Best antivirus?

brownninja97

all i do is a sweep on my PC every month with malwarebytes ....

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

I use Avast. It seems to block alot of the bad stuff. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Ok so the only time i used antivirus was when i used windows xp.

So i have not used it for about 6 years

I used vista no antivirus never got a virus

Used win 7 for the longest never got a virus

Used win 8, 2 times got a virus and just reinstalled.

used win 8.1 got a virus reinstalled. But i was downloading some shady shit

Use win 8.1 now no antivirus

So just so you know what kind of virus we are talking about.

"You shall not pass" - Blocks access to internet

Other one opens up cmd and display all your passwords you have in green

And there is one that just makes everything filled with ads, it starts a processes called Windows 7 Ultimate even tho i was on win 8 and uninstalling browser does not help

How do you know you have a virus with no antivirus? Malware these days can hide itself from task manager, infect the master boot record. Its hard to find without an antivirus software

Nope, I used to but stopped. Not going to pay $100 a year for crap...

Antivirus software is free mate. Try avg :)

Do you think Obama feels like he's wasting money on a bodyguard because he never gets attacked? No. Antivirus is a preventative measure. The fact that you've never had a virus detected is either a really good thing or a really bad thing, depending on your point of view.

I explain to people antivirus software as an alarm in your house. You don't need it. And not having one doesn't mean you'll get robbed. But it means if you get robbed the chances of it being successful are much higher. And the internet is full of everything, its not some lovely neighborhood it's like being smack bang in the middle of the city, where crime is high.

I explain to people antivirus software as an alarm in your house. You don't need it. And not having one doesn't mean you'll get robbed. But it means if you get robbed the chances of it being successful are much higher. And the internet is full of everything, its not some lovely neighborhood it's like being smack bang in the middle of the city, where crime is high.

Right.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I use Avast. It seems to block alot of the bad stuff.

Avast is certainly one of the better ones. But try avg. Avg has a much better detection and heuristics. It also doesn't use as much CPU

Yes, I use Eset Nod32 for detection and basic protection and the real "work" is given to malwarebytes for virus deletion.

You should setup the host intrusion prevention system into learning mode. It will block more then :)

i only use Adblock Plus and Malware Bytes Free :D hahaha

If your using nothing else but malwarebytes. Probably look into the paid version. One license is for 3 PCs 1 year.

If you're looking for free anti virus, you could look into avg free version. Installed it on several machines. Seems to work well for a free anti virus.

I used to run AVG, starting in about 2004.  Ran into a bunch of issues recently though, with it thinking most of the games in my steam library were trojans....

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30