Best antivirus?

brownninja97

Whats the best antivirus overall and whats the best bang for buck? At the moment i got McAfee(yes i know they aren't the best).

Edit:

In case you are wondering what i have now I have Malwarebytes Pro, malwarebytes anti-exploit, web of trust and microsoft security essentials, ive not been infected since.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

im using AVG, but i have used ESET in the past, they are relatively decent

Character artist in the Games industry.

Common sense seems to work really well for me.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

i got licence for eset smart security 3 pc 2 year licence i got it for (190TL which is like 110 dollars ) never had issues with it

single user 1 year licence is 50 dollars its not too much 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

But im stupid downloading from the darker parts of the internet. Most of you may know what that means (NEW NARUTO EPISODES).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If you're looking for free anti virus, you could look into avg free version. Installed it on several machines. Seems to work well for a free anti virus.

If you looking to pay for one, then according to PCMag, Norton (the newest) and BitDefender are the two best ones.

Otherwise AVG, or AVAST! Are good. I personally use Comodo IS (the free version).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I used to use Norton but they keep  tabing me out of games for crappy deal on BLEACH(get it haha(anime)).

Listen if you care.

Thread moved to Software.

Norton's just released Common Sense 2013, give it a look into? ;)

I heard PC-cillin was good, but personally i just use AVG combined with common sense.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Best free software = AVG and avast.

Best paid software = BitDefender

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

Compare real world protection with performance.

ESET and Avast win, but BitDefender, F-Secure and Kaspersky are also worth considering.

Edit: Also figure I'll mention, Microsoft Security Essentials / Windows Defender (Win8) isn't what it used to be. It was great for a while, now it isn't. It's nice and light on system resources (though Avast/ESET are lighter), but it's detection rate is lowww.

Microsoft security essentials.... :-p

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

I just use the built in anti virus in Windows 8... no problems yet, but you have to be pretty stupid to get a virus these days. Unless you think it's a good idea to open .exe's on random emails you get or download torrents that are clearly illegitimate, you're not going to get a virus.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Hmm ive used Avast in the past, but it didnt seem to keep some of the virus away, so i switched to Norton and it works like a charm.

And you probably know how to get it..

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

It's mainly all about personal preference, which Antivirus works best for you and your computer? I personally only use Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for my system, and they both work flawlessly together.

I seem to be the only person running kaspersky 

Though I run Kaspersky pure 2.0

I've never used the internet security version (which is cheaper) 

I've never had any issues with pure, it sits in the background and I barely notice it

The only time I really see a pop-up is when I plug in a USB drive, and that isn't very often (dropbox is a much easier system for moving things between my own PC, and when its a large file I have shared folders set up)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Just wanted to comment on the fact that MacAfee is pending for a patent that would allow them to block their users from visiting torrent sites and downloading pirated content. This will also be incorporated into their site advisor toolbar, so stray away from MacAfee ASAP. Also, I would recommend Avast, I have had it for years and never had a problem with a virus of any kind.

Hope I was of someone help.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I use Avast free and have Malwarebytes as a secondary on demand scanner, you don't ever need to pay more for 'Internet Security' as the extra tools it comes with are only duplication (Windows has a firewall and parental controls built in) and all browsers have phishing protection.

It's also worth noting that common sense is NOT a replacement to a real time antivirus, no matter how careful you are.

If you want free use avast with malwarebytes. But if you want the best protection G Data is the best paid av. Nothing gets through it, but there are a lot of false positives. Also almost has a 100% zero day(same day released) catch rate.