AMD fTPM causing random stuttering.

2 minutes ago, Sete said:

This fix may be able to resolve the issue when it is released.

https://www.amd.com/pt/support/kb/faq/pa-400

Highly doubt it, it says there that the resolution will be a windows 11 update when this is clearly not a windows 11 issue but it is a CPU or motherboard issue regarding ftpm. This stutter occurs in windows 10 aswell

Intel Core i5-12600K            Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X            XPG Gammix  D10 (4x8GB) DDR4-3200Mhz

ADATA Falcon 512GB            Nvme  XPG Gammix S41 TUF 256GB Nvme            WD Green 480GB Nvme

Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Super            XPG Core Reactor 850W            Seagate HD 1TB 7200rpm                       

Noctua NH-D15            AOC 24G2/BK           Corsair 4000D            Corsair K68            Logitech G502 Hero           

1 minute ago, meemz said:

just in case anyone new shows up, you can just turn off TPM after you install W11 and the issue goes away.

Could you confirm if it is possible to update after doing this? I've seen some reports saying they couldn't update until they re-enable the TPM.

For me its not possible yet since i play a lot of Valorant and riot is enforcing TPM in windows 11

Intel Core i5-12600K            Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X            XPG Gammix  D10 (4x8GB) DDR4-3200Mhz

ADATA Falcon 512GB            Nvme  XPG Gammix S41 TUF 256GB Nvme            WD Green 480GB Nvme

Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Super            XPG Core Reactor 850W            Seagate HD 1TB 7200rpm                       

Noctua NH-D15            AOC 24G2/BK           Corsair 4000D            Corsair K68            Logitech G502 Hero           

Creio que esta correção vai vir em uma próxima atualização de Bios.

Gigabyte rolled out additional beta releases this week for the Aorus Elite and Master boards (maybe others too?).

F36d (this is a beta release) says that it updates the AGESA ComvobV2 to 1.2.0.4 A and it adds in Windows 11 support.

Really hoping this bios update tackles this issue once it's out of beta. I'll try it out once that happens.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:35 PM, Sete said:

Could you confirm if it is possible to update after doing this? I've seen some reports saying they couldn't update until they re-enable the TPM.

we'll have to wait for a w11 update to know that.

Three days with my discrete TPM and I haven't once experienced the issue.

I'm a software engineer who now works from home. I'm on my PC 14 hours per day and I'm guaranteed to get the hiccup at least once per day.

I feel bitter-sweet to conclude that a discrete TPM fixes the problem. Sure, it's a solution. But c'mon, I shouldn't have to spend $50 (now $79, actually) to solve such problems.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:35 PM, Sete said:

I can confirm (with a single data point) that the Windows 11 Beta requires the TPM to be enabled to receive updates. I was prevented from installing non-security updates - such as an update to my Bluetooth controller - while my fTPM was disabled.

It's not exactly the worst thing in the world but I suppose you could leave it disabled then once per week, enable it, check for and install updates, then re-disable it.

I don't think I have have a TPM slot on my motherboard and I'm not changing it just for something I don't even want.

6 hours ago, Zips said:

Gigabyte rolled out additional beta releases this week for the Aorus Elite and Master boards (maybe others too?).

F36d (this is a beta release) says that it updates the AGESA ComvobV2 to 1.2.0.4 A and it adds in Windows 11 support.

Really hoping this bios update tackles this issue once it's out of beta. I'll try it out once that happens.

Some other manufacturers already rolled out beta releases with AGESA 1.2.0.4 A with no change in this behavior, unfortunately.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Memory: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600MHz (18-22-22-42) | Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7C84) | Graphics: AMD Radeon VII 16GB

On 10/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, Andre Lyra said:

Once, installing the latest audio driver released for the motherboard resolved this kind of problem.

No good here with that solution. This doesn't seem to be an audio issue but rather an issue that happens to affect audio.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Memory: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600MHz (18-22-22-42) | Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7C84) | Graphics: AMD Radeon VII 16GB

1 hour ago, meemz said:

I don't think I have have a TPM slot on my motherboard and I'm not changing it just for something I don't even want.

Yeah, I don't blame you.

I hate to say it but I hope that a lot more people have this problem so it gets solid attention and eventually gets fixed.

I'm going to be bitter about this for a long time. I'm not even sure whose fault it is. Judging by the wide variety of motherboard manufacturers mentioned in this thread, I'm assuming that the blame lies with AMD.

I have half a mind to bill them for my TPM chip, on principle.

1 hour ago, Soph3D said:

No good here with that solution. This doesn't seem to be an audio issue but rather an issue that happens to affect audio.

Exactly. I don't even have my onboard audio enabled because I use an add-on card (AE-9). I went a full day without sound once back in the summer (way more difficult than I expected) and I was still plagued with the stuttering problem.

Ah, so this is where the stutters are coming from! Thanks so much!

I have the same issue with X570 Gigabyte Aorus Pro and a Ryzen 5800x

Funny thing is that i installed the first insider dev and turned ftpm on in july and i had no stutter, it was only in end of august to early september that i started to have issues, we know that ftpm is causing it to happen but we don't know why. At the time i did not see this thread and RMA'ed my board(Asus Tuf b550) and got my money back to buy a new one(Msi Mag b550 tomahawk) and this keeps happening. Very annoying, had to roll back to windows 10 because Riot is enforcing secure boot and tpm 2.0 on its AntiCheat in Windows 11(dick move)

7 hours ago, GameDr04 said:

Exactly. I don't even have my onboard audio enabled because I use an add-on card (AE-9). I went a full day without sound once back in the summer (way more difficult than I expected) and I was still plagued with the stuttering problem.

I don't use onboard audio either, but figured I would try anyway, since the driver is loaded whether I'm using it or not. I don't disable it completely, but with my usage I could. I 100% prefer everything going through my interface when possible, and my monitor also has speakers.

18 hours ago, Soph3D said:

Some other manufacturers already rolled out beta releases with AGESA 1.2.0.4 A with no change in this behavior, unfortunately.

That's unfortunate. There's still a chance it's not dependent on the AGESA version though and could be something else that maybe Gigabyte managed to address? Or do we know that it's definitely tied to these newer AGESA versions?

14 hours ago, Zips said:

That's unfortunate. There's still a chance it's not dependent on the AGESA version though and could be something else that maybe Gigabyte managed to address? Or do we know that it's definitely tied to these newer AGESA versions?

I can't say for sure, but it seems likely that this is something either AMD or Microsoft will need to address since it seems it's affecting people using boards from all major vendors.

On 10/9/2021 at 2:50 AM, Zips said:

I've been using the new Bios for two days now , with fTPM on and didn't get a single stutter yet , ill keep you updated.

As a labtop user , I had the same problem for one year😂 , my labtop is ryzen 4800h , and its bios doesn't have ftpm opition , so ftpm is always on , at least you guys can turn it off.

There will be a "CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll" error in the event log(eventvwr.msc) when it stuttering.

like it:

Failed to perform SCEP certificate registration initialization via https://AMD-KeyId-xxxxxxxxxx.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-xxxxxx$:
GetCACaps
Method: GET(15ms)
Phase: GetCACaps
Unable to resolve the name or address of the server 0x80072ee7 (WinHttp: 12007 ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)

me too. thanks your share.

my computer is:

- AMD 3700x

- Asus strix X570-e

- GTX 1060 

-------------

when I turn off the fTMP ,it's fixed

Yeah this is getting annoying. Please go to the feedback hub on windows and report this issue boys

17 hours ago, goodest said:

There will be a "CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll" error in the event log(eventvwr.msc) when it stuttering.

like it:

this error has nothing to do with it , when the stutter happen nothing shows up in Event Viewer.

Hello. I have Asus zephyrus g14 laptop with AMD Ryzen 9 5900HS cpu. I have been having this random stuttering issue since June and I had no clue what was the cause of this random 1 second stutter until I found this thread.

When I check tpm.msc, TPM2.0 is already enable (I am on Windows 11). However, in the bios there is no option to turn it on/off in the advanced tab. Are there any other ways I can turn it off? and will this issue be fixed soon? I have not seen many people talked about it when it is such a huge and annoying issue imo.

Thanks for posting this thread.