AMD fTPM causing random stuttering.

2 hours ago, Rafaelhaf said:

Do you have something else in your setup like for example... sound card?

nope, nothing out of the ordinary

My SETUP

CPU - Ryzen 5600X
MB - Asrock B550 Steel Legends - Bios 2.00 AGESA ComboAM4v2 1.2.0.2
Ram - G.skill 16 GB 3600
GPU - RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING OC 3X WHITE 8G
Cooler - Corsair H80i v2
Sound card: Asus Strix Soar 7.1 pcie
Nvme - Samsung 970 Evo 256GB (Windows)
Nvme - Crucial P2 Ct1000p2ssd8 1TB
PSU - XPG Core Reactor 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Mouse - Logitech G600
Keyboard - Logitech G513
Headset - Logitech G432
Monitor 1 - LG 29 Ultrawide 29UM68-P
Monitor 2 - LG 23 D2343

Does anyone have something in common?

• 2 weeks later...

got a new email from asus support, they linked me to a "new BIOS" that just released and asked me to update.

too bad that the link takes me to the same exact bios from over a month ago 😂.

and just by chance that whoever is sending me emails from asus support finds themselves here, drop the bs please, if you are not going to help just stop sending me garbage.

I sent an email to ASROCK and they asked me for some information so their engineering team can analyze and give me feedback because in my case my boot time also increases with FTPM enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

ok I got one last email from support, the bios are actually updated this time, they came with fTPM enabled by default and it even says they have support for w11,

I will leave fTPM enabled again for the next couple days, if any stuttering happens I'll report it here again.

ftpm.png

2 random stutters today, I'll switch fTPM back to disabled, this is really frustrating.

Did you update the bios?

What procedures did ASUS suggest to you?

1 minute ago, Rafaelhaf said:

Did you update the bios?

What procedures did ASUS suggest to you?

yes I updated the bios to the latest version, there are newer versions but they are on beta, I'll try those when they are stable. 

I checked and came out today a new bios update with the new AGESA and FTPM enabled by default.

I will update later and take the test

Captura da Web_6-8-2021_145132_www.asrock.com.jpeg

Hello everybody, sorry for my bad english, I do not speak english very well.

I'm having the exact same problem, my setup is a a320 prime and R5 3600x, also a 2060.

Random lag and stutering, 1-3 times in a day, usually when I'm playing or watching something online.

When I turned off fTPM the sttutering was gone.

Yesterday I updates the bios to the new version, that comes it fTPM already enabled and still have sttutering, after that even disabling fTPM the problem keep happen.

(I'm learning english, so if something is wrong, please, correct me and help me to improve (-; )

Even after bios update it still persists.

Still no solution.

Chiming in with the same issues.

I had random stuttering throughout the day, making anything on screen and the audio go slow-mo for a second or two.

I can confirm that the implementation of fTPM is the problem and that disabling it is the fix.

Asus Prime A320M-K with an R5 3600, 32 gigs of RAM, and a 2060 Super.

As of the latest bios for my board(5606), fTPM cannot be disabled. Every reboot reenables it.

Reflash the last bios which allows disabling fTPM, version 5603 in my case.

I don't think it's a defect, I think something related to software and BIOS
I will post this in the AMD community.

I hope this gets fixed before w11 releases or it will be a mess

I'm also having the same problem and I only solved it by disabling the FTPM in the bios.

Config:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (AF)
MB: EX-A320M-GAMING
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB (2x8) 3200Mhz
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming X3 GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER™ OC edition

Note: It is possible to disable FTPM in the new Asus bios by following the steps in the attached images.

01.jpeg

02.jpeg

03.jpeg

04.jpeg

ok, I have a weird theory about the stuttering but I'm not able to test it myself because of how the wires are set up in my house.

Recently I noticed that the stuttering happens a lot more often when playing online, Guilty Gear Strive and Trackmania 2020 seem to trigger it very easily. The thing is, the amount of stutter I get depends on what frequency the wifi router is set to, so maybe if I used a wired internet connection the stuttering would completely go away, sadly I cant test this. 

I would appreciate it if any of you can give it a shot with a wired internet connection and tell us if it fixes anything.

15 minutes ago, meemz said:

ok, I have a weird theory about the stuttering but I'm not able to test it myself because of how the wires are set up in my house.

Recently I noticed that the stuttering happens a lot more often when playing online, Guilty Gear Strive and Trackmania 2020 seem to trigger it very easily. The thing is, the amount of stutter I get depends on what frequency the wifi router is set to, so maybe if I used a wired internet connection the stuttering would completely go away, sadly I cant test this. 

I would appreciate it if any of you can give it a shot with a wired internet connection and tell us if it fixes anything.

I use wired connection and I have the same problem. My problem occurs when using browser with many tabs or when playing games.

1 minute ago, Sete said:

I use wired connection and I have the same problem. My problem occurs when using browser with many tabs or when playing games.

ok thanks, so then it happens even with wired internet.

that's a shame.

I guess we just gotta wait for another bios update

I had these stutterings from fTPM and was leaving it disabled, but yesterday I received an optional AMD PSP driver update on Windows Update called Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - Security Devices 5.17.0.0, I updated the PSP driver with fTPM activated and after that I had no more stuttering. AMD PSP has fTPM integration so I believe they fixed the problem with this update.
The strange thing is that the last version of the PSP was 4.16.0.0 so probably this version 5.17.0.0 is a special for the B550.
The release notes for this update are not available anywhere yet, if you haven't received it through Windows Update it will likely come with the next AMD Chipset update.

18 hours ago, Lucas Leite said:

I had these stutterings from fTPM and was leaving it disabled, but yesterday I received an optional AMD PSP driver update on Windows Update called Advanced Micro Devices Inc. - Security Devices 5.17.0.0, I updated the PSP driver with fTPM activated and after that I had no more stuttering. AMD PSP has fTPM integration so I believe they fixed the problem with this update.
The strange thing is that the last version of the PSP was 4.16.0.0 so probably this version 5.17.0.0 is a special for the B550.
The release notes for this update are not available anywhere yet, if you haven't received it through Windows Update it will likely come with the next AMD Chipset update.

I just ran this update I'm gonna activate fTPM and see if its solved

Nope, the stuttering is back even with the update

i have this exact same issue, after enable ftpm, im using ryzen 7 3700x, motherboard MSI msi b450 a pro max. 

On 8/19/2021 at 3:32 AM, meemz said:

Nope, the stuttering is back even with the update

any update to fix this annoying stutter bro?

23 hours ago, ANGGARAMDAN said:

any update to fix this annoying stutter bro?

no, I'm just waiting for newer bios at this point, or for someone who has the time and tools to test pc components to look into it, I think there are probably a lot more people having this issue but not realizing that its caused by fTPM so it will take a while, I have no idea if there is a way to make this issue more known.