I'm in need of a better Airflow Case! Any suggestions ?

Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
On 6/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, KarlLagerfeuer said:

Thx for the replie. Budget whise, it would be nice if its not like a 150/200 €/$ Case. Something thats not ugly as hell but provides good airflow, while holding  360 rad at top. I have two SSDs and one HDD.

Edit: That Said, i think my 280 Arctic is enough for my CPU and it would be enough to put that on top, so My 3090 can get the pure fresh air from the front Fans. Therefore i need a case where i can fit my 280 Rad from Artic (its a biggy) on top without killing my Ram XD.

So Its more Important to me that the GPU ist getting enough fresh Air! Thats my main goal, get the Temps down on the GPU without Watercooling it.

Corair 4000d airflow would do well if you're sticking to the 280mm. 5000d if you think you might go 360mm later.

As far as the rest, top mount or front mount doesn't change a whole lot. Just make sure part of the rad is above the pump. If you go front mount, tilt it towards the back for a little bit so that the air can go to the rad. Hoses would go into the bottom of the rad in either case. You could also set the rad on top of the case, mount the pump and then mount the rad so it stays at the high spot. 

<removed by moderation>

Hey me Lads!

I need a new Case with better Airflow, because my 'old' bequiet! Purebase 500D is sadly to small to handle good Temps for my new msi 3090 Ventus.

I need a case where i can fit a 360 Rad in top of the case for my CPU.

Any suggestions?

Thx ^^

IMG_20210606_183534.jpg

would need to know budget. size (mid tower, full tower etc.) how many storage (HDD/SSD) slots you need, 

right now i would look into the fractal design meshify series of cases, the corsair 4000D airflow and 5000D airflow,

9 hours ago, tdkid said:

would need to know budget. size (mid tower, full tower etc.) how many storage (HDD/SSD) slots you need, 

right now i would look into the fractal design meshify series of cases, the corsair 4000D airflow and 5000D airflow,

Thx for the replie. Budget whise, it would be nice if its not like a 150/200 €/$ Case. Something thats not ugly as hell but provides good airflow, while holding  360 rad at top. I have two SSDs and one HDD.

Edit: That Said, i think my 280 Arctic is enough for my CPU and it would be enough to put that on top, so My 3090 can get the pure fresh air from the front Fans. Therefore i need a case where i can fit my 280 Rad from Artic (its a biggy) on top without killing my Ram XD.

So Its more Important to me that the GPU ist getting enough fresh Air! Thats my main goal, get the Temps down on the GPU without Watercooling it.

Edited by KarlLagerfeuer

18 hours ago, KarlLagerfeuer said:

Hey me Lads!

I need a new Case with better Airflow, because my 'old' bequiet! Purebase 500D is sadly to small to handle good Temps for my new msi 3090 Ventus.

Any suggestions?

Thx ^^

IMG_20210606_183534.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterCase-Mid-Tower-Controller/dp/B07DRVHBWK

here is some air for u

image.png.df269693c56c36d0fd8f60bc833e0884.png

1 hour ago, KarlLagerfeuer said:

ok. a $200 budget is a start to know what to say. not ugly as hell is impossible because only you would be able to say what is ugly or not for you, like some people like this design of case. others do not.AH T600 Full Tower Chassis (thermaltakeusa.com)

as for what norkris said. i would stay away from any case that has 200mm fans. they look good but dont have the pressure needed for good airflow. 

Thanks for the all the thoughts. I will look into that a bit more ^^

14 hours ago, NorKris said:

Ive actually used this case before for my brothers build but if I recall it only does a 240 at the top not a 360. Someone else mentioned the Meshify series, I would second that as its fantastic case, looks good to many, build really well and just an all around good performer. Is there a reason you dont wanna put your GPU on water?

3 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Ive actually used this case before for my brothers build but if I recall it only does a 240 at the top not a 360. Someone else mentioned the Meshify series, I would second that as its fantastic case, looks good to many, build really well and just an all around good performer. Is there a reason you dont wanna put your GPU on water?

360 in front 

6 hours ago, NorKris said:

360 in front 

its better and smarter with AIOs to have the rad above the pump so you dont have to worry about liquid not being on the pump and running it dry causing it to burn out..

i would suggest moving the rad to on top so you dont have to worry about this. i would also suggest that if you are looking at the fractal design meshify series of cases i mentioned earlier, then look at this case. up to 4 120mm fans/ 3 140mm fans or up to 480 radiator on top. same on the front. Meshify 2 XL Light Tempered Glass — Fractal Design (fractal-design.com) also has dark tempered glass but we all know RGB adds frames and frames win games. LOL

Have you tried push-pull with the radiator? That would make it less likely for the gpu to re-circulate air.

On 6/6/2021 at 12:41 PM, KarlLagerfeuer said:

Hey me Lads!

Any suggestions?

Thx ^^

IMG_20210606_183534.jpg

I use this 
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/mastercase-h500p-mesh-white-argb/

I've put some rubber pads to prevent vibration of the side mesh and it's super silent.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

3 hours ago, tdkid said:

its better and smarter with AIOs to have the rad above the pump so you dont have to worry about liquid not being on the pump and running it dry causing it to burn out..

i would suggest moving the rad to on top so you dont have to worry about this. i would also suggest that if you are looking at the fractal design meshify series of cases i mentioned earlier, then look at this case. up to 4 120mm fans/ 3 140mm fans or up to 480 radiator on top. same on the front. Meshify 2 XL Light Tempered Glass — Fractal Design (fractal-design.com) also has dark tempered glass but we all know RGB adds frames and frames win games. LOL

as long as the top of the rad is over the pump ur fine.

Front Rad = best temps

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

as long as the top of the rad is over the pump ur fine.

Front Rad = best temps

and what happens when the rad starts to drain unnoticed because the connections are at the bottom of the rad? 

front of the case for outside airflow with rad on top as exhaust makes more sense. 

6 minutes ago, tdkid said:

and what happens when the rad starts to drain unnoticed because the connections are at the bottom of the rad? 

front of the case for outside airflow with rad on top as exhaust makes more sense. 

By drain u mean leak?

Top rad as exhaust make sense if u want higher temps yes 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

By drain u mean leak?

Top rad as exhaust make sense if u want higher temps yes 

yes i mean a leak. in which the rad will slowly drain over time just like the the cooling system in vehicles. 

so putting a rad on the front of the case where its pulling the hot air to the inside of the case is better than putting it on top where it would blow out the hot air?

26 minutes ago, tdkid said:

yes i mean a leak. in which the rad will slowly drain over time just like the the cooling system in vehicles. 

so putting a rad on the front of the case where its pulling the hot air to the inside of the case is better than putting it on top where it would blow out the hot air?

let me look at ur logic here, if rads are slowly leaking ( they dont btw) u want them to slowly leak of the MB, CPU and GPU.. ok intresting

CPU coolest air or CPU hottest air hmmm. i go for coolest air

7 hours ago, tdkid said:

the reason to have the rad above the pump is so air bubbles dont get trapped in the cpu block  but at the top of the rad instead. nothing to do with running it dry in an aio. if your aio is dry you have bigger problems.

in custom water cooling loops you want a res above the pump as long as this happens your fine and wont run the pump dry. again you dont want the cpu block to be the highest point in the loop as said above as air bubbles can be trapped in it.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

39 minutes ago, NorKris said:

let me look at ur logic here, if rads are slowly leaking ( they dont btw) u want them to slowly leak of the MB, CPU and GPU.. ok intresting

CPU coolest air or CPU hottest air hmmm. i go for coolest air

no i said they could leak. your logic says that mine is that they are designed to leak and that is wrong. they can leak and because of one reason or another. they will leak if not properly maintained just like a regular watercooling loop.

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the reason to have the rad above the pump is so air bubbles dont get trapped in the cpu block  but at the top of the rad instead. nothing to do with running it dry in an aio. if your aio is dry you have bigger problems.

in custom water cooling loops you want a res above the pump as long as this happens your fine and wont run the pump dry. again you dont want the cpu block to be the highest point in the loop as said above as air bubbles can be trapped in it.

and what do you think i said? is not air bubbles running dry when we are talking about a waterpump?

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

''they will leak if not properly maintained just like a regular watercooling loop."

Dude, its fine that you don't know so much about AIOs and leaking and airflow and stuff. but like don't argue when u don't know so much 

4 minutes ago, tdkid said:

no i said they could leak. your logic says that mine is that they are designed to leak and that is wrong. they can leak and because of one reason or another. they will leak if not properly maintained just like a regular watercooling loop.

and what do you think i said? is not air bubbles running dry when we are talking about a waterpump?

you said "liquid not being on the pump and running it dry"

i said "air bubbles being stuck in the cpu block/pump"

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

36 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Dude, its fine that you don't know so much about AIOs and leaking and airflow and stuff. but like don't argue when u don't know so much 

dude its fine you have been on this site longer than i have but that doesnt mean you are automatically right. there is this little thing called wearing down in which new parts become old parts based on several factors such as friction and age. its ok to think your opinion on AIOs is correct. its why forums are created, to help people like yourself learn that a quick answer is not always the best.

this is an old saying here and you may have heard of it or maybe not. i dont know you or your life.

"if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime". different counties have different meanings along with everyone's own opinion on it. for me it means that if you help someone gain the knowledge they are looking for then you will have helped them more than just giving them the answer.

and dont think because my profile pic is a big "bubba" truck that i am some idiot. i just use pics i find online as its harder to trace that a pic of my face since i am a repo agent where i live.

31 minutes ago, tdkid said:

dude its fine you have been on this site longer than i have but that doesnt mean you are automatically right. there is this little thing called wearing down in which new parts become old parts based on several factors such as friction and age. its ok to think your opinion on AIOs is correct. its why forums are created, to help people like yourself learn that a quick answer is not always the best.

this is an old saying here and you may have heard of it or maybe not. i dont know you or your life.

"if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime". different counties have different meanings along with everyone's own opinion on it. for me it means that if you help someone gain the knowledge they are looking for then you will have helped them more than just giving them the answer.

and dont think because my profile pic is a big "bubba" truck that i am some idiot. i just use pics i find online as its harder to trace that a pic of my face since i am a repo agent where i live.

Bro, ur saying that if you dont maintain a AIO it will leak.. u CANT maintain a AIO from leaking.
Next; if you think the Rad on the AIO wil leak its VERY stupid to put it over the MB, CPU and GPU.

This is not based on opinion or how long u have been on a forum. its common sense 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

Bro, ur saying that if you dont maintain a AIO it will leak.. u CANT maintain a AIO from leaking.
secound. if you think the Rad on the AIO wil leak its VERY stupid to put it over the MB, CPU and GPU.

This is not based on opinion or how long u have been on a forum. its common sense 

first off you can just like any other PC maintanence. you clean at a regular time like once or twice a year at the least. second.take a look at all AIOs, there is going to be a point that it could leak from no matter what so it doesnt matter if its above, in front, below or hehind the MB, CPU or GPU.. third take a good look at the pic in the first post. where is the rad? where is the holes for the rad to connect to the tubes that connect to pump on the CPU on the motherboard? on the bottom right? if there was to be a leak there, it would go unnoticed until the pump gave out and temps started to spike.

my main point in all of this is to at the very least, flip the rad so the ports are on top.

11 minutes ago, tdkid said:

first off you can just like any other PC maintanence. you clean at a regular time like once or twice a year at the least. second.take a look at all AIOs, there is going to be a point that it could leak from no matter what so it doesnt matter if its above, in front, below or hehind the MB, CPU or GPU.. third take a good look at the pic in the first post. where is the rad? where is the holes for the rad to connect to the tubes that connect to pump on the CPU on the motherboard? on the bottom right? if there was to be a leak there, it would go unnoticed until the pump gave out and temps started to spike.

my main point in all of this is to at the very least, flip the rad so the ports are on top.

image.png.c9d8c092715ab1bff27d41a3bbc414d9.png

Leaks at the rad would have no chance of killing ur system.
next best is tubes at the top of the rad

16 hours ago, NorKris said:

360 in front 

Yep, just OP said specifically he wanted 360 at the top