Discussion on what to debloat next on windows 10

gloege

so it goes like this i need help debloating a copy of windows 10. i would tackle this on my own, but the youtube video deblote series i found is about 12 hours long; 11 videos in all. piss on that...

i already got W10Privacy and i know a lot of other things but in my head not 100% sure what to do. like setting internal timers, now i know there is 2 i need to change, but to what?

i got the basics down so let's hit the advanced. anything above low end knowledge and also easily found on google. as google does not mention internal timers. as much as i like to trip over google i think here in the forums will help me more like DPC latencies. also any other hacks to speed it up

i do want to keep the windows photo viewer. also the system search and that is about it

so i would feel blessed at any suggestions and i reply often with added banter or thanks. let's get crackn'

4 minutes ago, gloege said:

I found doing all of this way to tedious and time consuming. So I just started using Ghost Spectre's Super Gaming Lite iso. Look his channel up. 

i would disabled junk like spotify a printer cortana xbox app steam on start up thats what i would start with thats what i did ....

I didn't know people still did this stuff. On a modern high end system I can't imagine its getting people anything beneficial outside of margin of error. 

But hey, do whatever makes you feel better.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What is your goal with debloating windows?

What timer are you talking about in windows?

i think in task manager 

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

I didn't know people still did this stuff. On a modern high end system I can't imagine its getting people anything beneficial outside of margin of error. 

But hey, do whatever makes you feel better.

to see you cpu on the lowest present on idle is great  

5 minutes ago, twinmat said:

to see you cpu on the lowest present on idle is great  

Which presents no actual benefit other than the 6 cents saved on your power bill every year

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Which presents no actual benefit other than the 6 cents saved on your power bill every year

I'm glad you understood what they said. With context I think i was able to translate. Either way my 5800x is sitting at idle perfectly fine. shrugs

26 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Well... 6 cents per year x20 years.. that is 1 full chocolate bar at the dollar store

-- Thread moved to Windows --

19 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I found doing all of this way to tedious and time consuming. So I just started using Ghost Spectre's Super Gaming Lite iso. Look his channel up. 

but it says no tweaking done just applications removed

30 minutes ago, gloege said:

so it goes like this i need help debloating a copy of windows 10. i would tackle this on my own, but the youtube video deblote series i found is about 12 hours long; 11 videos in all. piss on that...

i already got W10Privacy and i know a lot of other things but in my head not 100% sure what to do. like setting internal timers, now i know there is 2 i need to change, but to what?

i got the basics down so let's hit the advanced. anything above low end knowledge and also easily found on google. as google does not mention internal timers. as much as i like to trip over google i think here in the forums will help me more

i do want to keep the windows photo viewer. also the system search and that is about it

so i would feel blessed at any suggestions and i reply often with added banter or thanks. let's get crackn'

Easy

Upgrade to linux so you dont have to deal with microsht

Linux mint is a good distro for starters

If you wanna run windows apps then go for qubes linux

9 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I'm glad you understood what they said. With context I think i was able to translate. Either way my 5800x is sitting at idle perfectly fine. shrugs

guess some don't understand. it can get rid of micro stutter. and it can add fps to the pcie line. also i use my pc for everything so there world be more of a savings.. also i chew through ram like mad so it save me there. since i slightly optimized my laptop certain games run better no more telemetry giving me high pings. and i got more expandable ram. i only bought 16 gb ram and facebook will chew though about 8gb of that then on top of that i will have probably another 40 tabs open doing research.

also DPC latencies can be a pisser

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Easy

Upgrade to linux so you dont have to deal with microsht

Linux mint is a good distro for starters

If you wanna run windows apps then go for qubes linux

um i tried linux not a good idea for all the old applications i use and games also i hated the way dos runs and linux feels like that too. just an opinion

Just now, gloege said:

um i tried linux not a good idea for all the old applications i use and games also i hated the way dos runs and linux feels like that too. just an opinion

Qubes might be a good distro for you since it runs all apps in their own vms, meaning you can just run your old apps just fine since it will be in a windows vm

man just go old-school and go though task manager and kill what ever you dont use and disable on startup and it will help and just be carful i missed up and had to go to safe mode and undo it  no fun...

I just use the below script for everything to remove the programs I don't want and slim it down a little. On my main Systems it is just removing clutter and background tasks to make things a little snappier. 

On vms it is great as I run multiple with a nas for storage and it does make a difference. 

Been using thisiswin11 for windows 11 machines. 

21 minutes ago, twinmat said:

man just go old-school and go though task manager and kill what ever you dont use and disable on startup and it will help and just be carful i missed up and had to go to safe mode and undo it  no fun...

sometimes that don't work either they fail to close or restart. yea i accidentally turned on updates and did a system restore. never knew it would start the updates if i had a restore set. well thought i bricked my pc. but it finally came through. i use disable on start up and service.msc  to stop anything else i need besides what W10Privacy  can do

ya i would not do those but like a printer-Microsoft teams and so on i dont use i turned it off on startup so that why you got to be carful and if you dont know google it and see what it is like sevice.msc and that stuff i would leave 

ya i would not do those but like a printer-Microsoft teams and so on i dont use i turned it off on startup so that why you got to be carful and if you dont know google it and see what it is like sevice.msc and that stuff i would leave 

i googled all i can now i am in advanced level like DPC latencies. i may take months to gouge all i need just because so much is repeats i just want to know what the best windows community knows besides windows 10 forum

dpc latencies is for memory so i would leave it. i would just do the worst ones and leave the small ones because you will drive your self insane trust me 

34 minutes ago, twinmat said:

dpc latencies is for memory so i would leave it. i would just do the worst ones and leave the small ones because you will drive your self insane trust me 

oddly i enjoy doing tweaking

5 minutes ago, gloege said:

right it the best wait till you get to the ram and cpu wow it fun

7 minutes ago, gloege said:

right it the best wait till you get to the ram and cpu wow it fun get from 2.90 Ghz to 4.01 Ghz

right it the best wait till you get to the ram and cpu wow it fun

yeps already play with that.  i am also going to research how much worse i will be off just leaving pl1 and not using pl2. but i think you are confused the turbo takes care of that  ghz. i would not leave it running full all the time