AMD fTPM causing random stuttering.

18 minutes ago, Illyaimi said:

I have been having dumbass stutters lately, I swapped to an Asus motherboard too and have ftpm on. Is that really it?

I'm on win 11 but installed with an iso, gonna see if I can turn it off

Yes it really is, you can try to turn it off, we are all have same problem with ftpm. weird thing is, its only occur to ryzen CPU's

21 minutes ago, Sete said:

I saw on some sites saying that Microsoft probably went back and will allow the use of Windows 11 without the TPM turned on, BUT it will be necessary to do the installation through an iso.

no they won't

22 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Exactly, but as long people report it will pretty likely be fixed, i don't know enough yet to try reproduce it yet, i have it turned on at the moment, if tested windows 11 recently but it was acting all weird so i reverted back to my windows 10 image.

the problem is we dont know where to report this problem to,

whatever the case is, I'll stay away from w11 until this becomes common knowledge, nobody is even talking about this issue yet outside this thread, like I said before, I doubt people are even suspecting its the fTPM,  but I'm 100% sure it is. 

so far the only way to fix the stutter is turning it off so that makes it pretty clear to me

3 minutes ago, Sete said:

they wont change windows 11  minimum requirement for TPM 2.0, they state that they have tested ryzen and intel older CPUs to support windows 11 but it has 50% chance to crash and unstable. you can read microsoft full statement here https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/08/27/update-on-windows-11-minimum-system-requirements-and-the-pc-health-check-app/

2 minutes ago, meemz said:

whatever the case is, I'll stay away from w11 until this becomes common knowledge, nobody is even talking about this issue yet outside this thread, like I said before, I doubt people are even suspecting its the fTPM,  but I'm 100% sure it is. 

so far the only way to fix the stutter is turning it off so that makes it pretty clear to me

This was happening to me too, it started with system freezes that i had to restart so i rolled back to windows 10 and got those freezes, i sent my mobo to RMA 😬 Just waiting for it to arrive there.

Intel Core i5-12600K            Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X            XPG Gammix  D10 (4x8GB) DDR4-3200Mhz

ADATA Falcon 512GB            Nvme  XPG Gammix S41 TUF 256GB Nvme            WD Green 480GB Nvme

Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 Super            XPG Core Reactor 850W            Seagate HD 1TB 7200rpm                       

Noctua NH-D15            AOC 24G2/BK           Corsair 4000D            Corsair K68            Logitech G502 Hero           

Mine did stuttering but I switch my Power Option to Ultimate Performance and it complete stop. I using Windows 11 with enabling fTPM.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5900x

MSI Tomhawk X570 Motherboard

7 hours ago, ACE3D said:

Mine did stuttering but I switch my Power Option to Ultimate Performance and it complete stop. I using Windows 11 with enabling fTPM.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5900x

MSI Tomhawk X570 Motherboard

I have it set to AMD Ryzen High Performance on w10

Is there a way to disable ftpm on win11

x570 dark hero | 3950x | 6800xt rog hybrid | tridentz 3200 2x16 + 4000 2x16 | 1tb 980 pro, 512gb 970 evo, seagate 1tb wd 5tb | kraken x63 | dark base pro 900 r1 | corsair hx850i

Just now, Illyaimi said:

Is there a way to disable ftpm on win11

I think you can disable it, but it seems that you are unable to receive updates. In that case you would have to disable to use and enable to update.

2 hours ago, Sete said:

I think you can disable it, but it seems that you are unable to receive updates. In that case you would have to disable to use and enable to update.

I just wanna test it to see if the stutters stop. Do you know how to disable it? I can't find after googling. I can switch to discrete but dunno if that counts as disabling if I don't have a discrete tpm

x570 dark hero | 3950x | 6800xt rog hybrid | tridentz 3200 2x16 + 4000 2x16 | 1tb 980 pro, 512gb 970 evo, seagate 1tb wd 5tb | kraken x63 | dark base pro 900 r1 | corsair hx850i

9 minutes ago, Illyaimi said:

I just wanna test it to see if the stutters stop. Do you know how to disable it? I can't find after googling. I can switch to discrete but dunno if that counts as disabling if I don't have a discrete tpm

Putting this option (Discrete) will disable it. If you have an Asus board and have installed the latest bios, you will have to do the tutorial I posted a few pages ago.

To find out if tpm has been disabled, type "tpm.msc" in Windows Run.

Made an account here after the Reddit thread in r/AMD pointed out this issue.

For those who have the Feedback Hub, it seems as though someone created a bug report for this particular issue about a week back: https://aka.ms/AAdp03i 

I already upvoted it and provided some additional details in the comments. If you have this issue and have the Feedback Hub installed, I strongly urge you to also upvote it. Hopefully it'll get some eyes on it from someone at Microsoft.

4 minutes ago, Illyaimi said:

It's an option in your bios but it depends on your motherboard manufacturer where the option is located.

For example on my Gigabyte board, it's under Settings > Miscellaneous > AMD CPU fTPM

From there, change "Enabled" to "Disabled" then Save and exit.

1 minute ago, Zips said:

Made an account here after the Reddit thread in r/AMD pointed out this issue.

For those who have the Feedback Hub, it seems as though someone created a bug report for this particular issue about a week back: https://aka.ms/AAdp03i 

I already upvoted it and provided some additional details in the comments. If you have this issue and have the Feedback Hub installed, I strongly urge you to also upvote it. Hopefully it'll get some eyes on it from someone at Microsoft.

It's an option in your bios but it depends on your motherboard manufacturer where the option is located.

For example on my Gigabyte board, it's under Settings > Miscellaneous > AMD CPU fTPM

From there, change "Enabled" to "Disabled" then Save and exit.

I have an asus board and I'm on win 11, haven't seen a disable option yet. I'll try what @sete wrote above and see how it goes

FWIW, I'm on w10 and ever since I updated my b550 chipset driver from the AMD website and the amd driver update that windows gave me, I haven't had the stutter issues anymore. It's been 5 days now. 

Still having the issue even after updating to the latest amd chipset driver update can confirm. 5900x

It's funny, you could go a month without the problem happening, but as soon as you open your mouth it comes back. 

Can confirm, despite being problem free for a week after I updated my drivers the stutter came back today. 

ryzen 5800x

asus b450 tuf pro gaming

rtx 3080ti

last drivers and bios

Exactly the same problem, only disabling ftpm helps, it seems that because of this problem I will not be able to use Windows 11

Went back to the Reddit thread and saw this post made about a week ago: 

Has anyone here tried this option yet? It seems like this person fixed their issue by having fTPM enabled but then setting "PSU Idle Control" to "Typical Current" instead of Low or Auto.

This person is talking about an "idle freeze problem," so I'm not 100% sure that this is the exact same issue as what we're experiencing in here.

However, if anybody has tried this and can verify the workaround fix, that'd be awesome.

6 hours ago, Zips said:

Has anyone here tried this option yet? It seems like this person fixed their issue by having fTPM enabled but then setting "PSU Idle Control" to "Typical Current" instead of Low or Auto.

This person is talking about an "idle freeze problem," so I'm not 100% sure that this is the exact same issue as what we're experiencing in here.

However, if anybody has tried this and can verify the workaround fix, that'd be awesome.

I tried this, the random stutter is still there. 

20 hours ago, Zips said:

I'm the one who made that post. It was for a different issue, and in the end it didn't help anyway. 

19 hours ago, ANGGARAMDAN said:

I tried this, the random stutter is still there. 

That's a bummer. I was about to try it myself but won't bother now.

4 hours ago, NimjaIV said:

I'm the one who made that post. It was for a different issue, and in the end it didn't help anyway. 

Damn, thought that might've been the case. Thanks for the update at least.

I have the same issue , it was driving me crazy , I have 5900x with x570 Aorus Elite mobo.

there is a new beta update for the bios that came out yesterday , did anyone try it?

I don't know if it will fix it because its still using the same AGESA version.