Uncharted 4 PC release

One-Hit Obliterator

Summary

Uncharted 4 is getting a PC port soon, as shown to investors in a meeting on Thursday. This is part of a effort by Sony to move beyond just consoles, as demonstrated by Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn's recent releases. 

G5RTqBpHcX8M4mC5UgEzYi.jpg

Quotes

The company told investors it is working on growth opportunities to make “a transformation from PlayStation’s current console-centric ecosystem to a future where large elements of our community extend beyond the console.”- Owen S. Good, Polygon

My thoughts

Generally, I'd say this is a good thing. Exclusives have been hurting the industry for quite a long time, and it's quite exciting to see more great games be accessible. Can we expect a Spider-Man port soon? 

Sources

Read the full article here: https://www.polygon.com/22456881/uncharted-4-pc-release-dates

6 minutes ago, One-Hit Obliterator said:

Exclusives have been hurting the industry for quite a long time, and it's quite exciting to see more great games be accessible.

Its basically their new model now, god bless Xbox for their self harm of putting their exclusives on PC.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

26 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Its basically their new model now, god bless Xbox for their self harm of putting their exclusives on PC.

Amen Xbox as much as people raged against them removing exclusives has done more for the gaming community than PlayStation every will. Xbox is staying the top dog not through sheer console numbers but by being a leader in the gaming industry with gamepass, pushing out console only exclusives and allowing multi device compatibility. I can't imagine what loosing some of these exclusives like uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn has done to the PlayStations value as a standalone console. Now sony and the value as a company will go up for sure with a bigger user base. However I have to wonder at what point does a console stop becoming profitable when all the games can be played on other devices.

Woah. Always wanted to play this game. Kinda excited again now. Thanks Sony!

27 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Is it really self harm? It's generally done them good despite the negative reception. 

5 minutes ago, SlidewaysZ said:

Amen Xbox as much as people raged against them removing exclusives has done more for the gaming community than PlayStation every will. Xbox is staying the top dog not through sheer console numbers but by being a leader in the gaming industry with gamepass, pushing out console only exclusives and allowing multi device compatibility. I can't imagine what loosing some of these exclusives like uncharted and Horizon Zero Dawn has done to the PlayStations value as a standalone console. Now sony and the value as a company will go up for sure with a bigger user base. However I have to wonder at what point does a console stop becoming profitable when all the games can be played on other devices.

The PC master race will finally achieve it's end goal, and become the ultimater platform ψ(`∇´)ψ. 

2 minutes ago, One-Hit Obliterator said:

The PC master race will finally achieve it's end goal, and become the ultimater platform ψ(`∇´)ψ. 

For real like honestly if I have a PC why would I ever buy a console if the games are now all on PC and look better? I'd spend $170 on a Nvidia shield TV and stream the game to my TV and be happy.

1 minute ago, SlidewaysZ said:

For real like honestly if I have a PC why would I ever buy a console if the games are now all on PC and look better? I'd spend $170 on a Nvidia shield TV and stream the game to my TV and be happy.

No idea in all honestly. Gaming has seen a big shift these past few years with more and more waking up to the significant benefits of PC gaming (even it still has its flaws, no doubt). 

12 minutes ago, One-Hit Obliterator said:

Is it really self harm? It's generally done them good despite the negative reception. 

It's just a different business model. Microsoft has morphed Xbox into a service. They don't care whether you have a 360, One, Series, or PC. They just want you to buy Game Pass and be part of the Xbox ecosystem.

Sony, on the other hand, needs both console and game sales, and exclusives drive that older model. The ones that they're releasing on PC are all older titles, that they've already given up making money on for PlayStation, so why not cash in on the PC crowd. There's no real move away from exclusives here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

6 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It's just a different business model. Microsoft has morphed Xbox into a service. They don't care whether you have a 360, One, Series, or PC. They just want you to buy Game Pass and be part of the Xbox ecosystem.

Sony, on the other hand, needs both console and game sales, and exclusives drive that older model. The ones that they're releasing on PC are all older titles, that they've already given up making money on for PlayStation, so why not cash in on the PC crowd. There's no real move away from exclusives here.

Quite understandable. Also, HOLY SHIT ITS CHRIS PRATT

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Hah, stupid Microsoft, loosing all of their Xbox customers to the Windows PC whos OS is sold by their life long rivals... Uhh... Looks up Microsoft Windows on Wikipedia  ...Oh no. 

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

Don't care about Uncharted but the more PlayStation exclusives coming to PC the better, because it means eventually maybe we'll get Ghost of Tsushima. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

23 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

True. Sony current gen sales won't be affected with this strategy, as long as they keep the newer exclusive to themself.

I think this is a great move, last gen titles won't sell anymore, such a waste if they lock them  inside the ecosystem.

49 minutes ago, AldiPrayogi said:

Woah. Always wanted to play this game. Kinda excited again now. Thanks Sony!

Yes this is exciting, not only for those who haven't played the game, but also for die hard fans that wanna experience better graphic version of the game.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

45 minutes ago, SlidewaysZ said:

Having friends that only play on console, and wanting to play with them.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Looking forward to the eventual Persona 5, Bloodborne, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, and the rest of the Uncharted games becoming playable in the future. Now if only they would release an official emulator for their old consoles and games. Or at least make a console with backwards compatibility - as that would be a good new selling point if exclusives completely go the way of the dodo.

So, what about 1,2 and 3 ? It's kinda stupid to only port 1 game deep into its story/adventure. If they remastered all 4 and put them on PC, then I'd be interested. This way, it's unlikely I'll bother with this one game.

15 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

So, what about 1,2 and 3 ? It's kinda stupid to only port 1 game deep into its story/adventure. If they remastered all 4 and put them on PC, then I'd be interested. This way, it's unlikely I'll bother with this one game.

Yeah thats a pretty good point. It seems weird releasing a super story driven game without its previous titles in the series. It would be one thing if it wasn't super story driven and it doesn't matter if you had played the previous ones but I am unsure if that is the case for this one. 

Is there a ps exclusive I'd like to see on PC?

Only one that comes to mind are the first 3 god of war and the PSP ones.

But still, good on Sony, give en a gold star for effort

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 hours ago, One-Hit Obliterator said:

4 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

Hah, stupid Microsoft, loosing all of their Xbox customers to the Windows PC whos OS is sold by their life long rivals... Uhh... Looks up Microsoft Windows on Wikipedia  ...Oh no. 

Talk about missing the people who im refering for. Microsoft themselves of course view this as basically a big fucking W, theyve repeatedly try to get recurring purchaser especially with how windows 10 is basically their last rodeo of milking people 100$ every few years, and now they got something that can last.

Im sad for the people who develops new xbox console every new console generation just for them to be outpunched by PC that basically have the same game now, ever since the UWP, and now the game pass. Now i get it, the xbox fanboy would still buy this shit every damn generations, but many would just consider new computer instead of another 3-5 years of commiting to something that can only consume content when they can get something that can do a whole lot in a PC.

But hey, i digress. As long as the gaming prebuilts stay overpriced, xbox marketing stay on the rise even if their games advantage basically dwindle, and as long as they keep value lineup like Xbox Series S (which really basically the cheapest route to smooth game pass experience right now), xbox the console will keep going.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Everything is going to plan, yessir!

Now I patiently wait for a Gran Turismo and MLB: The Show PC port announcement. Because this has to be God's will, right?

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Hopefully more games are coming. Wouldn't complain if TLoS, God of War and the upcoming HFW come to PC.

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Having friends that only play on console, and wanting to play with them.

You can do cross platform now and with discord being tied into PlayStation and Xbox live chat on PC now you can chat too. 

9 hours ago, RejZoR said:

My guess is that you'll see the collection at some point, but that U4 was the most recent game, the only one made for the PS4, and thus more likely to sell. I loved the earlier games, but you can definitely tell they were PS3-era titles.

5 hours ago, AldiPrayogi said:

Hopefully more games are coming. Wouldn't complain if TLoS, God of War and the upcoming HFW come to PC.

Given how long it took for Horizon Zero Dawn to arrive, you can probably expect Forbidden West in 2025!

Will for sure pick it up when it comes out. It's the only part of the Uncharted series that I haven't played.