Xbox Series S/X question.

Nexblitzer

Do you need the version of the Xbox Series X controller that come with the wireless USb adaptor for it to work on PC, or can I use just the base wireless version?

1 minute ago, Benji said:

From what I know, every Xbox One/Series controller is Bluetooth-capable since the Xbox One S controller. You can use both, but you don't really need the one with the adapter when you have a Bluetooth adapter on your computer. But since most (especially USB stick-like) Bluetooth adapters have horrible reception, I'd recommend the one with the adapter, anyway.

As I thought

If anything the Series X controller seems to have even more issues over Bluetooth than the Xbox One controllers, or at least it did, the last time I tried. I got the wireless adapter, and never looked back. Performance is flawless with the adapter.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

If anything the Series X controller seems to have even more issues over Bluetooth than the Xbox One controllers, or at least it did, the last time I tried. I got the wireless adapter, and never looked back. Performance is flawless with the adapter.

You mean with the USB adaptor?

7 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

You mean with the USB adaptor?

It's called the Xbox wireless adapter so yeah that one. It's a far better experience than over Bluetooth. Also pretty much seamless you turn on the controller and it connects immediately.

43 minutes ago, Nexblitzer said:

I use just the base wireless version?

I think all the current Xbox controllers support Bluetooth, however Bluetooth doesnt do well in Windows 10 (Personal Experience). However I guess the Xbox controllers dont only support bluetooth but also support a proprietary wireless standard from Microsoft, which works better. Thats where the USB adapter comes in to play. If you want to use the controller wireless Id probably get one of the adapters. 

I also think if you use the USB adapter you can also use the audio port on the controller and plug your headset in to it. At least thats what I have read. I haven't tried it as I use my Xbox controller wired. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

can we just connect the Xbox controller to the pc with a usb cable?

will it work?

49 minutes ago, Alireza said:

will it work?

yes 

1 hour ago, Alireza said:

will it work?

Thats how I use mine. 

16 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Thats how I use mine. 

can we do this even with the original xbox one controller ?

7 hours ago, Alireza said:

can we do this even with the original xbox one controller ?

Not sure. Only recently bought a controller. 

Don't try to use it with your motherboards Bluetooth.  It's gonna suck hard. I have one and had the USB adapter from my last controller. It works great with it 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x