I'm in need of a better Airflow Case! Any suggestions ?

Go to solution Solved by IkeaGnome,
On 6/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, KarlLagerfeuer said:

Thx for the replie. Budget whise, it would be nice if its not like a 150/200 €/$ Case. Something thats not ugly as hell but provides good airflow, while holding  360 rad at top. I have two SSDs and one HDD.

Edit: That Said, i think my 280 Arctic is enough for my CPU and it would be enough to put that on top, so My 3090 can get the pure fresh air from the front Fans. Therefore i need a case where i can fit my 280 Rad from Artic (its a biggy) on top without killing my Ram XD.

So Its more Important to me that the GPU ist getting enough fresh Air! Thats my main goal, get the Temps down on the GPU without Watercooling it.

Corair 4000d airflow would do well if you're sticking to the 280mm. 5000d if you think you might go 360mm later.

As far as the rest, top mount or front mount doesn't change a whole lot. Just make sure part of the rad is above the pump. If you go front mount, tilt it towards the back for a little bit so that the air can go to the rad. Hoses would go into the bottom of the rad in either case. You could also set the rad on top of the case, mount the pump and then mount the rad so it stays at the high spot. 

<removed by moderation>

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

Yep, just OP said specifically he wanted 360 at the top

maybe he doesn't know its worse tho 

37 minutes ago, NorKris said:

image.png.c9d8c092715ab1bff27d41a3bbc414d9.png

Leaks at the rad would have no chance of killing ur system.
next best is tubes at the top of the rad

best is intake and exhaust out side with out dumping heat in to the mb or gpu

pc update 005.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

best is intake and exhaust out side with out dumping heat in to the mb or gpu

oh well, not every1 can do 10000$ on "outdated" fans 😄 and a moonstertowerofdoom

hows the monsterofdoom going btw?

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

oh well, not every1 can do 10000$ on "outdated" fans 😄 and a moonstertowerofdoom

hows the monsterofdoom going btw?

tru but its the best...

ya its been sitting in my living room for like 3 years... i want aqaucomputer next vision pumps res and cpu block but i dont want to spend like $1000 more...but ill probably end up doing it for the sake of moving on... the other d5 pumps can be use in other pcs so wont be too much of a wast.

psu update 004.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

tru but its the best...

ya its been sitting in my living room for like 3 years... i want aqaucomputer next vision pumps res and cpu block but i dont want to spend like $1000 more...but ill probably end up doing it for the sake of moving on... the other d5 pumps can be use in other pcs so wont be too much of a wast.

3years.. HOLY

3 minutes ago, NorKris said:

3years.. HOLY

ya i got many other projects in the works...is my problem and im laze

98se pc...soon x2

antec lanboy air x58 need to buy plexyglass, gpu mount, find fans,

30x sfc (mod them for both us and jappanes games)

30x jn64 (mod them for both us and jappanes games) complete just need to sell them

400x sfc controllers sell some repair some

140x n64 controllers sell some repair some

cheap ass pc case build with diy rgb

test all the rgb controllers i have an make a guide

looking to build an xp x79 pc when i get a good price...

my desk cable management

server rack game consoles mount and wire up. find an Ethernet switch mount controller ports nes,snes,n64

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

image.png.c9d8c092715ab1bff27d41a3bbc414d9.png

Leaks at the rad would have no chance of killing ur system.
next best is tubes at the top of the rad

if you want to get air bubbles in the lines sure its the best way. but with the tubes on top, air would rise to the highest point which would be away from the CPU and the space would be filled with more water. plus ravendarat just said it again. OP is looking for a case that can support a 360mm rad on TOP for their CPU.

front rad will make the gpu and mb hotter but cpu cooler well an top mounted rad will make the mb and gpu cooler but cpu not as cool.

now too aio gpu and cpu one will dump hot air in to the case making the mb, gpu, cpu, and vrms hotter well one sucks the hot air thoe making that one not as cool.

now if you intake from the front and out the bottom and top then both will be cooler.

just because an gpu and cpu have an aio on dose not mean it cant benefit form a fan across it like the artic aio vrms, pcb still benefit.

61uvctlUxmL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

front rad will make the gpu and mb hotter but cpu cooler well an top mounted rad will make the mb and gpu cooler but cpu not as cool.

now too aio gpu and cpu one will dump hot air in to the case making the mb, gpu, cpu, and vrms hotter well one sucks the hot air thoe making that one not as cool.

now if you intake from the front and out the bottom and top then both will be cooler.

just because an gpu and cpu have an aio on dose not mean it cant benefit form a fan across it like the artic aio vrms, pcb still benefit.

Ye well the test shows GPU increasing from 0-c depending on the load and so on. Not very much

On 6/7/2021 at 6:50 AM, KarlLagerfeuer said:

Thx for the replie. Budget whise, it would be nice if its not like a 150/200 €/$ Case. Something thats not ugly as hell but provides good airflow, while holding  360 rad at top. I have two SSDs and one HDD.

Edit: That Said, i think my 280 Arctic is enough for my CPU and it would be enough to put that on top, so My 3090 can get the pure fresh air from the front Fans. Therefore i need a case where i can fit my 280 Rad from Artic (its a biggy) on top without killing my Ram XD.

So Its more Important to me that the GPU ist getting enough fresh Air! Thats my main goal, get the Temps down on the GPU without Watercooling it.

Corair 4000d airflow would do well if you're sticking to the 280mm. 5000d if you think you might go 360mm later.

As far as the rest, top mount or front mount doesn't change a whole lot. Just make sure part of the rad is above the pump. If you go front mount, tilt it towards the back for a little bit so that the air can go to the rad. Hoses would go into the bottom of the rad in either case. You could also set the rad on top of the case, mount the pump and then mount the rad so it stays at the high spot. 

<removed by moderation>

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 6/10/2021 at 1:31 AM, tdkid said:

i can see that. did you at least learn something before you were removed?

yes i did! one of the guys did test the front radiator stuff, 

he said CPU temp did go down 1c more than GPU did go up, but he did remove a front fan to place the rad there, so that would explain the GPU go up 

4 hours ago, NorKris said:

yes i did! one of the guys did test the front radiator stuff, 

he said CPU temp did go down 1c more than GPU did go up, but he did remove a front fan to place the rad there, so that would explain the GPU go up 

good. the main point of putting the AIO on top is to make sure the pump doesnt run dry making you have to RMA it sooner than what most would. 

10 minutes ago, tdkid said:

good. the main point of putting the AIO on top is to make sure the pump doesnt run dry making you have to RMA it sooner than what most would. 

well as gamers nexus said in that video, as long as parts of the radiator is above the pump ur fine 

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

well as gamers nexus said in that video, as long as parts of the radiator is above the pump ur fine 

yes but he also said that these AIOs do leak no matter what. 

55 minutes ago, tdkid said:

yes but he also said that these AIOs do leak no matter what. 

did not see that. but yes i agree, aios can leak no matter what 

one more reason to have 2 of the leaking points over nothing ✌️

it was in one of the videos i linked. and is why you put the ports towards the front of the case.

it wasnt called leaking, it was called something that basically means that the liquid inside evaporates so you have to replace them like once every 5 years.

10 minutes ago, tdkid said:

it was called something that basically means that the liquid inside evaporates

Permeation.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

it was in one of the videos i linked. and is why you put the ports towards the front of the case.

ye, im glad too see this trend going in pc builder industry now after gamers nexus and jayz made their video's with ppl now placing rads in front with tubes down. 

On 6/9/2021 at 12:15 PM, tdkid said:

There is this little thing called pressure that fans are rated on (CFM).

The unit of measure for static pressure is often inches of water (in. water). The static pressure of one inch of water is the suction needed to draw water up a straw one inch. For comparison, 1 pound per square inch static pressure (1 psi) is equal to 27.7 in. water static pressure. Sometimes static pressure is given as Pascals (Pa). The static pressure of 0.1 inches of water (in. water) is equal to about 25 Pascals (Pa).

https://www.asi.k-state.edu/doc/dairy/fans-airflow-vs-static-pressure.pdf

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

4 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

Permeation.

that was it. it was just escaping me for the minute. 

but please tell me why we are measuring computer case fans with a water measurment? 

3 hours ago, tdkid said:

that not why...an sealed aio can be in any oration only have to worry about that with a custom loops.

so top mount or front mount as long as the rad go higher then the pump/cpu block you good.

but if you cant place the aio like that then you do what you can do. not all case can alow for the rad to be above the pump/cpu block. doing it like this MIGHT reduce its life span "MIGHT"🙃

so in custom loops you want an res or t line hooked to the pump feeding it. and you dont want the cpu/gpu block to be the highest point as air bubbles can get trapped reducing its profromace.

yes im aware of aios that you can open up and add coolant or more blocks but for sealed aios its different.

Edited by thrasher_565

5 minutes ago, tdkid said:

that was it. it was just escaping me for the minute. 

but please tell me why we are measuring computer case fans with a water measurment? 

It's a good comparative and quantifiable test.

Basically you hook a tube up to a fan with a 1" dia column of water in line and turn on the fan and observe how far water moves up the tube by the air pressure.

The fan and water never actually touch.

16 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

It's a good comparative and quantifiable test.

Basically you hook a tube up to a fan with a 1" dia column of water in line and turn on the fan and observe how far water moves up the tube by the air pressure.

The fan and water never actually touch.

i think skinne labs use to test that way buy sadly that disaperd...and i dont remember gn ever testing fans with water.

Hey Guy. hahahah thanks for all your participation in this Discussion and Sorry for my absense 😁 Never thought this Topic would kick of as it had here 😂 hahahah

So basically i just wanted some Suggestions for a nice Case where i can put a 360/280 Rad in the TOP so i can have the freshest Air for my RTX 3090, wich as its now installed  in my to tiny Case (be quiet! Pure Base 500DXDXDXD whatever), suffers a bit under the slightly warmer Air coming through the Rad of my CPU, that I have installed in Front.

Besides that i saw alle Videos in the Toic of placing the Tubes on a Rad myself back as they where new 🤓 (all of them, from Linus over Nexus to Jay 😆)

Thats why my current Rad is installed how it is. 😄 (and because its a THICC BOII, thx ARCTIC) 😁

Agian Thanks alot for all of this, but i think now this Thread can rest in Peace! hahaha (when i figured out how to close a Thread) 😄 See ya all!

threads usually dont close unless a mod closes them for something such as violating the rules. after a time they will get a warning on them like ":this threaf is old, maybe you should start a new one".

with what i have seen the best person to pay attention to on airflow cases is steve from gamers nexus as they are very biased towards cases with good airflow and will call out any case or company that says their case does but really doesnt. at the current time i would avoid anything NZXT because they are having an issue with their PCIe riser cables causing fires inside people's cases.