What project management tool does LTT use in their "How We Make 17 Videos a Week" video uploaded today?

Go to solution Solved by connorpiper,

They occasionally show clips of what looks like a project management tool for the company.  Any ideas what tool they use?

It’s funny because that entire video is a scripted infomercial for Monday.com and people don’t even realize it and think it’s organic content.

YouTube needs to come up with a rule to communicate to viewers that an entire video is an advertisement (commercial) vs a sponsorship with an ad spot or supplied product.

Pretty scummy of LMG to veil infomercials as organic content. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even use the service itself.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

23 minutes ago, BEARS ARE PEOPLE TOO said:

Probably should have waited till the end of the video

image.png.97702e7f98b1596c4a11f2183fa7ded2.png

It was also in the description.

1 hour ago, Sakuriru said:

They probably are using it. They've got to be using something to manage projects.

They've mentioned in the past (previous sponsored video in the same theme, I believe called "how we make an LTT video in one day") (wasn't actually mentioned in that video, mentioned in WAN show a few months later, I think) that they use "Generic product management tool" for their workflow, but in an identical manner to how they showcase it in monday.com sponsored content.

Kinda weird, but such is life in the sponsored zone.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

12 hours ago, Roswell said:

It’s funny because that entire video is a scripted infomercial for Monday.com and people don’t even realize it and think it’s organic content.

YouTube needs to come up with a rule to communicate to viewers that an entire video is an advertisement (commercial) vs a sponsorship with an ad spot or supplied product.

Pretty scummy of LMG to veil infomercials as organic content. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even use the service itself.

Literally every single video on the channel is, to one degree or another, a money grab. No surprise considering how many staff there are; it seems like a mini bureaucracy. Probably lots of waste. Still you'd think you could get further than 2 minutes into a video without seeing or hearing major factual errors, which seems to happen about every other day. They have multiple people in the room while filming, why no one has the balls to interrupt linus and inform him that he just called the new Imac and ipad, for the 2nd time in as many minutes? for such a huge channel to be making such mistakes is crazy. 

Just now, jwwagner25 said:

They have multiple people in the room while filming, why no one has the balls to interrupt linus and inform him that he just called the new Imac and ipad, for the 2nd time in as many minutes? for such a huge channel to be making such mistakes is crazy.

I didn't see the video yet... so I may be wrong about it... but felt like answering

They have a script, and they have people fact checking and reviewing scripts. 

I don't know, have you ever considered that maybe they left those errors on purpose in the script, or that maybe they had some contractual obligation to say those things (ex. the sponsor monday wants them to specifically say imac or ipad, to point out compatibility with them, or to target a specific audience)?

Or ... I don't know... considering Youtube does speech to text to close caption or to recommend videos maybe the keywords are on purpose to get more views?

As for people complaining about video being an ad spot  ... they're saying it right at the start in the first 15 seconds... here's as screenshot for the blind people out there: 

image.thumb.png.6565bbc0c72676e515077116d7f738dc.png

so linus holding the new imac and saying "dbrand sent us this ipad" was a contractual obligation? what?! hahaha

56 minutes ago, jwwagner25 said:

so linus holding the new imac and saying "dbrand sent us this ipad" was a contractual obligation? what?! hahaha

No, it may legal obligation in some countries/regions, same thing as saying "this video was sponsored by" ... you may have to disclose if your review/opinion may be biased because you gained a benefit from something (they were gifted the laptop, so they may be "encouraged" to say nice things about dbrand, at the very least, subconsciously)  ... basically they may be required to say if they receive some profit / benefit from something. 

Also read up on product placement rules and regulations and what Youtube and other services has to say about them ... and keep in mind these videos don't go only on Youtube, they also go on Floatplane and they're also subtitles / translated into Chinese and uploaded to that Chinese Youtube site.

Just gonna chip in and say that don't believe LTT when they say "we use". They made a sponsored video with Monday before and as it turns out they didn't actually use it. It wasn't until someone pointed out that they believed the video was staged and that LMG didn't use Monday that Linus admitted to them only using it because they got paid to do so for a video. 

LMG used to use Trello and I'd be surprised if that has changed. 

Remember that LTT is mostly a marketing channel. What they say in their videos are about as true as the commercials you see on TV. 

I just use a piece of paper. 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

23 hours ago, mariushm said:

No, it may legal obligation in some countries/regions, same thing as saying "this video was sponsored by" ... you may have to disclose if your review/opinion may be biased because you gained a benefit from something (they were gifted the laptop, so they may be "encouraged" to say nice things about dbrand, at the very least, subconsciously)  ... basically they may be required to say if they receive some profit / benefit from something. 

Also read up on product placement rules and regulations and what Youtube and other services has to say about them ... and keep in mind these videos don't go only on Youtube, they also go on Floatplane and they're also subtitles / translated into Chinese and uploaded to that Chinese Youtube site.

DUDE> HE IS HOLDING AN I MAC. I MAC. AND HE SAYS, 'I HAVE THIS NEW IPAD' HE IS HOLDING AN APPLE, AND SAYS HE HAS AN ORANGE. do you know how to read? you're telling me its a contractual obligation? 

12 minutes ago, jwwagner25 said:

DUDE> HE IS HOLDING AN I MAC. I MAC. AND HE SAYS, 'I HAVE THIS NEW IPAD' HE IS HOLDING AN APPLE, AND SAYS HE HAS AN ORANGE. do you know how to read? you're telling me its a contractual obligation? 

I was referring simply to the phrase, the spoken words, "dbrand sent us this ipad"   - i didn't watch the video, so I don't know if it was actually an imac, but it doesn't matter. 

But to be honest, it probably doesn't matter legally, as long as it's clear what product he's referring to. I assume device was in his hands, or clearly visible and the chances of viewers confusing that with other things was minimal.  Probably he could have said "dbrand sent us this piece of hardware" and it  would be fine, because viewers understand the piece of hardware means what he has in hands, or on desk in front of him or whatever.