Screw iPhone 13, here is iPhone 14

19 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Debatable. My S20 looking like someone hit it with a holepunch isn't the most attractive thing to look at. However, I'll take that over the ugly af notch Apple's drunk design team thought looked good. 

Really? I see why people found it annoying, but you get stuff like time, battery, or wireless icons out of the way, saving space below the cameras where that stuff would usually go

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I'm also glad the camera still stays in the middle and not on the sides like Samsung does for example; might be better for watching stuff but during regular usage it looks so out of place

🙂

7 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Finally a worthwhile upgrade, if true, from the iPhone X. There seriously hasn't been a good enough justification since the X to upgrade considering these phones cost over a grand

still got my trusty iPhone X, i don't use the camera that much and really when i look at the current iPhone vs the X a faster processor and thats about all thats different.

iPhone 14 looks is what i expected the 13 to be by now.. i guess waiting for another release.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

9 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

3 words

iPhone 12 mini.

Mini version of a big flagship = same resolution display = same chip = lower battery capacity = abysmal battery life…

so no

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

One of the reasons why I find it hard to switch to an Android phone is because almost all of them lack a physical mute switch, something iPhones had for many years and I hope it stays that way. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Hopefully the lack of camera bump is something that all other manufacturers start to copy (unlike removing the headphone jack 😠 ) i hate camera bumps soooooo much

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Really? I see why people found it annoying, but you get stuff like time, battery, or wireless icons out of the way, saving space below the cameras where that stuff would usually go

It's actually really funny how almost everyone screams how notch is this ugly INTRUSION into the display area. Where in reality, notch is actually an EXTENSION of display or more specifically, the notch "horns" it creates are extensions of display. So status icons and time goes in there into the horns and actual content is always below notch in all its size without status icons taking up that space. Issue is, lazy app devs who just extend the app interface to entire display area, making buttons and content hidden behind notch.

I frankly don't mind the notch because I know what it offers, FaceID and it's a feature I really like. I don't care about the selfie cam at all, so even if iPhone 14 has punch hole, like I'd prefer no selfie cam at all, but at least FaceID needs to remain.

5 hours ago, Rune said:

....not news? some schmuck making a render on the internet

You seem like this guy.

image.png.a10d16374a755ea2e4d7b5facc392e95.png

The important part is that these seem to be based on what we assume is internal Apple prototypes. You don't see that very often one year before the release.

People mock him, yet he seems to have pretty reliable sources. So reliable in fact that I often wonder if Apple doesn't have him there on purpose...

I mean, release such info to public and see the feedback from communities. From what I have gathered so far everyone's a fan of flush camera lenses out of which only few questioned it from weight perspective. Some of those forgive weight if battery capacity would increase because of that.

The punch hole is still a bit polarizing, but given that underdisplay cameras are nowhere near what they should be, I can understand if Apple doesn't want to go that way just yet. We know how to hide cameras, but we don't make good photos with those just yet. I honestly don't have an issue with notch for as long as I have FaceID. Besides, the notch gives iPhones iconic shape. Every time I see outlines of phones in commercials and they have a specific notch, you instantly know it's depicting an iPhone. I think even Apple knows that and recognizability among 300 billion identical bar shaped phones matters a lot for a brand. Not just logo itself.

18 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

3 words

iPhone 12 mini.

I dont have one, but its the first phone since the X came out that ive really said: I want that because its great. Hands on its perfect.

(new iphone se may also be seen as a good upgrade for someone with say a iphone 6 that wants a better phone ( like new battery, faster, etc) and toutchid)

Fully agree. Bought one as birthday gift for my wife. It’s the perfect formfactor for a smart phone and wish I could get one too. But since I’m on a 11 I really can’t motivate getting one just for the ”want”. 

10 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Mini version of a big flagship = same resolution display = same chip = lower battery capacity = abysmal battery life…

so no

Except the chip is stressed a lot less rendering the phone at a much lower resolution.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 9/8/2021 at 5:44 PM, BuckGup said:

considering these phones cost over a grand

I don't know where people get this > 1k stuff. The iphone 12 costs between 800 (64GB) and 949 (256 GB) USD, the 12 mini is another -100 to 700 to 850.

Nobody forces you to buy the Pro Max.

On 9/9/2021 at 3:33 AM, captain_to_fire said:

That's not how it works. The screen resolution is proportionally reduced and the battery life only takes a small hit.

• 1 month later...

Seems super unlikely to me.

Apple literally just updated their Face ID sensor array with the iPhone 13, why would they have gone through the trouble of doing that if they'll do away with it a year later, anyway? Plus, where are the Face ID sensors going to go? The camera is the easy bit, but what about the other components of Face ID? This rumor implies that Apple has found a way to either put all of them under the display or ditches them altogether.

On 9/11/2021 at 6:56 PM, Dracarris said:

I don't know where people get this > 1k stuff. The iphone 12 costs between 800 (64GB) and 949 (256 GB) USD, the 12 mini is another -100 to 700 to 850.

Nobody forces you to buy the Pro Max.

Inflation. I predict at least 1k for entry level iPhone 14. I could be wrong, it could be more then that.

47 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Inflation. I predict at least 1k for entry level iPhone 14. I could be wrong, it could be more then that.

The 14 will come out next year. This years models start at 700 & 800. The 14 is not coming anywhere near 1k, not even 899.

50 minutes ago, StDragon said:

teh base model 13 only costs 800$.

The price will not be anywhere near 200$ more next year

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

teh base model 13 only costs 800$.

The price will not be anywhere near 200$ more next year

the 13 is more of a 12S, and the 11 launched at $699. Also inflation has affected pretty much everything, so I'd expect at least a $100 price increase.

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

the 13 is more of a 12S, and the 11 launched at $699. Also inflation has affected pretty much everything, so I'd expect at least a $100 price increase.

S models never influenced pricing. Entry level iPhones have been $650-700 for like 10 years now, I doubt there will be major deviation. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

30 minutes ago, Roswell said:

S models never influenced pricing. Entry level iPhones have been $650-700 for like 10 years now, I doubt there will be major deviation. 

Agreed

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

iPhones have launched at 700$ for the base for a while now. I won’t expect that to change at all

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 9/8/2021 at 10:26 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Right? People always say notch is intrusion into display. How, when it literally moves status icons out of the main display surface area. It's the stupid apps extending all the way to the invisible edge under the notch and having elements hidden there. Whole point of notch was so that stats icons don't take up a strip of display that could be used for actual content while retaining the awesomeness of the FaceID. People still whine about it with "muh mask" argument, but I can't live without it even with "muh masks". It's so awesome and seamless.

@Blademaster91

Gotta love inflation. If affects everything but our paychecks. Isn't that marvelous lol

8 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Right? People always say notch is intrusion into display. How, when it literally moves status icons out of the main display surface area. It's the stupid apps extending all the way to the invisible edge under the notch and having elements hidden there. Whole point of notch was so that stats icons don't take up a strip of display that could be used for actual content while retaining the awesomeness of the FaceID. People still whine about it with "muh mask" argument, but I can't live without it even with "muh masks". It's so awesome and seamless.

@Blademaster91

Gotta love inflation. If affects everything but our paychecks. Isn't that marvelous lol

Most apps have to be told to extend, apps without notched support would usually just not extend at all. Thats what Injustice 2 mobile and several other games did before they got iphone X and up support added.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Most apps have to be told to extend, apps without notched support would usually just not extend at all. Thats what Injustice 2 mobile and several other games did before they got iphone X and up support added.

So, they made them do that on purpose? That's idiotic.