AMD fTPM causing random stuttering.

1 hour ago, meemz said:

no, I'm just waiting for newer bios at this point, or for someone who has the time and tools to test pc components to look into it, I think there are probably a lot more people having this issue but not realizing that its caused by fTPM so it will take a while, I have no idea if there is a way to make this issue more known.

thats a bummer. maybe you can make a thread in feedback apps on windows

Hi. I have the exact same problem on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite. So I guess this is a problem widespread across all manufacturers and can be solved only by a proper AGESA or maybe Windows update. I don't think there is anything we can do except for disabling fTPM. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I agree that it would be a good idea to let someone know about this issue since Windows 11 is coming soon.

33 minutes ago, DRenars said:

Hi. I have the exact same problem on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite. So I guess this is a problem widespread across all manufacturers and can be solved only by a proper AGESA or maybe Windows update. I don't think there is anything we can do except for disabling fTPM. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I agree that it would be a good idea to let someone know about this issue since Windows 11 is coming soon.

Try to update Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - SecurityDevices - 5.17.0.0 optional update on windows update, 2 days without random stuttering now i hope it fixed it 🤞

3 minutes ago, ANGGARAMDAN said:

Try to update Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - SecurityDevices - 5.17.0.0 optional update on windows update, 2 days without random stuttering now i hope it fixed it 🤞

I do not have that update on my optional list. Last installed SecurityDevices is 4.15.0.0 so i guess Microsoft doesn't want me to update. Thanks for the suggestion but you shouldn't get your hopes up - I had even a few days without stutter but it happened again after some time. I updated everything there was to update including of course the BIOS. I don't feel like updating anything more. I'll just turn fTPM off and wait.

2 hours ago, DRenars said:

I do not have that update on my optional list. Last installed SecurityDevices is 4.15.0.0 so i guess Microsoft doesn't want me to update. Thanks for the suggestion but you shouldn't get your hopes up - I had even a few days without stutter but it happened again after some time. I updated everything there was to update including of course the BIOS. I don't feel like updating anything more. I'll just turn fTPM off and wait.

im on windows 11 beta, so i cant turn ftpm off, 

3 hours ago, DRenars said:

still no stuttering now. 

1 hour ago, ANGGARAMDAN said:

nevermind, just got stuttering just now

7 hours ago, ANGGARAMDAN said:

ah so it even happens in windows 11? I'm definitely not upgrading then lol

Yes, this problem occurs with Windows 11 too.

I have two questions...

Are you using Microsoft account or local account?

After this stuttering already checked in the event viewer under Windows logs -> Security ?

Google translate 

new bios dropped, gonna turn on fTPM again and see if the stutter is gonne with this new version

agresa.png

8 hours ago, meemz said:

new bios dropped, gonna turn on fTPM again and see if the stutter is gonne with this new version

agresa.png

how is it?

1 hour ago, ANGGARAMDAN said:

how is it?

Just came back to say its still stuttering. really seems like they are not gonna fix this fast enough

Happened to me as well using a x570 asrock taichi with a 5900x CPU. Happens 2-3 a day for around 1-2 seconds . Turning off fTPM eliminates the problem. Hope it gets fixed soon or I’ll be sticking with windows 10

I just made an account to chime in. Thanks OP for identifying the cause of the issue! When it first happened to me I thought it was one of my HDD dying. 

I have 5600x on gigabyte b550 aorous pro ac. I've had the stuttering issue lately, but I updated my chipset driver to 5.17.0.0 after the latest techquickie. I know others here have had the issue even after updating, but I'll let you know if mine ends up making a difference. 

8 hours ago, meemz said:

Just came back to say its still stuttering. really seems like they are not gonna fix this fast enough

4 hours ago, Dean98 said:

Happened to me as well using a x570 asrock taichi with a 5900x CPU. Happens 2-3 a day for around 1-2 seconds . Turning off fTPM eliminates the problem. Hope it gets fixed soon or I’ll be sticking with windows 10

3 hours ago, NimjaIV said:

I just made an account to chime in. Thanks OP for identifying the cause of the issue! When it first happened to me I thought it was one of my HDD dying. 

I have 5600x on gigabyte b550 aorous pro ac. I've had the stuttering issue lately, but I updated my chipset driver to 5.17.0.0 after the latest techquickie. I know others here have had the issue even after updating, but I'll let you know if mine ends up making a difference. 

2 hours ago, Nacht said:

If not had it yet, may not have noticed it yet altho im still on windows 10

how to make this problem viral so manufacturere can fix this annoying problem ASAP.?

1 minute ago, Nacht said:

Windows 11 is pretty new give it time, they will surely fix the issues, even if some haven't experienced it yet.

i think only ryzen with fTPM feature can experience this bug.

One suggestion, 

Try uninstalling any Motherboard specific software. (Asus, gigabyte, etc...). Furthermore if you have ryzen master installed or any software that can interact with the bios via software, uninstall it. 

Enable fTPM and try again. 

2 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

One suggestion, 

Try uninstalling any Motherboard specific software. (Asus, gigabyte, etc...). Furthermore if you have ryzen master installed or any software that can interact with the bios via software, uninstall it. 

Enable fTPM and try again. 

I don't have ryzen master and I removed Armory Crate a long time ago, I think that was the only software that came with the motherboard.

Gotchya, 

If you haven't already, use the uninstall utility: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Uninstall_Tool.zip

if it doesn't see an installation, it might bypass the script. You would then need to INSTALL it again, restart then use the uninstall utility. (Then Restart) 

Best of luck

1 hour ago, Nacht said:

Windows 11 is pretty new give it time, they will surely fix the issues, even if some haven't experienced it yet.

This is happening on windows 10 as well.

15 minutes ago, Dean98 said:

This is happening on windows 10 as well.

yep, but at least 10 doesn't require TPM, I can just turn it off.

1 hour ago, Nacht said:

It has ftpm

What i mean is intel any ryzen with fTPM on it's motherboard got this problem, they just don't realize it yet

I have been having dumbass stutters lately, I swapped to an Asus motherboard too and have ftpm on. Is that really it?

I'm on win 11 but installed with an iso, gonna see if I can turn it off

x570 dark hero | 3950x | 6800xt rog hybrid | tridentz 3200 2x16 + 4000 2x16 | 1tb 980 pro, 512gb 970 evo, seagate 1tb wd 5tb | kraken x63 | dark base pro 900 r1 | corsair hx850i

I saw on some sites saying that Microsoft probably went back and will allow the use of Windows 11 without the TPM turned on, BUT it will be necessary to do the installation through an iso.