Power Supply- EVGA 650w P2 (planning to upgrade to EVGA 80+ Gold 1k watts)

Rear Fan- Touchaqua Bitspower Notos RGB fan

Monitor- Acer EI272UR 2560x1440 144hz 4ms Radeon Freesync monitor

Keyboard- Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Mouse- Logitech G203 Lightsync (planning to upgrade to g502 HERO)

Controller- Xbox One Wireless Controller - Red 

LaptopProcessor- Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t up to 4.1Ghz) with Radeon graphics, 16GB DDR4-3200 memory, 512 NVME SSD

6 minutes ago, FireAbyss111802 said:

for that CPU, use a 3080ti maybe (once prices have settled down) and also, i recommend a at least 280mm AIO cooler with that processor cus it can run hot while under load. 

If you don't have a budget, I'd get a DDR5 memory kit and a ddr5 motherboard as well. 

yea i dont like watercooling due to all the maintence that it needs and the risk of damage to other components. the noctua cooler competes even with some of the best aio's/

i though about going ddr5 but i like asus and the tuf series board and they dont yet have a ddr5 version yet so. 

31 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

Actually aside from the overpriced ssds it looks ok for being a balls to the walls build, i was more expecting a pile of rubbish with overpriced watercooling and rgb that costs more than a proper workstation with hedt cpus like amd epyc

Ssds wise have a look at firecuda 530 as those should be abit faster than 980 pro

13 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

dont like watercooling due to all the maintence that it needs

AIOS dont need any maintanance, atleast the good ones anyway.

Custom water cooling needs maintanance and costs a lot, but if you get a decent AIO you dont need to do anything to it

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

6 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

AIOS dont need any maintanance, atleast the good ones anyway.

Custom water cooling needs maintanance and costs a lot, but if you get a decent AIO you dont need to do anything to it

From my knowledge with the new higher end autos you now have to keep the liquid topped up as it will go away after sometime. That means taking the aio out if I can’t fill it from the port while in the pc. That’s maintenance I don’t wanna deal with air cooler just get a can of air and blow on it done.

10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Actually aside from the overpriced ssds it looks ok for being a balls to the walls build, i was more expecting a pile of rubbish with overpriced watercooling and rgb that costs more than a proper workstation with hedt cpus like amd epyc

Ssds wise have a look at firecuda 530 as those should be abit faster than 980 pro

I hate rgb ugh gross. Not a fan of maintenance of water cooling and the risk for a potential leak. Not to mention if a pump goes bad then I’m stuck until I can save up hundreds of dollars again.

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Also the firecuda 530 is 100$ more each are they really any better

1 minute ago, leonardmartin29 said:

Also the firecuda 530 is 100$ more each are they really any better

Abit better read/write than the 980 pro, though you may be able to get cheaper high end gen4 ssds like crucial p5 plus, rocket 4 plus, sn850, aorus nvme

1 hour ago, leonardmartin29 said:

now have to keep the liquid topped up as it will go away after sometime.

it takes like 5 years to get to that point. after 5 years i would buy another AIO.

1 hour ago, leonardmartin29 said:

Not to mention if a pump goes bad

Warranty. also good AIOs tend to last over 10 years, i would still change the AIO after 5 years

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

Tbh I would go 4k monitor with these components. Or if it's 1440p I would go 27". 32" is too big for 1440p I'd say.

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Abit better read/write than the 980 pro, though you may be able to get cheaper high end gen4 ssds like crucial p5 plus, rocket 4 plus, sn850, aorus nvme

im not looking for cheap. im looking for the best. right now my system has a 10850k with a rtx3070 and 2 samsung 970 evo plus 2 tb drives. 

8 hours ago, StillOnIntegratedGraphics said:

Maybe a second monitor? Or one really big one for immersive movie experiences.

i like the 32 inch curved i only have a 4ft wide desk