What did you do before you had the internet?

Simple question...What did you do with your time before you had the internet?!

My answer:

I grew up in a small town and most people there didn't have the internet and neither did I. 

I would practice guitar for 8 hours a day, I sang, I read books and listened to music, ALL without the aid of the internet. oh yeah, and I watched a lot of TV.

So about 5 years ago, I finally got internet! (YAY ME!)

What's your answer?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Simple question...What did you do with your time before you had the internet?!

My answer:

I grew up in a small town and most people there didn't have the internet and neither did I. 

I would practice guitar for 8 hours a day, I sang, I read books and listened to music, ALL without the aid of the internet. oh yeah, and I watched a lot of TV.

So about 5 years ago, I finally got internet! (YAY ME!)

What's your answer?

same, but with getting internet 2 years ago instead of 5

Nothing to see here, move along

That was me almost 18 years ago. I remeber playing snes and and going to kindergarden....and outside. Oh boy do I remeber outside

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I got consoles, play with friends in their house or mine, at home at 2pm after school go out with my bike until 6, that was before I moves out and I know every bit of that place then.

Now, it's pretty much just sit on my chair all day long.

That was me almost 18 years ago. I remeber playing snes and and going to kindergarden....and outside. Oh boy do I remeber outside

Believe it or not, outside is still there.  :ph34r:

I got internet access 14 years. Before then I played my games single player, practiced classical piano and hung out with friends. Honestly my life isn't much different today only communication has become easier, I traded the piano for drums and guitar (I kind of wish I hadn't) and my games are now (mostly) being played multiplayer.

cry in a corner all day because i didnt have any friends till i met people on the internet 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Believe it or not, outside is still there.  :ph34r:

I got internet access 14 years. Before then I played my games single player, practiced classical piano and hung out with friends. Honestly my life isn't much different today only communication has become easier, I traded the piano for drums and guitar (I kind of wish I hadn't) and my games are now (mostly) being played multiplayer.

Outside is a place that is between my house and work. I try to stay as far away from it as possible... :P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I had dial up growing up... but that doesnt count since I couldnt do anything :( Hell, doing an online orientation for my first job took 5 times longer than it should.

Basically what everyone else says... Books, outdoors and both PC and Console Games with friends over.

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

Tv, console, go out and play, LEGO, pokemon cards, tetris and game boy.

Few other things aswell but those above mostly.

And ofc homework and school buy meh.

When did i get internet? Dunno. I had it for awhile

LEGOs

Amazing pieces of technology!

Hail Sithis!

Playing on my DS, LEGOS, ass loads of reading, playing Wii w/ friends, playing Katamari Damacy w/ my best friends, video games on a computer that was not connected to the internet (Starwars Battlefront 2 was the BEST on the old e-machines desktop we had)

I used to do that thing where we went outside and climbed trees... what even is that any-more :D

Nowadays you walk outside and get aids xD

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

I used to play with the other kids in the street.

Used to play diablo, pokemon, age of empires, and duke nukem 3d, and a few other games on pc as well as pokemon cards and the digimon devices

Also played with lego, knex and meccano.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I've had internet since I was 5, but I never really got into it until 14

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Usually crushing my little brother at vidya on the N64, Playstation, or Xbox. I had a few handhelds, and at least two boxes of Legos to keep me otherwise occupied. My time spent on the computer was using MSPaint on Windows 98 and playing a handful of the games preinstalled on it alongside a few CDs I had of Sega games. I was never an outdoorsy kid; I tried sports like football (the kicking ball one, not the throwing ball one) and basketball, and even gave activities like biking and skateboarding a try. I was happier working with my hands and putting my fingers to use.~

I don't think I had internet until 2009, and even then it was dial-up because of our fairly rural setting. I'm astonished that I'm someone who has only been connected for five years. Meanwhile most of my own friends can't even remember a time before the internet. Man, was I late to a party or what?

How to pronounce: Nne ya Tano

well i would usually play rugby with my mates at the oval or ride my bike around town make cubby houses with my mates oh and we use to get pipe and put a balloon on the end and shoot each other with rocks that was fun ah use to ride motorbikes and go skying i still did all this stuff until i got a ps3 and found out u could talk to people over the internet lol then the internet took my life :(

Everything I do now of course, except i do it a little better because research is easier. And ebay is like have a giant $2 shop in your loungeroom.

But basically on the pc it was single player games, and lan parties.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Everything I do now of course, except i do it a little better because research is easier. And ebay is like have a giant $2 shop in your loungeroom.

But basically on the pc it was single player games, and lan parties.

I expected your post to sound a lot more grumpy...you're losing your touch mr moose...

Hail Sithis!

I expected your post to sound a lot more grumpy...you're losing your touch mr moose...

piss off.....

:P ....LOL

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

piss off.....

:P ....LOL

that's more like it!

now spit on me and call me scum

Hail Sithis!

that's more like it!

now spit on me and call me scum

If this wasn't your thread I'd kick you out of it.  but seeing as i have net now, I need to go look up zimmer frames and prune juice recipes.