What did you do before you had the internet?

I had internet was I born, well I didnt use it

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

If this wasn't your thread I'd kick you out of it.  but seeing as i have net now, I need to go look up zimmer frames and prune juice recipes.

Bring it on 

*flips hair*

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I had internet was I born, well I didnt use it

Ummmm English?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Ummmm English?

woops, since I was born*

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440

Am I the only one who got internet as such an early age I don't remember the time before it? I still remember my first site the cartoon network one.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I didn't really go on the internet much till It was 2009 and I heard about PleBlox (RoBlox) and Minecraft. But I've always had internet. Before that I rode my bike, played with Legos, and played console games. I played consoles games since I was 3 (old enough to hold a controller) and yet it only took me a year to switch to PCs. The console games I played the most were the original Sims and Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas. And Dead Or Alive 3 with my cousins. Also I used to watch TV a lot and now I don't even touch it and watch YouTube videos.

woops, since I was born*

thanks

young wippersnapper

(trying to channel @mr moose lolz)

Hail Sithis!

Holy hell some of you guys got on the internet really late. I must have been on since I was like 7 or so with some frequency, and had mah dail up on a dedicated line until I was 12 and graduated to DSL (2005?) and a Dell Dimension 3000 or something like that, and probably moved to Cable after like two years or so. 

Shortly after getting DSL, I saved up some pesos for my first (and STILL currently in use) Linksys WRT54GS in 2005/2006 around the same time I got my first IBM Thinkpad and Gen 1001 phat PSP.

Setting up a wireless router with PPoE and doing printer/file sharing etc was probably what forced me to start becoming computer literate.   

around 9 years of 24/7, this router is a damned champ. Now that I think about it, it's probably the single source responsible for a lot of what I've learned today. 

Error: 410

Played this when I was like 10

Played outside until the street lights came on, or WWF (yes, pre-WWE)Smackdown on Thursdays.

Had the internet since 7th grade (2003). Ah the days of AOL dial-up and AIM.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

thanks

young wippersnapper

(trying to channel @mr moose lolz)

what?  what do you want...  Matlock's on the telly.

I got internet in 1996, there wasn't much on. we had to start our own memes and there was no urban dick'n'hairy if someone used an acronym like "ILSHALBOWCO" we had to ask what it meant, not check the UD and pretend we knew all a long like you young fella's.  And back then if someone was being an asshole and they were caught out being wrong then they were quoted and "pwnd" for being a noob. nowadays you get warning points for that.

The first website I looked up was the Linear devices website (I think NS owned it) looking for data sheets on IC's, it started saving me trips to the library. Another fine institution being raped by the digital revolution.  I have over 5000 books in my personal library, it looks fantastic but nowadays people just download an ebook and have easy many times that number.  But I don't care, books on a shelf easily look more culturally upper class than a f**king Ipad. You know to old man (not me, but others) there is no difference between a leap pad and ipad.  they bleep, have some flashing lights, always need charging and stop young people from going outside.  To date they can't do anything useful like change the oil in the car or wash the dishes.

I'm tired now, I am going to have a nap and come back to finish off.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Not watch Linus.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Played sports and old consoles?

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Pickles!

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

what?  what do you want...  Matlock's on the telly.

I got internet in 1996, there wasn't much on. we had to start our own memes and there was no urban dick'n'hairy if someone used an acronym like "ILSHALBOWCO" we had to ask what it meant, not check the UD and pretend we knew all a long like you young fella's.  And back then if someone was being an asshole and they were caught out being wrong then they were quoted and "pwnd" for being a noob. nowadays you get warning points for that.

The first website I looked up was the Linear devices website (I think NS owned it) looking for data sheets on IC's, it started saving me trips to the library. Another fine institution being raped by the digital revolution.  I have over 5000 books in my personal library, it looks fantastic but nowadays people just download an ebook and have easy many times that number.  But I don't care, books on a shelf easily look more culturally upper class than a f**king Ipad. You know to old man (not me, but others) there is no difference between a leap pad and ipad.  they bleep, have some flashing lights, always need charging and stop young people from going outside.  To date they can't do anything useful like change the oil in the car or wash the dishes.

I'm tired now, I am going to have a nap and come back to finish off.

You are amazing...

I love you! :D

Hail Sithis!

Mowed the lawn, went to school, read a lot of books (never had/still dont have a TV) and practiced bass a lot.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Kicked the inside of my mum's tummy. I was a bad fetus.

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Pokemon Ruby and Fire Red on my GBA :D

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I still remember, although I was only 6 years old at that time, but I still remember.  Playing outside; various games and activities, hanging out with childhood friends, having fun with them in general... but when I was 9 or 10 years old, I discovered the internet, and everything changed.

No not really, my friends and I would go to internet cafe's and play online games. Really crappy ones. Dota on the other hand...

Gameboy Color, GBA, NDS, GameCube. My childhood is Pokemon 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I went outside. It was awful.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

You are amazing...

I love you! :D

well, that's easy todo, not too many people that hate me...                             wait a minute....                                   bugger...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Other stuff...

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Before I had internet I was enjoying every game a LOT more than now. Introduction to MP games ruined my SP experience. I just cant get to enjoy SP games like I used to before. There are exceptions but I used to replay almost every game several times before It stopped entertain me and now I am just trying to rush through game just to complete it mostly.

Yes, I was actualy outside of my house too before :/